Kid race nutrition

Yea. Beef. It's what for dinner.

And not the stuff in the box that comes from the grocery store, good local farm raised beef. :D

If you need me to bring you some this weekend, let me know......

Last edited:
I know this is kid nutrition. But what about VET Nutrition. I keep telling my wife that Coors Light has wheat, barley and water in it.......surely it has to be good for my nutrition. I keep drinking it hoping for good results, I am not a quitter.

Eating healthy? Lean meats.. chicken, turkey ( ground ) fish ( salmon, tilapia ) eggs, egg whites, Greek yogurt..

Complex carbs for energy.. Oatmeal, brown rice, quinoa, sweet potatoes, beans, peas and fresh vegetable, I eat a lot of asparagus since I hate most veggies.

Stay away from those protein powders 99.9 percent of it is garbage. If on the go and you must have a shake. Make your own shake.

Liquid egg whites
Plain oatmeal
Natural peanut butter
Mix with either water or almond milk.

Nothing is better then real food. I do use BCAAs but I don’t think it’s really necessary for mx training and overall health.

Water.. lots and lots of water shoot for at least a half gallon a day . This is a decent guideline. There are plenty of macro counters on the net that will give your son a baseline.
I have to disagree about protein powder, even though that wasnt what I was talking about when i said get protein. I have had great results using protein powder, I feel less sore the next few days, and I notice better retention of muscle mass. Eggs and Chicken are really great though I would even recommend them over powder for sure but if you want to get protein without having to eat a ton then its great.

Yea. Beef. It's what for dinner.

And not the stuff in the box that comes from the grocery store, good local farm raised beef. :D

If you need me to bring you some this weekend, let me know......
You keep your meat away from me!!! Ha ha.

Bring some filets I will cook em.

If you REALLY want some nutrition tips and advice, go to the PRO in MX. She helps all the clients at CLUB MX, and her resume is endless and many of her athletes fill the box at the national.

You guys are on the right track, but you need lots of fats and protein to go with that diet and the muscle goes on and the fat goes off.

Here is her Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/mxsportsnutrition/

Her website: https://debrameszaros.com/

Essentially what I stated lol

If you REALLY want some nutrition tips and advice, go to the PRO in MX. She helps all the clients at CLUB MX, and her resume is endless and many of her athletes fill the box at the national.

You guys are on the right track, but you need lots of fats and protein to go with that diet and the muscle goes on and the fat goes off.

Here is her Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/mxsportsnutrition/

Her website: https://debrameszaros.com/
Chicken McNuggets? Ha ha

I didn’t read through all these and my kid is no moto hero. He is however a stellar ball sports athlete, travel basketball and baseball, football, and looking forward to track and field as he is in the 7th grade and it’s available now. I don’t inflict a lot of control but the kid doesn’t drink pop or eat too much junk. His routine on serious game days- in bed by 830 night before, egg whites omelet, chicken and veggie alittle salsa, fruit, possibly peanut butter toast, water- snacks all day wheat bread peanut butter sandwich, bananas, sometimes bananas and peanut butter Gatorade after the first half/game or 30 minutes of work. Usually water the rest of the day, after the activity it’s usually skittles and a burger chased by a propel water-(kid has a kiwi strawberry addiction) he’s 13- 5’7” and 115lbs soaking wet belly full.

All great info, thanks for all the posts. We are doing Whitecrafts Saturday and Sunday and I know he will be tired on the ride home Sunday night! I just want to give him the right stuff. We were already on the right path, but some of the portion ideas are great.
See u there... hydrate him now Sat gonna be 80’s..

Nope.

I consider myself lucky if I get the boss to make me an egg sammich...
No fair you brought a little snack for the two big dogs next door! Ha ha.
Poor little dog scared out of his mind!
Good times. Thanks for your help digging nick out of the mudd!

Back