BC GP Race, 10-5-13

I flagged you by me in the woods, I could hear a 2 stroker rippin behind me and I knew I was holding them up. I seen it was you after you went by, had I known I would have rode very wide like quad wide and not let you around. Lol! Your bike sounds stout! I couldn't hang with you after that. Gibson lapped me in the woods and the dude can ride the woods like he rides the track! Great ride! Maybe shouldn't have made a GP my first track time since 1990! I have blisters on my shifter toe and my left hand went numb so bad that I thought my clutch cable broke at about lap 4. I shifted that poor 125 more times yesterday than Billy Graham has been on his knees.

Ha....I think I yelled "thank you" to you, didnt I? You picked the right time to come back, GP racing is laid back and TONS of fun! You should make the next round at Crow Canyon!

And I agree on the straight before the barrels....I had my 125 PINNED in 6th for what seemed an eternity. Made me wonder if it was going to blow up! Good stuff!

Two of the funnier moments, Chris hause broke his clutch lever. He comes into the barrels yelling, I can't stop. He being the super nice guy stopped anyway and stalled. I gave him a push to get him going again. Luckily he borrowed a lever from a good friend for his next session. The other way funny moment was mr. Mosher not quite getting whoaed for the check point and riding under the tent.....lol.....he did turn around ride back through the barrels.

That was pretty funny! Kinda hard to ride in the woods with no clutch lever! Thanks for your help Jeremy! Thanks to the score girls for letting me put through the barrels the rest of the race. Most of all, Thank you John Krebs for letting me borrow a clutch perch for our +40 race. Pretty cool when the guy Youre battling with in the series helps you out! Had a great time. See yall at Crow!

That was pretty funny! Kinda hard to ride in the woods with no clutch lever! Thanks for your help Jeremy! Thanks to the score girls for letting me put through the barrels the rest of the race. Most of all, Thank you John Krebs for letting me borrow a clutch perch for our +40 race. Pretty cool when the guy Youre battling with in the series helps you out! Had a great time. See yall at Crow!

Yeah, you make due for sure. Can't imagine riding around in the woods with no clutch, at any sort of speed, without stalling it often. Good show there. Thinking you changed your front tube between session in addition to the clutch lever, right? You were hauling in the 40+. Passed me after the Rupelator and shortly there after, I never saw you again until I was leaving... ;) I know that last session I came through the barrels a little hot and felt I got a little close to the checkpoint girl. I yelled "Sorry!!!" as I sped off. They were great.

I would have rode the 1:30 session as well, but if I had any fun like I did the first session, no way I would have enough time to get the bike all aligned up and such before the 3:00 session. Definately had me some fun. Crow isn't all that far from me, but already have plans elsewhere, so no dice there. Have fun!!

If I had one suggestion on a change of the GP course it would be to throw a couple super slow tight turns before the barrels. Just to slow it down a bit and make it safe for the scorers.

I know Spilldawg444 and I were at a dead drag race down the last straight on the last lap of the 3:00 session and I dont know how fast a stock 450 Yamaha goes but I was trying to shift to 6Th gear. The scorers had to be thinking it was time to get out of the way because we both over shot the barrels a little bit, just to find out we weren't even in the same class haha.

I guess that is one more thing I would change. Most hare scrambles score an overall winner. So there is a special award for whoever wins overall. I know this is not a hare scramble but it would be cool to see awards given to the overall winner.

If I had one suggestion on a change of the GP course it would be to throw a couple super slow tight turns before the barrels. Just to slow it down a bit and make it safe for the scorers.

I know Spilldawg444 and I were at a dead drag race down the last straight on the last lap of the 3:00 session and I dont know how fast a stock 450 Yamaha goes but I was trying to shift to 6Th gear. The scorers had to be thinking it was time to get out of the way because we both over shot the barrels a little bit, just to find out we weren't even in the same class haha.

I guess that is one more thing I would change. Most hare scrambles score an overall winner. So there is a special award for whoever wins overall. I know this is not a hare scramble but it would be cool to see awards given to the overall winner.

Yeah, you two were nip and tuck when I slowed (yes, I was able to go slower) to let ya's by without having to park me on the last lap...lapping me of course, while going back in the last woods section. Timing was perfect as not certain I wanted another lap anywho. Well, without any chance of catching and passing someone...

I was nervous just clicking 5th gear down that straight by myself, let alone racing someone. ;)

Back