ALTA Redshift Price Drop.

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
1532961863531.jpg

The E- Harley is out -

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
Soooo - let’s open this one back up.
A bunch have ridden an Alta now - thanks Jeff and AES.

I totally dig it. If they took ice bikes away right now, I’d be ok with riding e-bikes.

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
Bernard was ripping on it - everyone standing on the fence was like- ohh, he just hucked both jumps on the first lap!!!

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
I will say that an ice bike would never have made it through the demo as well as the Altas. I saw them on the ground many times. I crashed mine.

The radiators on an ice bike would’ve been so twisted up that halfway through the day they would’ve had to call the demo

Vet261

PR Addict
Thanks to AES for bringing 2 bikes out to demo.

THEY ARE AWESOME. I would EASILY be quicker on the Alta than on my RMZ.

When you first take off you are expecting all this weird stuff to happen....but it doesn't. It just goes just like any other bike does, but silent, no clutch, no shifting, no stalling in the turns, just go.

Honestly, for old slow guys like me, or beginners, these things are the absolute hot setup. That doesn't mean they are NOT good for others, I just can see immediately for vets and novices how much easier to ride they are. If they made a slightly smaller sized model I would probably buy one right away for the Mrs. She would LOVE it.

I was washing my RMZ Sunday and just looking at it and thinking how much of a waste it is having all the stuff on there like valves, exhaust, airbox, etc.

I could totally see me owning one of these in the next couple years! Everyone is all hung up on the Big 6 bikes having electric start --- really they need to be working on ELECTRIC bikes.

Last edited:

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
Both Pit & DD looked like they were smooth on it.
DD did starts - how was it on the start??

Last edited:

hershey

PR Elite
And you do things for pussy you’d never do for another dude- doh

OUCH , Double burn!

Anyone who didnt test ride one of those bikes made a big mistake! All you had to do was hang out at the Alta tent and watch the guys coming back in from the ride....the faces tell the story!! That bike is AMAZING. I will own one in a couple years also. Remember the 4 stroke invasion? This revolution is going to do the exact same thing....5- 7 years Im betting 80% of bikes will be electric. Once the big 5 get into it the game will change.

I still want a clutch....not in the conventional sense, but to modulate the power easier instead of using the throttle so much. The rep there said they are working on it actually. Another option is having both brakes on the handle bars too, not sure Id like that so much.

I think if Id had more than 2 laps to get used to the bike I would have tried shifting between maps coming into the corners and out. If they changed the map button a bit you could easily shift maps just like shifting your bike now. Map 2 was get in the corners and exiting but 3 was better for everything else. I didnt get into map 4.

Another huge shout out to the guys at AES for bringing the demos to Davefest this year!! You made a lot of believers this past sat.

MxFreedom33

PR Elite
I’ll take you guys seriously on these things when you put your money where your mouth is and spend your own hard earned money on them. Lots of talk, but that’s cheap. No ones actually spent money on one yet. So there’s that. I just hate seeing moto keep getting more and more expensive and this opens a new door to drive the prices up even more.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
I’ll take you guys seriously on these things when you put your money where your mouth is and spend your own hard earned money on them. Lots of talk, but that’s cheap. No ones actually spent money on one yet. So there’s that. I just hate seeing moto keep getting more and more expensive and this opens a new door to drive the prices up even more.
They’ll spend the money..... when these old guys get excited about something they go out and get these weird bikes and then it turns out theyre not so weird at all

They Sound interesting.