Winter Projects Re-re-re-re-visited

Vet261

PR Addict
What's going on? Everyone slacking off on projects?

I'm making progress on the 1989 RM125. Should be assembling soon.

IMG_2313.jpgIMG_2314.jpg

rsim141

PR Member
What's going on? Everyone slacking off on projects?

I'm making progress on the 1989 RM125. Should be assembling soon.

John - where are you getting your powder coating done? I've found a couple of places in Columbus & I think someone said there's a good guy in Zanesville.

I looked back at your post under "Ultrasonic cleaner" - now that the Christmas $ bleeding has passed, I need to get one ordered so I can try to catch up to you! I got in the new cases for my 82 RM250 project so waiting on seals & bearings to get the motor overhaul done.

What do you do when the tanks need a reconditioning?

rsim141

PR Member
What have you used successfully to take scratches out of the plastic on gas tanks? Mine's not a write-off but with new plastic going on everywhere else the tank's gonna look like crap.

rsim141

PR Member
Thanks Mike - for the deeper scratches I figured I could take a blade to get the raised part off, then a sanding block working my way up to finer grit paper. Saw somewhere that guys have had luck with heat guns getting some sort of shiny surface back after the sanding (completely dry & uncapped tank of course)

smitty

PR Addict
rv.jpgmrtank.jpgnew project 79 ford 22' motorhome and finished tank for MR175 paint by Joe at house of colors in elyria

smitty

PR Addict
No more sleeping in the hotel dodge (77 dodge van I have owned since new)
Long live that coachman motel
It his a removable platform off the back that should carry 2 bikes
I'll post pics of the completed bike soon

rsim141

PR Member
That Coach looks in pretty good condition for the year - many things to fix? Looks like some standard roof leaks to work on...

smitty

PR Addict
No leaks , roof replaced in 03 along with a bunch of other stuff
Tarp on roof is for storage
Mileage around 24K 460 is plenty strong just needs regular maintance items
Goes down the road real good,drove it home to Cleveland from Huron