Shoei Helmet

John250

PR Founding Father
shoei-vfx-evo-glaive-helmet-tc2jpg.jpg
Arai.jpg

Was looking at the new Shoei helmets. I am not a fan at all. I used to wear Shoei before I switched to Arai about 10 years ago. Just too many edges on this helmet and don't care for the visor. $719 also. Makes my new Arai seem like a bargin that I got for $600.

Imo, there's no better looking helmet than a shoei. Even their new model. This opinion is based on shape and such, not artwork.

Helmet's purpose is to protect your head, so looks is second to protection. I personally prefer the technology behind 6D helmets and stopped wearing my Arai and Shoei.

I prefer the more rounded shapes also. In all of the helmet "training" classes I have sat through I have noted the last thing you want is a bunch of edges slowing or stopping your momentum during a roll/crash. I do like the graphics on the new Shoei helmets.

My arais after swapping cheek pads for my face are by far the most comfortable helmet I've ever worn.

I got the Shoei and I love it. Fits and feels like any other shoei ive had and I dig that they've updated their technology to continue being competitive with the newer helmets on the market. More vents throughout the helmet including a larger mouthpiece vent. Also doesn't look like it belongs in 1998 like the Arais which is a plus.
Retail is $540, +$180 if you want cool graphics. However my main sponsor eBay has solids for 450 and some graphic models as cheap as 580.

Last edited:
Back