Mike Jenkins aka MJ of MJ USA

VETRIDER801

PR Member
http://wp.me/p7fJAs-199x#.V3QtXXuUDR4.email

Fellow pitracer friends Heard something beyond awful has happend.

Mike Jenkins apparently shot and killed his wife and another adult before taking his own life

I knew Mike personally as alot of us racers did in the late 80's and early 90's

Dont really know what to say other than pray for his Daughter, Family and friends

getting to the point nothing suprises me anymore The link above ties to his home address in Illinois

Truly sad. I had a friend send me his facebook post regarding this today. Out of respect, I won't post it here. Prays go out to the family.

Awful that he felt pushed over the edge by some terrible circumstances.

An even bigger tragedy for the kids who no longer have either of their parents.

RIP

I have been to MJ a bunch over the years and this is just crazy. I was there in the fall and he was telling me about a 20Km ride he just did around the West coast and Baha on his Tenere. Why? Why? Why? My heart goes out to everyone effected by this unexplainable act.

I was just at the shop a week ago. Someone tell me this is not true. Mike has been a great friend since 81. I have never met a more positive upbeat guy in my life

I was just at the shop a week ago. Someone tell me this is not true. Mike has been a great friend since 81. I have never met a more positive upbeat guy in my life
It's true found out early this morning but didn't want to say anything thought and prayers with the kids robbed of both parents

I agree 100% CK. He always had a solution for my problem and we would look through piles of stuff to find it. I just called my wife and said "do you remember the little shop where we bought the girls their gear off Morse Rd?" It was like 12 years ago and she did. Unfortunately, I have seen this before with my high school friend and then roommate from college - always smiling, money you could live forever on, etc. but he had something more going on but you could not really tell. He didn't take any others with him but he chose to take his own life and 20 years later it still makes no sense. He was not MJ when it happened I am certain of that.

I've known MJ my whole life,literally, both my of parents went to high school with Mike.I remember going to his first shop that was in his parents garage. My first ever sponsor. He took me on the craziest Wayne Nat forest trail I've ever seen and I was on a 96 cr 80, but I hung in the whole time and made it home with his help. He had a WTFO (wide the f**k open ) attitude that not everyone has,I've read the FB post first hand word for word. Craziness for sure.!! Wish all the best to all his children. A local MX legend has been lost for good.

Mike did alot for us "kids" in the 80's and 90's when he was selling parts and gear at most the local races. My dad was a single income back then trying to raise 2 kids and have BOTH racing Mike at times sold stuff to my dad and I KNOW he didnt make anything probably lost money if anything Behind closed doors none of us know what goes on in others lives, that being said, I just wish he'd thought this through and made a better choice. I wish nothing but the best for his children, its going to be hard on them. God speed to all that are directly involved as result of this.

Makes no sense, when I started riding 3 years ago, Mike set me up with boots, jersey, and all the gear I needed for a hell of a deal. He was there a couple of weeks ago selling the balance of the inventory, I think he just got married 3 years ago.?????????????????

Mike.jpg

Crazy news and chills down my back! I was reading reviews on the Michelin Starcross 5 today and started calling shops in Columbus around 3:00 to see if anyone is carrying them. I called MJ's and the phone just rang and rang. I found it odd that nobody was answering. Now, unfortunately I'm hearing about it here. *not on Facebook*

Sent from my iPhone using PitRacer mobile app

I remember Mike pulling that hipoint trailer around way back when.

Just started getting some post on FB where he was having a retiring sale and selling everything in the shop.

Very sad news for sure. RIP.

Sent from my SM-G900V using PitRacer mobile app

Crazy hard to believe. Have Known Mike for 20 plus years. He always took care of me whenever I needed anything. He did alot for the sport and all of the riders. Godspeed good friend.

Wow, I've known Mike since 89. Always upbeat. This is awful to read, and very weird to digest at the same time. I think he coined the phrase "I'll give you the good guy price"

Such a shame to hear and read all these stories about him. Didnt get a chance to meet him, but heards lots of good things about him. A buddy of mine went to his shop for some jet ski parts and Mike had told him he had another warehouse with skids full of parts and he would be getting them out once the store thinned out some more. Lots of rare parts even. If anyone hears about what they are going to do with the rest of stuff he had to sell, please let me know.

Back