I take a few months off... man, you guys are boring....or gay jet ski thread

k01

PR Elite
Do they still have local races for jet ski's? The last one I saw was in Port Clintonish (lake Erie) probably 15 to 20 years ago.
I raced in the harbor at Port Clinton a few times but that was more than twenty years ago. As far as I know, no local races.

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
Do they still have local races for jet ski's? The last one I saw was in Port Clintonish (lake Erie) probably 15 to 20 years ago.

Freestyle is where the standups hang out now.

"jet skis" have evolved into 4 stroke - 4 cylinder, fuel injected, turbo-supercharged, nitro infused boats - with handlebars.
In the racing world - it's all about those barges now.
People throw Big money in those barges

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
kawasaki-jet-ski-sx--42_800x0w.jpg

They cram this into a stand up ???
Yeah - no....

John250

PR Founding Father
Anybody ever race dirt country on a ski during the day and the motocross on Saturday night in the late 80s and early 90s? I know Buster Gray and John Wheeler are probably the only two I can remember.

RocketRobin

PR Founding Father
I have one of those 4 cylinder 1800cc Supercharged Barges with handlebars on it, and it's pretty fun on it's own, I don't think I'd actually want to race it against other things like that on a course, it would be very dangerous they are so fast and powerful. I mostly use the power to propel people up in the air on the Flyboard, and that is a ton of fun. I had Rocky River High School hockey players doing it yesterday and they all had a blast.

Racing Jet Skis was a lot of fun in the WaveBlaster days.

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
Fun - for sure ....
A Rough
day on the water yesterday
Prep was lacking, circuit got chopped up. Main line was brutally rough.
Could find a few smoother lines around the outsides if ya looked for em.
Good turnout - got a late start.
Riders meeting was held up because of - "sleeping in" ?????
Ah - yes....the dog days of summer....

Lakota837

PR Member
For those of you on Jet Ski's looking for something to do/Race. Check out the Erie Shore Wave Runners on Facebook or website www.erieshorewaverunners.com/jetskirace as they are hosting the first ever Vermilion Harbor Jet Ski Invitational on Sept. 14th.

They say the event will consist of two style of races:
Single ski speed test runs and a 5 mile off shore "Down and Back."