MX Acres

Sunday was my first trip to Mx Acres, enjoyed the track of defintly fun and everything is safe. The prep was questionable at first but seemed to smooth out later in the day

Two different videos from Sunday

Agree with the track is too narrow. 2 feet of line3 feet of discedup muck and mess. Could b so much more.

Hudak hit it on the head. The track is 18-25 feet wide. I rip it 18-20 inches deep. I can't help it if everyone plays follow the leader for 5 hours and only use 2-3 feet of the track.I try to think outside of the box, so how about some of you try riding outside the main line.

Last edited:
Good point.Most people think that it is ripped too deep, hence ruts where it is watered and powder where it isn't. Ripping deep might work at a national where there might b 100 plus bikes on the track. Not ripping on the track,nice layout, but everyone I talk to about the track mostly say the same thing.

Hudak hit it on the head. The track is 18-25 feet wide. I rip it 18-20 inches deep. I can't help it if everyone plays follow the leader for 5 hours and only use 2-3 feet of the track.I try to think outside of the box, so how about some of you try riding outside the main line.
People don't wanna get there bikes dirty.

This is a problem that is everywbere. You let squirmy squidleys out on the track and they cut crap lines. Then never cut another. When A riders get a fresh track the track usually gets run in well. But you can't make people go outside and inside and get their bike dirty.....and you can't really police who goes out first and what skill level they are either.

Of course it's gets dry and marbled out if everyone refuses to ride on different parts of the track after the prep. 300-500 riders on race day make this problem non existent. If it's practice you gotta expect it, but it's still a track. And it's still prepped.

Even if the track was narrow, which it's not, does it really matter for practice? Man, anymore people just want everything handed to them perfectly on a golden platter. No one is happy unless they are unhappy.

JUST IN GENERAL... so don't get upset.
But if a track is single line that should be telling you something. That is the fast line or easiest way around. If you want to promote multiple lines then the track has to be constructed with that in mind. A single corner may be 100 feet wide but if the inside is the fastest way around, then no one will use the outer 99 feet UNLESS there is something out there, like a berm. Inside half jumps or whatever you want to call them, are a great way to "suggest" a different line. Walk the track after an event (practice or race). if a corner has one line, then think about what is before it and after it. Fast straight into a 180 and its only one line? then built a hump on the inside and/or a berm on the outside and see if the line changes the next event.

Yes, most guys play follow the leader. Even if its not the best line. But as Georgie said. this is not the way A or pro's ride. They are not afraid to cut new lines. (That's why they are fast).

A trick from back in the day was to put out hay bales in what you know will the "one line" for the first practice. Once that session is over, remove the bales and the riders will develop a new line there. BOOM, you now have two lines. When a rider comes up to complain that he cant pass on this cow path. Suggest he remove the blinders and try that pretty rut 3 feet away from where he goes every lap.

I thought the track looked pretty nice in the video. May need to make the trip up.

JUST IN GENERAL... so don't get upset.
But if a track is single line that should be telling you something. That is the fast line or easiest way around. If you want to promote multiple lines then the track has to be constructed with that in mind. A single corner may be 100 feet wide but if the inside is the fastest way around, then no one will use the outer 99 feet UNLESS there is something out there, like a berm. Inside half jumps or whatever you want to call them, are a great way to "suggest" a different line. Walk the track after an event (practice or race). if a corner has one line, then think about what is before it and after it. Fast straight into a 180 and its only one line? then built a hump on the inside and/or a berm on the outside and see if the line changes the next event.

Yes, most guys play follow the leader. Even if its not the best line. But as Georgie said. this is not the way A or pro's ride. They are not afraid to cut new lines. (That's why they are fast).

A trick from back in the day was to put out hay bales in what you know will the "one line" for the first practice. Once that session is over, remove the bales and the riders will develop a new line there. BOOM, you now have two lines. When a rider comes up to complain that he cant pass on this cow path. Suggest he remove the blinders and try that pretty rut 3 feet away from where he goes every lap.

I thought the track looked pretty nice in the video. May need to make the trip up.
I agree with the hay bales it would ne nice to see that on race day once in awhile the ama used to do that at every national then second round they were moved

I've seen this all too often. Beans for example on my first ride back a month ago... we got there towards the end of the day expecting many lines and such, not the case at all... pretty much was 1 inside line and 1 outside... now idk about y'all, but I like having options. My brother and I started about 3-4 different lines through the corners and once we had them in others started to take them. If I have to get my bike dirty to have an epic rut I can just lay it over and rail than do be it... regardless the bike is getting cleaned whether it's dusty or caked with mud. Stop being pussies and hit a nice fresh ripped area and make motocross tracks rutty again.

I agree with the hay bales it would ne nice to see that on race day once in awhile the ama used to do that at every national then second round they were moved
For this to be implemented correctly you need staff that realize the importance of this. It's hard to staff flatters that could move bales effectively.

I've done this at tvland during practice when I run the gate in the morning. And you get riders that stop and complain. (Mostly newer riders) "hey you need to move those tires" .....no genius I'm doing it so you guys don't go single file. People dont stay in the sport long enough anymore.

For this to be implemented correctly you need staff that realize the importance of this. It's hard to staff flatters that could move bales effectively.

I've done this at tvland during practice when I run the gate in the morning. And you get riders that stop and complain. (Mostly newer riders) "hey you need to move those tires" .....no genius I'm doing it so you guys don't go single file. People dont stay in the sport long enough anymore.
Pandering to newbs and or short timers has gotten us to where we are. You can fix stupid. or bow to it.
If they complain, reach across the bars and rip the key out of the ignition and toss it in the high grass. That will fix them.

Back