Winter Projects Re-re-re-re-visited

dmx153

PR Founding Father
I robbed the wheels from the '96 RM250 (that I sold already) and put them on the '96 RM 125. Both tiddlers are tucked away for the winter and now it's time to get busy on the '83 RM250.

002.JPG

003.JPG
006.JPG

004.JPG

Mike

PR Addict
I did not realize that, small world. Do you have any other information on the swap. Looks pretty straight forward, the hole through the frame is interesting, not sure how the left side rad hose will work yet. I am waiting for the UPS man to bring my new DG pipe & silencer and then I will mock it up and start cutting.
You realize that's my thread on Vital?

Vet261

PR Addict
No that's all I know.

I've had people tell me to do it like it's easy to do. So I took my bike all apart one day and tried to do it, quickly realized it's not a simple swap. So I posted that on Vital. Never gone any further with it.

Original44

PR Addict
Getting ready to start two mini races for the long winter. Waiting for the frames to get back from getting powder coated. Got a bunch of parts collected for both projects. First one is a 1978 Honda XR 75. Been looking forward to this one since I was a kid. Second project is a 1977 Yamaha YZ80 DG replica.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Original44

PR Addict
Sturd,
my riding days are behind me, if I just look at the ground I break. They're just going into my collection.

Thanks Mike that means a lot coming from you. Yeah, I can't wait to get them done they should be fun.

mx049

PR Elite
Only have one vintage bike left as the past few years unfortunately have been spent trying to fix the rider. All I want for Christmas is a new back. My 83 Maico 250 just waiting on me as have had 90 precent of the parts to restore it for about 3 years...Maico Mark

Attachments

• IMG_20141104_180351.jpg
    IMG_20141104_180351.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 178

NQ1965

PR Elite
Making progress on project 82 YZ250-rear wheel completed and top end on.

I'm having a terrible time coping with this right now. I'm itching badly to get in the garage and get started on my stuff, but just too much other stuff taking priority.
I was just thinking a week or so back on my MX250, that it's time for a top end, started doing the math, found out I have 17 races on it already, and that doesn't take into consideration engine hours for practice laps.

Whats your plans on the shock? Rebuild, doing yourself, sending out ???
Looks great!

beenridin

PR Elite
I put on new pipe and silencer on the 82 RM 250 (DG) and a new clutch is going in at Pits Garage! Next up is the 81 RM for a freshening up of bearings and the Like. 84 needs a total rebuild and fork seals. Then the 77 YZ will need a freshening up. I put a new silencer on the 84 RM already as the other one exploded from who knows what. 96 , 87 , and modern bikes 08 RMZ ans 04 RM 144 have new oil and air cleaners ready for Monster Mountain...( by the way when do we leave?)

Attachments

• IMG_1352.JPG
    IMG_1352.JPG
    161.2 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_2512.JPG
    IMG_2512.JPG
    172.5 KB · Views: 153