Mike Jenkins aka MJ of MJ USA

Seems to be some confusion, did he kill a third person? Does anybody know the real story. Everything I read says classic murder / suicide with no mention of the third, except a Facebook post?

http://racerxonline.com/2016/07/01/racerhead-27

A sad, tragic story popped up when a friend texted me a bizarre Facebook post from Mike Jenkins, the owner of Ohio-based MJ USA and an early sponsor of riders like Jeromy Buehl, “Flyin’” Mike Bias, Brian Stanley, and lots of others in Ohio, West Virginia, and Pennsylvania. He wrote about how proud he was of his kids and what he’d done with his life, the success of his recent business enterprises, and so on. Then it took a sharp turn and went into how he got an unexpected call from a coworker of his wife’s, how she was having an affair, and how he turned around and headed for home and more. Then Jenkins wrote about where he wanted his ashes buried, how he would soon be joining his “brown-eyed girl,” and how he hopes he saves others.

A short time later Jenkins apparently shot his wife and another adult in a home in Bensenville, Illinois, killing both. Then he shot himself.

I'm in total shock. I used to take my rear wheels to MJ because they were so hard to change and he asked me why wasn't I doing that myself. He taught literally taught me how to install a new tire right there in front of the counter. That man had so many amazing stories of riding and racing all sorts of machines. I don't understand this at all.

Sad man. First place my dad ever took me to get riding hear (95 I believe) ever since then I always went to mike to buy parts. He was a good man... I ten ever at times being short on cash, but I needed a part for my bike to race the weekend... He would literally just give me the part and say "just give me the $ next time, I know your dad, were good" that's a good man right there. Rip mike. Thanks for all the help and memories over the years

I was missing my dad today and came across this thread. Thank you all for your kind words of my father and sharing some of your stories of him, it means the world to me. All of you are like family to me as I grew up not only in the shop but going to a lot of races and the award shows. My dad did a lot for others and did it because he was a good man and loved every one of you. I always thought that he would die on the track not this way.

Michelle (little MJ)

Last edited:
I was missing my dad today and came across this thread. Thank you all for your kind words of my father and sharing some of your stories of him, it means the world to me. All of you are like family to me as I grew up not only in the shop but going to a lot of races and the award shows. My dad did a lot for others and did it because he was a good man and loved every one of you. I always thought that he would die on the track not this way.

Michelle (little MJ)

Your father was an awesome guy. He truly had a love for the sport and loved seeing others ride and compete. Like i said, i remember a few times i was short on cash, he would just hook it up and I’d get him the $ when i could. That’s what moto is is strangers that become family for having the same passion

Back