The return... With a twist.

TwentyThreeMX

PR Founding Father
you can get a bills that "looks" like a cone pipe when purchasing a new one for an xtra $120 I believe.. just saw it somewhere.. not sure if this is new or if they've been doing it for a while. def look sweet.

TwentyThreeMX

PR Founding Father
Cone-Look-Description..jpg

ktrop251

PR Member
Interesting.. I had no idea places did that. Pretty cool idea though. Sounds like its cheaper than a $350 cone pipe.

TwentyThreeMX

PR Founding Father
i stripped down a stock YZ pipe, can make them look cool.. finish held up fine. not as cool as the cone look though but cost me about $10 to do it!

d7ef7b1538.jpg

Reactions: DTS

k01

PR Elite
Ktrop251
I don't think the 125 is the same. The 2 stroke YZ250 and the 4 strokes 250 and 450 have the same mounting points for swingarm, linkage and shocks. Get 2010-2014 YZF 250 swingarm and linkage both. You will need YZF rear wheel too axle is bigger. You will drop about 3 lbs unsprung weight too with YZF swingarm and rear wheel. Ratio is more progressive than 2 stroke. 450 parts will work but ratio is different. I figured 250F is closer weight wise so favored 250 option.
Sorry to high jack this thread with YZ info. Just trying to help.

index.php

'06 with '09 450 suspension. I've since gone back to the stock triple clamps as the 450 clamps made the front too busy for me. And all my sponsors on the plastic. At first I thought the plastic update was just for looks but the rear fender and side plates make for a nice grab/hold and the radiator shrouds are more narrow and comfortable.

MX099

PR Addict
index.php

'06 with '09 450 suspension. I've since gone back to the stock triple clamps as the 450 clamps made the front too busy for me. And all my sponsors on the plastic. At first I thought the plastic update was just for looks but the rear fender and side plates make for a nice grab/hold and the radiator shrouds are more narrow and comfortable.
Is it front and rear?

TwentyThreeMX

PR Founding Father
What did you use to strip down the stock Yz pipe?

Sent from my iPhone using PitRacer mobile app

Aircraft stripper from auto parts store, its some pretty strong s**t. coated it onto the pipe, let it sit a while and presssure washed it off. then hit the pipe with a wire wheel on a drill and it came off pretty easy. after that some scotch brite pads, and then mothers metal polish. after that i wiped everything down, soaked it pretty good in WD 40 and then heated it up with a little propane torch along the seams. at that point, be careful it goes non colored to colored really quick. mine spread a little faster than i would have preferred it to. rumor is you can use toilet bowl cleaner to undo the blue effect? no clue if that works or not. i left mine and just tried to re heat it and even it out.

sounds like a lot of work but it wasnt bad and i was happy with the results.

ktrop251

PR Member
i stripped down a stock YZ pipe, can make them look cool.. finish held up fine. not as cool as the cone look though but cost me about $10 to do it!

d7ef7b1538.jpg
And 40 hours of labor.
index.php

That looks good. I'm digging the sponsors. You're going to have to sell the lens on your goggles for more advertising space. Which kit is that? I've been searching around. I found the UFO and Rtech kits. The Rtech actually seems to be what I'm looking for. I'd do the Vlaad racing kit if I had $2,000 to spare but.... I don't. lol

Reactions: k01

ck1racerx

PR Addict
OK, ran into an issue. The bike has a "platinum" pro circuit pipe and these is no way in hell I am riding a bike with a chrome pipe. I tried blasting it off and after 30 min I only managed to dull it out a little. (which is better, but still...) anyone have any tricks on getting that chrome crap off?

Ron505

PR Founding Father
index.php

Ha, we're on the same team...

Reactions: k01

John250

PR Founding Father
Go black on the frame and swing arm and frame.

If Musselman gets in that 4 way 125 race, I am putting my money on Mark to come out on top. He probably is still about 160lbs.

MX099

PR Addict
OK, ran into an issue. The bike has a "platinum" pro circuit pipe and these is no way in hell I am riding a bike with a chrome pipe. I tried blasting it off and after 30 min I only managed to dull it out a little. (which is better, but still...) anyone have any tricks on getting that chrome crap off?
Acid dip. Go to a plating shop. It will be in expensive.

k01

PR Elite
Is it front and rear?

I've had this bike twice. It's had blue yellow and now white plastic. I sold it to jeffro667 and he did all the mods. I thought he would do his magic and quickly be on to another project like usual but he kept this one for a time before I could get it back. It has 450 suspension front and rear with 450 footpegs too. A modified carb slide and head, UFO plastic, wheels, rotors and a Honda front brake. I just put the white fenders back on. I had some blue ones on before I redrilled the 450 front fender to fit the 250 triple clamps. The 450 front number plate is shaped differently at the base and shorter so I went back to the 250 plate.