Shoei Helmet

John250

PR Founding Father
shoei-vfx-evo-glaive-helmet-tc2jpg.jpg
Arai.jpg

Was looking at the new Shoei helmets. I am not a fan at all. I used to wear Shoei before I switched to Arai about 10 years ago. Just too many edges on this helmet and don't care for the visor. $719 also. Makes my new Arai seem like a bargin that I got for $600.

Meister

PR Founding Father
Imo, there's no better looking helmet than a shoei. Even their new model. This opinion is based on shape and such, not artwork.

mooch

PR Elite
Helmet's purpose is to protect your head, so looks is second to protection. I personally prefer the technology behind 6D helmets and stopped wearing my Arai and Shoei.

Mandy Boorom

PR Member
I prefer the more rounded shapes also. In all of the helmet "training" classes I have sat through I have noted the last thing you want is a bunch of edges slowing or stopping your momentum during a roll/crash. I do like the graphics on the new Shoei helmets.

John250

PR Founding Father
My arais after swapping cheek pads for my face are by far the most comfortable helmet I've ever worn.

DelBalso28

PR Addict
I got the Shoei and I love it. Fits and feels like any other shoei ive had and I dig that they've updated their technology to continue being competitive with the newer helmets on the market. More vents throughout the helmet including a larger mouthpiece vent. Also doesn't look like it belongs in 1998 like the Arais which is a plus.
Retail is $540, +$180 if you want cool graphics. However my main sponsor eBay has solids for 450 and some graphic models as cheap as 580.

Last edited: