Winter Projects Re-re-re-re-visited

MotoJason

PR Member
Per AHRMA PVMX Rule #12.5d- Keihin PWK type carbs are NOT legal for Ultima. The Mikuni TM style flat slide carb IS legal. However, the Mikuni TMX with a D shaped slide IS NOT legal.

Vet261

PR Addict
My Holy Grail of bikes is now in my garage, 1988 RM125. Some of my favorite years of racing were on this bike and I've wanted one to restore for years. They were not very good bikes and were not afraid to blow up so to find one intact is tough.

This one is mostly all original and looks nice, but definitely needs a ton of work. Looks good enough to toss in the corner for a while though until I get a chance to work on it.

88RM125.jpg

Also putting the final touches on my 1998 RM250 Bomber/Non-Current bike. I hope to put a good amount of time on this bike in 2016. Full Race Tech suspension, new rims, brakes, bearings throughout, FMF pipe and silencer on the way.

98RM.jpg

RocketRobin

PR Founding Father
Those RM's sure do look nice when you are all done with them!!!! You make old things look new, while I make new things look old!!!! Never been a pretty bike guy, just ride it and wash it, ride it again. I appreciate all the work you put into those bikes!

baxterj787

PR Addict
Vet261, is that an 89 RM125 poking it's nose around the 98 250 (next to the torpedo heater)? I always had a sweet spot for both the 88 and 89 RM125s. Totally different machines, neither of which was "afraid to blow up".

ck1racerx

PR Addict
Really like following this thread but I have noticed an alarming trend. All of the "vintage projects" are all, or were all, cutting edge during my racing career.
s**t, I really am OLD.

AHRMA361

PR Founding Father
Just my speed ! Gotta love those forks . Handling must be.....phenomenal .

Honda tried it, DeCoster liked it. It eliminates front end dive under braking. Concept was just too heavy and expensive for production on long-travel bikes.
honda_rc125m1.jpg

48625_decoster_mxa_aug_1979_450.jpg

ahrma479

PR Member
Here you go Randy. I picked this up over the summer. Was in a shed for the last 30 years or so. 1970 DKW 125MX. Perfect for an old bastige like you!

View attachment 51004

MAN I like that little bugger BUT, Classic 125 (IF they still allow the SL150) the SL 150 would eat it alive.
I had the one guy pass me WFO in WVA on a 150 while I was on my CR125 and I know my Elsie was no slouch.
I would LOVE to restore that Deek though, how much?

AHRMA361

PR Founding Father
MAN I like that little bugger BUT, Classic 125 (IF they still allow the SL150) the SL 150 would eat it alive.
I had the one guy pass me WFO in WVA on a 150 while I was on my CR125 and I know my Elsie was no slouch.
I would LOVE to restore that Deek though, how much?
Z - make me an offer I can't refuse. You need a winter project.

VETRIDER801

PR Member
My Holy Grail of bikes is now in my garage, 1988 RM125. Some of my favorite years of racing were on this bike and I've wanted one to restore for years. They were not very good bikes and were not afraid to blow up so to find one intact is tough.

This one is mostly all original and looks nice, but definitely needs a ton of work. Looks good enough to toss in the corner for a while though until I get a chance to work on it.

View attachment 50962

Also putting the final touches on my 1998 RM250 Bomber/Non-Current bike. I hope to put a good amount of time on this bike in 2016. Full Race Tech suspension, new rims, brakes, bearings throughout, FMF pipe and silencer on the way.

View attachment 50963
I had a 1988 RM-125 put a 38 MM Kehin Flat slide on it and have Mark Weaver port the Cylinder, it will FLY!!