Regional Thread?

Past tense. I'd be in a coma these days if I tried to be as good as I once was lol. No kitty car. I'm also not claiming ive drank $293 by myself. Probably close though back in my day lol.

My point is, comparing that amount of money to what some people blow on stupid stuff isn't that crazy.

That's new plastic and graphics. Or one set of high end gear. One nice watch. One small yeti cooler. One pair of over priced jeans. One pair of American made boots.

I'm also not claiming it's easily affordable, because it's not. However, in comparison, it's not horrible.

Back by popular demand....

I remember my dad bitchin about paying $180 to get in the gate at mini os. 15 years ago. That was for a week and factory trucks that would rebuild your bine if it blew up. Dunlop selling tires and mounting them for $10.....new tires every moto. Yeaaaa.

Chillitown I was at pleasure valley you are correct. People complaining about camping price but unlimited water and electric is way better then generators none stop and trying to get your truck out to fill water barrel. Keep working hard not a fan of lay out still like original but you guys are top notch on trying to put on a great event. Regionals cost a lot of money to go to and to put on.

We got mugged at the gate no matter how you look at it.

It is there right and they can charge whatever they want.

Did you not look at prices before you came? Its your right to not attend if you feel like you are being "mugged". Maybe you should have went to Gatorback where they charged $200 for the weekend compared to our $150. How about Spring Creek where they charged $150 for the weekend for electric only hook up, $15 per vehicle. Maybe Millcreek where they charge $150 for electric only hook ups and $30 a class for practice. Or better yet how about Underground MX where you had to pay $10 per vehicle per night, $30 a class for practice and $25 for a pit pass but have to pay an additional $5 per person for each driver of that pit vehicle.

Fact of the matter is regionals are expensive because its a difficult event to hold at a facility. There is so much more to holding one of these events than people realize.

Did you not look at prices before you came? Its your right to not attend if you feel like you are being "mugged". Maybe you should have went to Gatorback where they charged $200 for the weekend compared to our $150. How about Spring Creek where they charged $150 for the weekend for electric only hook up, $15 per vehicle. Maybe Millcreek where they charge $150 for electric only hook ups and $30 a class for practice. Or better yet how about Underground MX where you had to pay $10 per vehicle per night, $30 a class for practice and $25 for a pit pass but have to pay an additional $5 per person for each driver of that pit vehicle.

Fact of the matter is regionals are expensive because its a difficult event to hold at a facility. There is so much more to holding one of these events than people realize.

Chillitown may equal KOA, but it's no where near Gatorback or Springcreek!

Last edited:

I knew exactly what I was paying. Been to all their races in the last couple of years. Yes electric, flat parking , and water is great.
I am even OK with the camping fee. I was annoyed with the why though.
Let's just leave it at that.
Said it all along great people, great events, will be back even at 50 bucks a night. Not the issue.

Back