2017 CTMX Halloween Moto Mayhem Oct 21-22

Chilli Town MX

PR Addict
Its October and its time to start making plans for the biggest Halloween bash around! October 21-22 CTMX will be hopping once again with the sights and sounds of Halloween shenanigans.

One of the most notable things to mentions for this years event is we are bringing in additional sanctioning of the Race Ohio crowd. Our hopes is that this will bring together two great groups of racers. With combining the two sanctions we will be adding some classes to accommodate both series. In order to fit everything in within the two days of racing we have decided to make a few changes to our format.

Saturday we will run Open Practice from 8am-2pm.

The Saturday evening race program will start at 2pm immediately after open practice. We will have normal race practice for the evening race program like always with two full motos of racing to follow.

***All ATV classes as well as PW50 Shaft Drive, 50 Open, 65 Open and 80 Extra will race Saturday evening***

Other activities planned for the weekend:
LIVE Band
Camper to camper trick or treating
Costume contest
Pumpkin Decorating Contest
3rd Annual Chili Cook Off
Best Camper/Pit Decor Contest
Wounded Warrior Project Kobelco Excavator on display

Please keep checking back as more details develop.

Copy of HALLOWEEN (5).jpg

22093685_10101519821813341_836771204_n.jpg

Well, since my meniscus in my right knee is scheduled for surgery October 30, it's unlikely I would ride although it is feeling well enough for me to walk pretty much normal now...however, this may be a cool party to just hang out at. Will there be the Strider course? Spencer is kicking it pretty well on his Strider and that might keep him entertained for some time.

Ride or not, I am thinking about it...

Well, since my meniscus in my right knee is scheduled for surgery October 30, it's unlikely I would ride although it is feeling well enough for me to walk pretty much normal now...however, this may be a cool party to just hang out at. Will there be the Strider course? Spencer is kicking it pretty well on his Strider and that might keep him entertained for some time.

Ride or not, I am thinking about it...
Yes, we will have strider races and we have some cool new awards for this race too! Strider races both days.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

What is the verdict on double sanction pricing, pit bike racing and how many extra classes are there? Your last Sunday race was way too long to make me ever come back, so help me out.
OMA is going to discount memberships to $10 for this event but we are going to do an additional discount and take it down to $5. The Race Ohio membership is typically $20 but they are discounting it to $5 as well. By purchasing these memberships you will receive $10 in Rocky Mountain ATV/MC Race Gas bucks for the OMA membership and you will receive a $10 gift card from Middletown Cycle for your Race Ohio membership.

So if you don't have either membership it will cost you $10 on race day and you will receive $20 back in gift cards so you actually make money on the deal.

Please keep in mind you will get $10 in Rocky Mountain ATV/MC Race Gas bucks for signing up for a class too.

We will not be having any pit bike racing at the Halloween Moto Mayhem Event.

I will assume when you are asking about "extra classes" you are talking about classes we will be offering outside of the normal OMA class list. Those will be 25+A, 30+A, Girls 11-16, Schoolboy 1 and 80 Open. Most of the added classes will likely be double gated with other classes. We also made the move to pull 50 Open, 65 Open and 80 Open to the Saturday evening race program with the Quads and PW50 class to help spread the load.

For our events its getting harder and harder to accommodate all the classes and complete racing in the "normal" time frame. Everyone wants big gates, awesome track conditions and well ran programs but when you try to fit 700+ riders into a two day event with a full open practice day it makes it extremely challenging. We will make every effort to insure our riders and spectators get the full CTMX experience. We realize that moving things around and adapting the normal formatting may not be favorable with everyone but we feel its the best way to go with fighting the shorter daylight hours.

We will have a full event schedule posted early this week that will have all the times and such. We are also looking at possibly adding some fun activities on Friday evening as well so stay tuned for more details.

Please remember that OMA points are only paid in OMA classes. Plus 25A, Plus 30A, 85 Open, Schoolboy 1, Schoolboy 2 even though similar, are not OMA classes. If you are wanting OMA points, please be sure you are careful in choosing. Thanks!

OMA is going to discount memberships to $10 for this event but we are going to do an additional discount and take it down to $5. The Race Ohio membership is typically $20 but they are discounting it to $5 as well. By purchasing these memberships you will receive $10 in Rocky Mountain ATV/MC Race Gas bucks for the OMA membership and you will receive a $10 gift card from Middletown Cycle for your Race Ohio membership.

So if you don't have either membership it will cost you $10 on race day and you will receive $20 back in gift cards so you actually make money on the deal.

Please keep in mind you will get $10 in Rocky Mountain ATV/MC Race Gas bucks for signing up for a class too.

We will not be having any pit bike racing at the Halloween Moto Mayhem Event.

I will assume when you are asking about "extra classes" you are talking about classes we will be offering outside of the normal OMA class list. Those will be 25+A, 30+A, Girls 11-16, Schoolboy 1 and 80 Open. Most of the added classes will likely be double gated with other classes. We also made the move to pull 50 Open, 65 Open and 80 Open to the Saturday evening race program with the Quads and PW50 class to help spread the load.

For our events its getting harder and harder to accommodate all the classes and complete racing in the "normal" time frame. Everyone wants big gates, awesome track conditions and well ran programs but when you try to fit 700+ riders into a two day event with a full open practice day it makes it extremely challenging. We will make every effort to insure our riders and spectators get the full CTMX experience. We realize that moving things around and adapting the normal formatting may not be favorable with everyone but we feel its the best way to go with fighting the shorter daylight hours.

We will have a full event schedule posted early this week that will have all the times and such. We are also looking at possibly adding some fun activities on Friday evening as well so stay tuned for more details.
Sad to hear no pit bike race. It's a great race to watch.

Is 25A and 30A a popularly requested class?
No. Usually 1 or 2 riders. But all the 30+ guys complained about OMA not having an A class for the battle and having to race some fast 30+ guy.

Honestly, all the extra classes are not needed. The only class I agree with (and bang on me if you wish, because my son rides it), is the school boy 1 class. OMA just runs schoolboy with 250Fs allowed in the class. I prefer schoolboy 1 (100-150 2 strokes) because it promotes kids going to a 125 from an 85 before getting on 250F. Also for big kids like my son, at 12 years old, gives him a class to run against other 125s. I think we should encourage kids to use 125s as a stepping stone to big bikes. With the new age 14 rule for 250fs, even more reason to have the schoolboy 1 class. Personally, I would eliminate schoolboy 2.

Yes, we will have strider races and we have some cool new awards for this race too! Strider races both days.

We wouldn't get there until in the afternoon on Saturday. Is the Strider course open all times? I'm not even sure he'll get on it, but thinking he'll dig it once he has time to process it...

Too bad I couldn't renew my OMA for $5... :)

Look at me...all worried about anything, but the actual racing. ;)

John the 125 class covers this.....doesn't it ? Basically same as schoolboy 1. Just expands the age and allows bigger supermini riders to join in on the competition and allows old farts to try to and feel young again.

We wouldn't get there until in the afternoon on Saturday. Is the Strider course open all times? I'm not even sure he'll get on it, but thinking he'll dig it once he has time to process it...

Too bad I couldn't renew my OMA for $5... :)

Look at me...all worried about anything, but the actual racing. ;)
Yes, strider course will be open

Back