Winter Projects Re-re-re-re-visited

evomx244

PR Addict
Looks pretty sweet Scott! Details?
details-this will be the last bike I do all the crap that makes them pretty, Once you powder coat the frame everything else looks like s**t unless you zinc and paint or purchased Nos hardware. Just like the wheels I was only going to buy new spokes but when they came, I thought the rims looked like crap, so new rims, painted hubs ect . . . . this bike has taken on a life of it's own but it's my old race bike so I wanted to do it up right.
There are things I wish had done better, like some zinc plate the shock eyelet, ect. . . . My goal is to have it done by my 50th birthday in April 6. Motor is done, I need to true the front wheel, rebuild the front forks and finish putting the newly sleeved steering stem into the lower triple tree. there is a chance I'll have it up on wheels by Sunday. Giddy Up !

NQ1965

PR Elite
My work computer is blocking the pic's, so I have to wait to see them on my home computer. I'm anxious to see them though.

It's interesting how many of us are hitting, or recently hit, the "Big Five-O" .

Last edited:

Dano762

PR Addict
It's interesting how many of us are hitting, or have just hit, the "Big Five-O" this year.

Ah to be be a youngster again! Sounds like a good potential thread - What are you going to do for your 50th?

I celebrated my 50th by signing up for my first motocross race in Athens 2 years ago.

Mike, NQ1965, was the first person I met at my first race.

BILL88L

PR Addict
I'll be 50 on October 1st! No wonder we all like the bikes that were the bomb when we graduated high school.

MX099

PR Addict
I will be at the new track in Florida . FLorida Track and Trail in Punta gorda for a LL qualifier . The whole family will be there! 50 here I come. April 14
I think something went wrong with that build. The LLQ was moved to Jacksonville.

AHRMA361

PR Founding Father
My work computer is blocking the pic's, so I have to wait to see them on my home computer. I'm anxious to see them though.

It's interesting how many of us are hitting, or recently hit, the "Big Five-O" .

I hit it last month. Funny to see you, Scott, Mike and Bill all doing the same this year. Must have been a bunch of power outages going on in 1965 that turned out all these old motocrosser's 50 years later....

NQ1965

PR Elite
Yea, with you and DanO, that's 6 more bikes lined up on the 50+ gates.
Should make for some fun racing.

I've never attended any of my High School class reunions but when I recieved notice for the 30 year Reunion I really began thinking back on the years, particularly from like age ten, to like 21 or 22. Those of us that grew up in that era got to see some cool stuff. It's a lot to wrap your brain around. And it's been so long now, It's like....Man, did all of that really happen????

Just the rapid changes in our sport were huge changes.

Vet261

PR Addict
92 RM Frame back from powdercoater. Looks nice.

Should have this bike ready to rip in about a week or so...

92RM Frame.JPG

Dano762

PR Addict
Call me Scott if you can this week. No snow/salt in the forecast so far. Will you be home this weekend if I can drive down to get the CR? Friday night or Sat. morning?
Not to jump into your deal, but OK to jump into your deal. I plan to drive from Cincinnati to Parma on Sunday to pick up a bike that Parma Dave worked on. I would be happy to let the CR hitch a ride.

AHRMA361

PR Founding Father
Not to jump into your deal, but OK to jump into your deal. I plan to drive from Cincinnati to Parma on Sunday to pick up a bike that Parma Dave worked on. I would be happy to let the CR hitch a ride.

Thanks for chiming in Dan. If we can hook it up with a pickup at Scott's in Mason on Sunday, I will have a great appreciation ($$'s and beer!) here at the homestead for a stop-off on your travels to Parma. Heck, I will go on to Dave's from here just to see how he is doing and repay him for more than a few "fishbowls" of draft beer that I have enjoyed there in the past.

Thanks Dan.

evomx244

PR Addict
Judging by the nice carpet, you're building the bikes in the Living Room again aren't ya ?
Parts look great. A lot of fine detail work.
Mike-that's my oldest daughters room, she moved out and is living in Clifton, so her room became the build area for my 82. fingers crossed I'll have it up on wheels by Sunday.

Vet261

PR Addict
Didn't get the 1992 done this weekend as planned, came down with some massive cold and spent all day Sunday on the couch.....thank you to DTS_Akron for stopping over Saturday and helping me clean parts and assemble for a couple hours.

I did manage to score this friggin deal on Ebay though! Pro Circuit pipe and silencer for $79.98 TOTAL!!! Yes I said 80 bucks for the pipe and silencer with free shipping. Pipe has one dent in it just under the Pro Circuit badge, rest is like brand new. I think someone rode with this once and fell and never rode it again! Not a single ding in the header part.
IMG_2918_resize.JPG

IMG_2919_resize.JPG