Hoosier Tires

Vet261

PR Addict
Alright, so Hoosier is starting to stake out a bigger market here in MX. Who has tried them?

Some things that appeal to me:
1) Made in USA
2) rears are 2 lbs lighter than Dunlops. Fronts are 1 lb lighter. So you could save 3 lbs on your bike just by changing tires! (and I think bridgestones are heavier than dunlops...)

Who's got'em?

Meister

PR Founding Father
I'm interested too. Delbalso was running them I noticed but I didn't get a chance to ask about them.

Jack Bierbower

PR Addict
ImageUploadedByPitRacer1559600017.192514.jpg

The good

Performance - hands down best I have used. Vs. Starcross V’s and Dunlop MX33 & MX52’s

Front always planted, super light (I can run a 110 on my 250f), performs great in mud.

New rider support program - Hoosier Roost Factory ($105ish per tire)

The not so good

Got mine in April, as you can see they’re now in the boneyard.

Now that’s every weekend riding from Michigan Sand to Ohio Clay...so take it for what you will. 15 ish hours - lost their real edge around 10 hours.

Retail is like $125

Pay for copy cat spec tires expect copy cat performance AND longevity.

Sent from my iPhone using PitRacer mobile app

DelBalso28

PR Addict
They work great. Even once they wear they still hook up good enough to keep on running em, I think that’s also where they shine on top of how great they perform when new.
I can get more races out of a set of these than I do a set of Dunlop’s, even though they appear to be more worn.

They’re very pricey at retail. You can find em for $105 shipped online though. Some races may even have bigger discounts, I got my first one at Loretta’s last year for $75. Hoping to stock up on a deal like that this year.

Price aside, they are my tire of choice, with dunlop mx33s being 2nd choice. With that being said, I do have to race on a budget and I will only mount a fresh set for a real important race like regionals or Loretta’s. Local racing I’ll use mx33s or a worn set of Hoosiers.

I’ve ran the mx20 and 25 rears, and the mx30 front.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
He likes any brand with OO in them. Theyre tits.

hOOters
hOOsier

His favorite jumps are bOOters.

Favorite Bmx tricks:
lOOkback
sOOperman
alleyOOp
180 fOOtjam to fakie
One fOOt
No fOOt
No fOOted can-can
CrossfOOt