It's Regional Time!

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
just to ride the well prepped track with full gates and spending time with fellow racers. It really sounds like a blast.

BINGO!

That, and for me Regionals are extra enjoyable because the competition levels are uber high and they segregate the little bikes from the big ones.

MX955

PitRacer Pro
I'm excited to go to the Chillitown Regional this weekend and not even riding, just going to support #32 and all the other kids that will be racing! I learned from Sharc a few years ago at the Redbud Regional after I got hurt how fun they can be! He told me to just hang out if I could and watch, so I did! It was sooo much fun seeing everything that goes on in the pits and the racing is intense!!! I'm at the point in my life where riding and racing are fun but watching a good amateur race with people you know racing in it is just as fun!!!

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
I'm at the point in my life where riding and racing are fun but watching a good amateur race with people you know racing in it is just as fun!!!

Dude - I was hanging on the fence whistling my face off while Pape was ripping that lead.
I would run (hobble) from one section to the other - got a head rush so I had to back it down just a bit - but it was awesome!!!

You'll have a blast this weekend ....Good luck to #32 !!! Stay on two wheels and you got this..

john lilly

PR Addict
While, I have ridden some in my life, I have never raced mx (just BMX). However, I love watching the racing from the little guys all the way to the pro's. Of course watching my son race is why I am there but I always try and watch as many other races as I can. I have found it very enjoyable watching these kids race and the personal growth of each one. It doesn't matter to me if we are at a local race, a qualifier or a regional, I just like to watch the racing. I bet, I never watched a mx race until my son started riding when he was 9. But now, I love watching racing from the local scene all the way to the Pro's. It's just good stuff.

4DAIVI PAI2K5

PR Addict
I'm excited to go to the Chillitown Regional this weekend and not even riding, just going to support #32 and all the other kids that will be racing! I learned from Sharc a few years ago at the Redbud Regional after I got hurt how fun they can be! He told me to just hang out if I could and watch, so I did! It was sooo much fun seeing everything that goes on in the pits and the racing is intense!!! I'm at the point in my life where riding and racing are fun but watching a good amateur race with people you know racing in it is just as fun!!!

We are packed up and the boy headed out with Papaw and the camper this morning. I have to finish my shift at work then I'll be heading down. Keep and eye out for little 93 he will be on his Jr and PW.
3 by 4DAIVIPAI2K5, on Flickr

4 by 4DAIVIPAI2K5, on Flickr

And just because its awesome lol.
11 by 4DAIVIPAI2K5, on Flickr

ck1racerx

PR Addict
I too will be at the regional this weekend helping out the Chili crew. (because they are great people and they asked...) When not waving my little flags and helping around the track, I will be available for open rock throwing target practice... Get your arms loose.
I hear Sharc throws like a girl so I should be OK

pape718

PR Member
Dude - I was hanging on the fence whistling my face off while Pape was ripping that lead.
I would run (hobble) from one section to the other - got a head rush so I had to back it down just a bit - but it was awesome!!!

You'll have a blast this weekend ....Good luck to #32 !!! Stay on two wheels and you got this..
That was one of the best feelings seeing all mine friends around the track cheering me on its amazing how much that makes you dig deep. Sharc was a big help in letting me know how close people was looked forward to seeing him each lap around, and a big thanks to Eric at SRS he has my bike handling best I have ever had one handle

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
So far reports back has Chilli with a big surge in folks arriving in the AM today. Got them in and parked pretty quick.
I've seen a few pics of the track and prep looks good.

motox37

PR Member
That was one of the best feelings seeing all mine friends around the track cheering me on its amazing how much that makes you dig deep. Sharc was a big help in letting me know how close people was looked forward to seeing him each lap around, and a big thanks to Eric at SRS he has my bike handling best I have ever had one handle
Jeff well deserved you rode great. Fun watching you keep Grewe in site.

4DAIVI PAI2K5

PR Addict
It's getting warm. We are not thrilled they cut the track for the 50jr's. First time being here and there but was looking forward to those back jumps. Sign up was a mess for people this morning. Looks like things got worked out.
Prep has been super, staff has been great.

Ron505

PR Founding Father
It's getting warm. We are not thrilled they cut the track for the 50jr's. First time being here and there but was looking forward to those back jumps. Sign up was a mess for people this morning. Looks like things got worked out.
Prep has been super, staff has been great.
I have a feeling that not all 50jr's ride like your boy....lol. But, it is a Regional after all.

4DAIVI PAI2K5

PR Addict
I have a feeling that not all 50jr's ride like your boy....lol. But, it is a Regional after all.
Lol that's my point, he needed those jumps to make up time. We had to have a discussion with ama officials. They cut our practice to 7 mins. On the last session. Parents weren't happy about it.

ck1racerx

PR Addict
Well I know for a fact they were all the same time. I personally started and stopped every session. Even with reduced time per session we still went over time by 50 minutes just because a few sessions were cut into two and the required "break" between schoolboy and supermini.
Pretty good day. Tons of bikes