I take a few months off... man, you guys are boring....or gay jet ski thread

RocketRobin

PR Founding Father
This one looks interesting. A little wider and a flip down seat.

View attachment 59244

View attachment 59245

Dano, be a little wary of Sea Doo engines, especially those 2 stroke rotax versions, they work great when they are new, but they always seem to have problems and don't last near as long as the Japanese engines which are relatively straight forward and easy to rebuild if you are a Moto guy anyway. Plus, I've found that any Sea Doo that has been run in Salt water is worthless after that because there metal just melts apart in the salt water environment. Don't ever buy a Sea Doo that has been in Salt water, fresh water only for sure!

TwentyThreeMX

PR Founding Father
yeah those 3d's i've never heard great things about.. they aren't really good at anything, they are not good as a sit down and they are not good as a stand up. probably the most fun with a seat as the kart version!!!

ive gone through probably 5-6 seadoos and had problems with all of them. never problems with the kawis or seadoos. the stock fuel lines seadoo used on the older skis fall apart on the inside, turn into a green sludge and trash the carbs. if you get one that's had new fuel lines and a carb rebuilt you're much better off..otherwise plan on that being your first project because its not IF you need to.. its when.

Dano762

PR Addict
Thanks for the heads up. I have decided not look or buy it. Thinking a new Yamaha EX sport because my daughter will be using it when I am not down to the lake.

Sent from my iPhone using PitRacer mobile app

Meister

PR Founding Father
Man, what a freakin blast. I'm gonna pay for it the next few days. Shins, knees, arms are roached, and I'm already getting charlie horses in my hammys. Lol. After 1 year of not riding, I'm definitely out of shape again.

What a challenge those blasters were! Court has been nervous for days since I mentioned the invite. Get there, jumps up on a blaster, off she goes. With some coaching from Amanda, she was railin. I had alot of fun the short time I rode one, but I definitely had issues getting up on.

I wanted to focus on the stand ups and the X2. Ive ridden couch style skis, but never any of these wobbly natured beasts. The stand ups were easier for my fat ass to get going on, but the x2, while riding, seemed like the ticket.. I wouldn't doubt if I end up with a variety by next year. Lol

No blood shed, good learning experience for me and the wifey. I will say, my biggest pain from the day came when my "boys" we're placed to close to the water cannon on a stand up. Felt like a horse hit me with a swift kick. Lol

Thanks a ton, it was nice meeting a few of you and great seeing Moto family again.

freeh

PR Founding Father
So what time are people going tomorrow? I would love to come down and meet the group and maybe try out a few machines.

jfalat

PR Addict
Good time today hanging with everyone and riding water moto ..just about any type of ski u could want to ride was at your disposal today..Not sure I will make it tomorrow.. may have to switch back to moto tomorrow if I can walk. Definitely will be feeling...:)

freeh

PR Founding Father
Ok, cool! When you say water shoes, what exactly are you referring to? I will be getting back from a 2500 mile motorcycle ride today. Hopefully I can get down there in time

MX955

PitRacer Pro
20180902_145738.jpg
Classic Sharc pic from yesterday, what a fun day!!!

Last edited:

MxFreedom33

PR Elite
Thanks for the heads up. I have decided not look or buy it. Thinking a new Yamaha EX sport because my daughter will be using it when I am not down to the lake.

Sent from my iPhone using PitRacer mobile app

I have an ex sport .. awesome little ski!

Lotts24

PR Elite
Damn a wet suit in late August sharc?!?!?!?! You better go get a stress test and a ECG!!!!

The wetsuit has nothing to do with the temp outside. Your knees and shins get so banged up those things are a must. Allan and i will be joining him soon on the wetsuit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Team MMR

PR Addict
Man, what a freakin blast. I'm gonna pay for it the next few days. Shins, knees, arms are roached, and I'm already getting charlie horses in my hammys. Lol. After 1 year of not riding, I'm definitely out of shape again.

What a challenge those blasters were! Court has been nervous for days since I mentioned the invite. Get there, jumps up on a blaster, off she goes. With some coaching from Amanda, she was railin. I had alot of fun the short time I rode one, but I definitely had issues getting up on.

I wanted to focus on the stand ups and the X2. Ive ridden couch style skis, but never any of these wobbly natured beasts. The stand ups were easier for my fat ass to get going on, but the x2, while riding, seemed like the ticket.. I wouldn't doubt if I end up with a variety by next year. Lol

No blood shed, good learning experience for me and the wifey. I will say, my biggest pain from the day came when my "boys" we're placed to close to the water cannon on a stand up. Felt like a horse hit me with a swift kick. Lol

Thanks a ton, it was nice meeting a few of you and great seeing Moto family again.

Your welcome to ride the X2 again sometime. once you got up you were good. With a little practice you could be ripping around with no problems.

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
20180902_173804.jpg

I think my day would last twice as long if it wasn't for that erosion ledge.
And let's not even get started on the F'-n guardrail in the parking lot -

Great weekend - Very tired - a bit sunburnt -
Soooo many Awesome folks !!! Coming out of the woodwork from the past - Crazy

Hacking a video together - Show mercy

Last edited:

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father

Great to have you two out!
- Told ya ....Girls LOVE basters ----- by the end, Court was throwing that thing around.

LOL......You only forget about the boys once - maybe twice
A wet suit helps with that too ---

Hit us up again before the summer's over.