MX Track Preferences

Crash-N-Burn

PR Member
Whether it be a practice track or race track, what do you as a rider or perhaps a spectator prefer when it comes to a motocross track? Lap times? Elevation? Obstacles?Dirt type? Maintainence? Viewing areas?
A good friend of mine is revamping an old private practice track. He previously owned and operated SplitRail. Want to draw as many riders as possible, so let's hear what you have to say...
And go!!!

Just make this

21FX5020.JPG

I enjoy sand but I think it's because I don't get to ride in it as often as other surfaces.

More elevation and less jumps. Seems like every track these days has to have that one jump that only 1/3 of the people hit. I don't understand that. Build a track for the majority. Fun, easy, smooth jumps are a given, but lets put a stop to big dangerous jumps.

A cross between Beans elevations, Red Bud soil and safe big jumps ( minus the leap ), WW ranch layout and jumps, Monster mountain soil, layout, elevations and jumps, Chillitown pits and finally Briarcliff prep skills
Should we exclude dirty pro practices from permission to ride? Lol
All great input fellas!

I say just build what you like to ride unless you just want to bring in more riders. But pretty sure people will always find something to gripe about and my bet is most people hit whatever is closest and open the day they want to ride. One of my least favorite tracks to ride I ride the most simply because its 25 mins away and flows fine.

So I'm going to draw on the experience of many years of designing tracks for video games for various platforms.

What is most highly regarded are uphill and downhills, natural whoops, jumps built into natural terrain, or a combination of the prior 3 (ideal).

It's no secret that what is fun in a video game is also fun in real life. The inverse does not apply.

It's close enough for me....I'll be there no matter what it is....at least once.

Actually, I prefer elevation change (if anyone has been to Drews, you know what I'm talking about), including some natural terrain type jumps as previously mentioned.

Back