2017 CTMX Halloween Moto Mayhem Oct 21-22

No. Usually 1 or 2 riders. But all the 30+ guys complained about OMA not having an A class for the battle and having to race some fast 30+ guy.

Honestly, all the extra classes are not needed. The only class I agree with (and bang on me if you wish, because my son rides it), is the school boy 1 class. OMA just runs schoolboy with 250Fs allowed in the class. I prefer schoolboy 1 (100-150 2 strokes) because it promotes kids going to a 125 from an 85 before getting on 250F. Also for big kids like my son, at 12 years old, gives him a class to run against other 125s. I think we should encourage kids to use 125s as a stepping stone to big bikes. With the new age 14 rule for 250fs, even more reason to have the schoolboy 1 class. Personally, I would eliminate schoolboy 2.

THE PARENT IS THE ONE TO BLAME FOR BUYING A KID A 250F INSTEAD OF A 125!!!! I watch plenty of kids beat 250F's on a 125 so theres no excuse for it. Heres a prime example for ya, Jonathan Lilly or Trevor Maley. Also like Georgie said, they have a 125 class.

John the 125 class covers this.....doesn't it ? Basically same as schoolboy 1. Just expands the age and allows bigger supermini riders to join in on the competition and allows old farts to try to and feel young again.
No. Not in my opinion. The school boy 1 class is for kids. Not for an 18 - 30 year old A rider and some of them run that class.

THE PARENT IS THE ONE TO BLAME FOR BUYING A KID A 250F INSTEAD OF A 125!!!! I watch plenty of kids beat 250F's on a 125 so theres no excuse for it. Heres a prime example for ya, Jonathan Lilly or Trevor Maley. Also like Georgie said, they have a 125 class.
My son does it on a regular basis. Gets killed off the gate and comes through the pack. Luckily, he finally turned 14 and we got him a 250F for the 250 class.

"NO PRO RIDERS" in the 125 class..... there aren't that many vet riders that line up anyway. It's usually Jeff pape consistently on a bone stock yz125....not many vets run that class. So what's the point of adding another to our local moto scene ? I just don't get it. Apparently there aren't enough kids to fill the gate either. Otherwise there would be qualifiers for the main gate and old guys would be taking a gate away from a kid. Which they aren't doing...so, still not sure why the 125 class isn't enough?

Adding 4 classes. Let's say that adds 8 minutes to the day. That's 32 minutes added to the program moto 1. 64 minutes total in the day. An entire hour..... glad they're staggered!

Yep, bummed here too. 44 last race, most entertaining of the weekend. No drama, no parents bitching, just all ages having moto fun but yet trying to win. Going to miss the fun Saturday eve program, all business now.
We have a lot going on Saturday. Trick or treating, costume contest, best pumpkin contest, best camper/pit decor contest, chili cook off, LIVE Band, Red Bull Straight Rhythm on the big screen, Strider Racing and I'm sure there will be other shenanigans going on. There is a good possibility that we will be adding a fun class on Friday evening if we can find the staff to man it.

So I wouldn't say we are "all business now".

No. Not in my opinion. The school boy 1 class is for kids. Not for an 18 - 30 year old A rider and some of them run that class.

So your kid will get faster running against faster guys. Lets be honest your kid is like the rest of us chasing a plastic trophy and having fun. So what if he doesnt earn a plastic trophy every race, unless your a liberal and think everyone deserves an award (just kidding)

Its already that bad, there are 34 bike classes now. When did this sport get here?
OMA offers 27 bike classes. With the combining OMA and Race Ohio for this event we will add the classes they offer that are different. Their 50cc oil injected class isn't a PW50 only class like OMA so we are offering it as a separate class but will be double gated with the PW50 class Saturday. Race Ohio also offers 30+A and 25+A which will also be double gated with the 25+ and 30+. The other classes that Race Ohio offers that will likely be gated alone will be Schoolboy 1 and 80 Open. The girls class we will likely be able to gate with something else as well.

So all in all we feel like there won't be much impact from taking on the few extra classes.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

OMA offers 27 bike classes. With the combining OMA and Race Ohio for this event we will add the classes they offer that are different. Their 50cc oil injected class isn't a PW50 only class like OMA so we are offering it as a separate class but will be double gated with the PW50 class Saturday. Race Ohio also offers 30+A and 25+A which will also be double gated with the 25+ and 30+. The other classes that Race Ohio offers that will likely be gated alone will be Schoolboy 1 and 80 Open. The girls class we will likely be able to gate with something else as well.

So all in all we feel like there won't be much impact from taking on the few extra classes.

I wasnt singling your venue out, just MX in general.

Ok, I just wanted to clarify. I saw where you commented on 34 classes on our Facebook page too.

Yeah, I guess its rare to see an entire class listing for me. It just hit home then , I know its not an overnight thing that you created yourself.

We have invited the folks from MX Connect to come set up at CTMX next weekend. Please take a moment to check them out and sign up for track information updates. We will also use this feature to help keep our racers up to date with event information. www.gomxconnect.com

screenshot-rider-ver1.jpg

How about asking people to dig out there Go-pro's and charge them up so that there could be a lot of video coverage of all the racing and practice's, every class, from little guys to the vets. Just a thought, I love seeing the racing from the video's taken during the action. If there would be a lot of the camera's out there for every race it could be used to promote the whole event, even record while riding in the pits (all the pit riding)...LOL, Just kidding. But seriously, some of these races can be edited together, to put some really cool edits out there.

Back