VMD Update...

Alex186

PR Member
I know people think of this event as a "Vintage Event" but it's more then that. As promised, 2017 Vintage Motorcycle Days will feature some revamped aspects of the event plus the new fun events added. Check out some of the new stuff going on... more information can be found on at http://www.amavintagemotorcycledays.com/ or by contacting the AMA offices, ask for Connie Fleming or Alex Hunter.

AMA Pit Bike TT
Mid-Ohio Car Course infield across from the Old Bike Barn Crossroads near the Mid-Ohio Deck.
When: Friday, July 7th – 4:30pm
Registration: Friday, July 7th – 2pm to 4 pm (Registration only available on day of near the Pit Bike Track)
Pit Bike Race Fees: $10 and must be a AMA Member
Pit Bike Classes:
1 - 50ccc Pit Bike Class (0cc – 50cc)
2 - 110cc Pit Bike Class (70cc – 110cc/four stroke only)
3 - 125cc Pit Bike Class (112cc – 125cc/four stroke only)

Holeshot Competition
Information:
Come test your holeshot skills in this “bring what you got” exhibition race on Saturday Night. All riders must wear basic protective gear and must sign a waiver form before competing in this event.
Location: Off-Road Racing Area – At the Motocross Starting Gate
When: Saturday, July 8th – 6pm
Registration: Saturday, July 8th – 4pm to 6pm (Located in the Off-Road Admin Trailer)
Holeshot Race Fees: AMA Members are FREE

AMA Racing After Party Bike Show
More Information and Entry Form
: https://fs4.formsite.com/AMARacing/form51/index.html
Information: The AMA Racing After Party Bike Show is a show to honor premium, restored racing equipment.
When: Saturday, July 8th - 7pm to 10pm
Location: Off-Road Racing Infield in the Hanger - Ross Road Entrance
Registration/Check-In: Saturday - 5pm to 7pm (Located outside of the Hanger)
Bike Show Fees: AMA Members are FREE
Show Categories:
1 - Vintage (1979 and older motorcycles)
2 - Post Vintage (1980 and newer motorcycles)
3 - Mini-Cycle (100cc or less)

Also don't forget to Pre-Entry for the Racing... https://secure.tracksideprereg.com/amavintage/

Free Racing for 50cc PW racers...

11737941_10102175238352112_9125818851421726217_n.jpg

11204416_10102175238312192_134166285107113996_n.jpg

11703330_10102175238167482_5524814521640750993_n.jpg

11701229_10102175238162492_3567282425272164145_n.jpg

The biggest motorcycling event in Ohio. Great time, if you've never been there come down with a pit bike and ride around and see it for yourself!

The biggest would probably be Ohio Bike Week. It last 10 days.

Ohio Bike Week is pretty legit... but VMD has that "Loretta's for Adults" feel... Plus if you dig motorcycles.. there is road racing, hare scrambles, motocross, trials, dirt track (at ashland fairgrounds), the wall of death guys, literally almost 800 vendors in the swap meet, live music, bike shows, bike builders with new and old motorcycles on display, demo rides with KTM, GasGas, Zero, and so on...

When I moved to Ohio to work for the AMA, had no idea this event even existed. Now it's one of the events I look forward to, even if I wasn't responsible for working. I would circle this date on my calendar, bring a camper, and a pit bike. And have a blast.

If you have never been please don't speculate because if you came you would change your opinion I guarantee it. By far my favorite thing I do each year. As Vet261 said bring a pitbike! I put over 60 miles per year on my 72 TC125 and never leave the place.

The biggest would probably be Ohio Bike Week. It last 10 days.
You been watching the Stewart brothers for way toooooooooooooo long, must have lost your objectivity. MID OHIO is IT, don't need a Harley or a Tatoo

If you're going naked - then get naked .......What's with the sock? Chicken...
I'm most disturbed with what seems like other men wanting to take a photo of him.
Why would you want a pic of that?

Sounds like I need to pick up a bike to do this and Unidilla. I'm told the place is great.

I would like to find a good 1982 rm 250 to race that evolution stuff. Or a YZ 465.

Definitely a can't miss event. The best motorcycle event in the state for real motorcycle people.

20170605_231516.jpg
20160708_210203.jpg

Attachments

• 20170605_232539.png
    20170605_232539.png
    897.2 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:
I think the difference in VMD and Ohio Bike Week is that VMD is really an AMA driven event. Ohio Bike Week is Huge, and HUGE for the Ohio economy. Much more so that VMD.

My question would be this. As someone that goes to Ohio Bike Week, Daytona Bike Week, Biketoberfest, etc. why would the AMA not have more of a presence at these events? They have a tent here or there sometimes, but not often. Are these people that you should not promote the AMA too? With all the legislative things that the AMA does for motorcyclist?

I think the difference in VMD and Ohio Bike Week is that VMD is really an AMA driven event. Ohio Bike Week is Huge, and HUGE for the Ohio economy. Much more so that VMD.

My question would be this. As someone that goes to Ohio Bike Week, Daytona Bike Week, Biketoberfest, etc. why would the AMA not have more of a presence at these events? They have a tent here or there sometimes, but not often. Are these people that you should not promote the AMA too? With all the legislative things that the AMA does for motorcyclist?

That is an interesting question. And now it's got me thinking. I wonder what percentage of Outlaw Bikers are AMA members. Of that percentage how many are life members?

That is an interesting question. And now it's got me thinking. I wonder what percentage of Outlaw Bikers are AMA members. Of that percentage how many are life members?
I ride with a lot of guys that are members that have never raced or anything like that. I bet the number is more than you think. Alex probably has the stat of how many are street riders some where.

I'd imagin the AMA doesn't see their image dovetailing in well with a big drinking party that caters primarily to "adult" fun rather than being family oriented.

I'd imagin the AMA doesn't see their image dovetailing in well with a big drinking party that caters primarily to "adult" fun rather than being family oriented.
Your joking right? The AMA is like the Chamber of Commerce, they are in the business of selling memberships. Why shun people with lots of disposable income that drop it on about anything for their motorcycles. They do not discriminate.

Your joking right? The AMA is like the Chamber of Commerce, they are in the business of selling memberships. Why shun people with lots of disposable income that drop it on about anything for their motorcycles. They do not discriminate.

Well then, based on that logic..they should be setting up membership tents at KKK gatherings too :)

Back