Winter Projects Re-re-re-re-visited

MX099

PR Addict
Now that winter is over and I got the title back. I'm finally motivated to start my project. I began tear down, I will be rebuilding the motor and trans soon. Not sure how to handle the suspension. I weigh 250 so I'm going to need some help/ideas there.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 204
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 176
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 191
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 190

MX099

PR Addict
I think I have a lot more mud and dirt than rust. I might get away with cleaning the frame and not powder coating it. I'll find out soon.

C Hudak

PR Addict
So what do you guys think would be a good buy on a 01 RM 250 that needs a lot. A clutch, Rotors and brakes, etc.

dmx153

PR Founding Father
So what do you guys think would be a good buy on a 01 RM 250 that needs a lot. A clutch, Rotors and brakes, etc.

Didn't you already go this route with an older RM? If it needs that much work no more than $600 bucks IMO.

C Hudak

PR Addict
Yes I did, and that's what I was thinking. I was second guessing myself and how much to spend. What people are asking on craigslist and what they are getting are two different things.

MX099

PR Addict
I can't believe I'm having this problem, but I can't get the original tank decals off. I tried heat, now I'm trying Goo-Gone. Still no luck. Any ideas?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 153

C Hudak

PR Addict
So Who bought the 06 RMZ450 for $500.00 on canton craigslist? Guy said I missed it by five minutes and it was only on the list for 40min.

Vet261

PR Addict
Finished going through the RM144 and put it back to blue and yellow. Tossed in a little retro flavor too.

RM144.jpg

Vet261

PR Addict
'89 RM125 is looking nice but I've put it aside for a while. Too much other stuff going on. I'll finish it next Winter.

89 RM125.jpg