any update on OIR

OIR had the best gate back in the day, wood forward falling monster. I agree with George, OIR is a great classic mx track layout.

I would think OIR is done. Part of the grandfather clausse stated if they didnt have an event within 2 years of the last one they lost the ability to run the track. Its been more than 2 years.

In all honesty my favorite OIR was early 90's. It was long, always different and used so much of the back property that hasnt been since. But, like it was said earlier, it may just be nostalgia making it great again.

I rode there for the pro day in 14... was muddy rough and rutted and i loved it. Time before that it was straight dust. I’m sorry but oir just isn’t a track i would drive 3 hours for again

Who ran it in like 2000-2004. was great back then too.
Hand promotions. Lease wasn’t renewed to them. New owners tried to take it over. Couldn’t handle it. Drove it into the ground. Rogers took it over during a year of rain every race. And so that combo pretty much killed it. The guys that ran it after that did a really good job but back issues put a strain on it. You don’t miss it until it’s gone. But when hands ran it the damn pits and infield were groomed like a freakin golf course and prep was top of the game. Last hand event that I announced I took a couple laps at the end of the day and there were 5-10 ruts in every corner with huge breaking bumps. Makes ya sick thinking about what it was. Attention to detail at its finest.

Yep. Even if d12 had a kames superseries race you were skipping it to race at OIR! And if it was pro day you didn’t care when it was in the race order you were shoulder to shoulder in every square inch of fence on the front of the property to catch the start and race.

I would say that post was directed at you there Dick 250.

Someone sent me a photo of you BJ. BTW, are the rumors true why they call you BJ?

BJ.jpg

Back