Process of starting a Motocross Track

If the land is in Kenton, Boone, or Campbell counties, you might want to make sure that you can use for a track or even ride on it. Especially if it is within one of the many incorporated city limits - for example the city of Union has acreage, time of use, and noise restrictions.

http://www.boonecountygis.com/ is a great resource for looking at land ownership, parcels sizes, zoning, and future land use planning.

I looked at 50 acres a couple of years ago in Boone County that had been used as a riding area but the previous owners ran into problems with the County. As these 3 counties develop more density, it is tougher to just ride much less open a track.

We have been in serious inquire of a 30 acre parcel in Dry Ridge, granted it's about 20 minutes from home but better than nothing. Its Ag 1 zoning so gotta petition to get it changed which isn't that bad.

Insurance - I have seen that K & K is probably the best bet for insurance. Has anyone had experience with them? Also withing a track what are some jobs/positions you think are necessary? I don't want to forget any..

I have seen and heard people ride in the WInter is this true? We are obviously new to snow.. (From San Diego,CA)

Yea we ride In the winter, we post on Pitracer what Thursday we are leaving. Scoob and I always say we are in, but then we are out. And then we see everyone's pictures from somewhere in the Deep South come the following Monday....

We have been in serious inquire of a 30 acre parcel in Dry Ridge, granted it's about 20 minutes from home but better than nothing. Its Ag 1 zoning so gotta petition to get it changed which isn't that bad.
I know of a track that used to be down that way. It was actually the owner of the old indoor track (now the horse arena) that they have at the Williamstown exit. He also had property on the east side of 25 a little further south of that exit. The track could have been really nice, and looked like it was going in that direction. Not sure what ever happened.

Yea we ride In the winter, we post on Pitracer what Thursday we are leaving. Scoob and I always say we are in, but then we are out. And then we see everyone's pictures from somewhere in the Deep South come the following Monday....

I’m going south as much as possible this winter. This place is straight up depressing in the winter months. Anyone ever has space for one more I’m in.

I am by no means an expert, but feel free to give me a call. I'll tell you everything nobody would tell me. Make a list of all your questions before you call or you can email them to me. I'd rather not reveal all of our secrets on Pitracer. There are a few Monday morning Mx promoter/track builder geniuses on here that are on the brink of exchanging their keyboard for a dozer and shutting down all the existing tracks.
As a matter of fact, your also welcome to come up in a few weeks to our Moto Mayhem race and join the team for the weekend. I think it would be a real eye opener to see behind the scenes. Jeremy Forcum 740-701-3675 or jeremy@chillitownmx.com

I am by no means an expert, but feel free to give me a call. I'll tell you everything nobody would tell me. Make a list of all your questions before you call or you can email them to me. I'd rather not reveal all of our secrets on Pitracer. There are a few Monday morning Mx promoter/track builder geniuses on here that are on the brink of exchanging their keyboard for a dozer and shutting down all the existing tracks.
As a matter of fact, your also welcome to come up in a few weeks to our Moto Mayhem race and join the team for the weekend. I think it would be a real eye opener to see behind the scenes. Jeremy Forcum 740-701-3675 or jeremy@chillitownmx.com
IMG_6943.JPG

/endthread

If your first name is Jeremy I think that poses an advantage as well.

Sweet! I just told Elijah and he'd love to go check it out! 760-793-7624 name is Elijah Swingrover. We will think of some questions and hit you up for sure. Thanks so much for the generosity!

Back