Mx classes

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
Sharky, this in a nut shell is why Ohio races suck at or even making it to LL. We are soft. 4 laps and we are spent BECAUSE that's all we race. Put them in a 20 + 2 moto and you can time them with a sundial.
No it's not. If your going to point fingers ---- certainly don't pass blame

Why is it the promoters job to get (a few) of us to LL? -
At the detriment of everyone else that's just there to have a good day at the races?

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
OIR had open ride for the first hour then 15 minute sessions.
4 classes to pick from.
3 big bike - one mini.
A (skilled) big bike rider could have ridden 3 of the four classes.
That's one hour in the A.M. then 45 min. of ride time every hour until 4:00 or 5:00

But that's an open ride - And you think they suck too ---

ck1racerx

PR Addict
No it's not. If your going to point fingers ---- certainly don't pass blame

Why is it the promoters job to get (a few) of us to LL? -
At the detriment of everyone else that's just there to have a good day at the races?
“Few” ??? Pull up the results from any local regional. There are a ton more that a few trying. And don’t give me that crap “I just like riding regionals for big gates”. No. On the way there people are hoping they qualify. On the way home they say they just went for fun.
Not sure where I was pointing fingers or passing blame. I lived that crap. Had plenty of speed. Hell of a pro National was two laps I would have been a factory rider. But they were NOT. Lap 1and 2 I’m battling with Ward and Stanton. 2 lap board goes out and I’m being lapped by the same two. Because I was not prepared for the length of the moto.
It’s not the promoters job. At all. But it could also benefit them as well. Less award. Less manpower since the day could be shorter. More riders wanting to try it and on and on.
Open your mind brother. Don’t be so stubborn and afraid of change

Ron505

PR Founding Father
So how about 3 - 2 lap Moto's? In a similar format to what was mentioned before. All 3 Moto's within a 2 hour span. C class national of the world?

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
I don’t know how many different ways I can say it.
If you believe that going around the race track for an extra two or three laps on a Sunday afternoon is what keeps anyone from going to LLynn’s then you’re grossly disconnected from the sport.

Go ahead give it a whirl.
I’ll never say don’t do it.
Post up your plans.

Just speaking what I think it’s going to look like.

Change is easy on someone else’s time & dollar.

hershey

PR Elite
I look at my lap times regularly when they are available. Except for this year, because I am out of shape, my fastest lap times are almost always at the end of the race. I crave longer motos and can say say for certainty that I've made a lot of last lap passes. And personally, when I'm in shape, I blaze the GP races at full mx pace. And my in shape isn't close to what many people are that really commit to this sport.

Sharc, if you believe that running longer race motos at the local level won't help some riders prepare for LL better. ..you.... are grossly disconnected from our sport! Anyone will tell you that practice laps don't equate to racing. Top level pro's talk about this after coming back from injury or a season off.

But for this race structure it's not even about moto length, I think people have gotten derailed. It's about having specific times for your races during the day, rolling into the track, practicing, running your motos and going home all in a few hours time. No spending 12 to 14 hours getting up, driving to the races , racing and driving back home.

It's trying to innovate and cater to a crowd that has complained that those long days don't work for them any more. And it does try to cater to those who want more seat time.

It has the possibility of a win win situation. 150 or so rider count at the Michigan race is no worse than a normal race any way. And for the first time trying, it seems like a good number to me.

MX099

PR Addict
At Pavilion MX in NY. all motos are by times. Big bikes get longer motos than minis. A class gets more time than C class. +50 runs 16 minute motos same as A classes. I’d say it works because I notice the gates are around 20 riders. I also notice a large number of Ohio racers making their way up there.

owndjoo

PR Member
Timed motos are definitely a good idea. I feel like we used to do this years ago. 10 min plus a lap. Helps keep the day going along and stays efficient. Something we did in car racing was separate the big cars and juniors. Race the kids in the morning, and then the big bikes after lunch. Provides a shorter day for the riders unless they want to ride in minis and big bikes. This also improves safety as you don’t have minis and big bikes rolling around the pits at the same time. We all know how pit riding can be.
Transponders definitely are nice. We use them in roadracing. Easy to track and post results and compare times, etc. not as expensive with moto as the speeds are much lower. If rfid is usable, then that would be even better/cheaper.

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
I look at my lap times regularly when they are available. Except for this year, because I am out of shape, my fastest lap times are almost always at the end of the race. I crave longer motos and can say say for certainty that I've made a lot of last lap passes. And personally, when I'm in shape, I blaze the GP races at full mx pace. And my in shape isn't close to what many people are that really commit to this sport.

Sharc, if you believe that running longer race motos at the local level won't help some riders prepare for LL better. ..you.... are grossly disconnected from our sport! Anyone will tell you that practice laps don't equate to racing. Top level pro's talk about this after coming back from injury or a season off.

But for this race structure it's not even about moto length, I think people have gotten derailed. It's about having specific times for your races during the day, rolling into the track, practicing, running your motos and going home all in a few hours time. No spending 12 to 14 hours getting up, driving to the races , racing and driving back home.

It's trying to innovate and cater to a crowd that has complained that those long days don't work for them any more. And it does try to cater to those who want more seat time.

It has the possibility of a win win situation. 150 or so rider count at the Michigan race is no worse than a normal race any way. And for the first time trying, it seems like a good number to me.

Did not read ---- bla bla bla ------ RUN IT -!!

RocketRobin

PR Founding Father
I hardly ever make it to any races anymore, just too many other things going on in my life. But I used to always run 3 classes when I was racing regularly to get that extra seat time during a race day. Even at the Regional Level, you still run short motos, it's only at Loretta Lynn's where the long motos finally come into play, and the first time you make it there, you are surprised how long 20 minutes plus 1 lap is. So GETTING to Loretta's isn't because we don't ride long motos, doing well at Loretta's might have to do with that. We don't get to Loretta's as a group, because it's hard to do and the serious people ride together and push each other to get faster. Whitcraft and Kilbarger are working with kids to get them up to the speed they need, there are more kids training and learning what it takes to be a "National" rider in the amateur ranks. It's not easy, and the amount of people that can make it is really small when you think about it....... 42 riders, less than 1 per state, add a few from Canada, and a few from other countries knowing they need to ride here to push themselves and you have to realize that you better be damn good if you think you are making the biggest race of the year.

I like the idea of a Hybrid long moto race, because I want seat time to train for Loretta's, so I ride 30 minute motos at open practice rather than race, with the guys that are doing the same as me and we have the same group that usually goes to Loretta's. Push each other, and help each other. It would be nice to get a long moto gate drop in before Loretta's in my opinion.

hershey

PR Elite
I hardly ever make it to any races anymore, just too many other things going on in my life. But I used to always run 3 classes when I was racing regularly to get that extra seat time during a race day. Even at the Regional Level, you still run short motos, it's only at Loretta Lynn's where the long motos finally come into play, and the first time you make it there, you are surprised how long 20 minutes plus 1 lap is. So GETTING to Loretta's isn't because we don't ride long motos, doing well at Loretta's might have to do with that. We don't get to Loretta's as a group, because it's hard to do and the serious people ride together and push each other to get faster. Whitcraft and Kilbarger are working with kids to get them up to the speed they need, there are more kids training and learning what it takes to be a "National" rider in the amateur ranks. It's not easy, and the amount of people that can make it is really small when you think about it....... 42 riders, less than 1 per state, add a few from Canada, and a few from other countries knowing they need to ride here to push themselves and you have to realize that you better be damn good if you think you are making the biggest race of the year.

I like the idea of a Hybrid long moto race, because I want seat time to train for Loretta's, so I ride 30 minute motos at open practice rather than race, with the guys that are doing the same as me and we have the same group that usually goes to Loretta's. Push each other, and help each other. It would be nice to get a long moto gate drop in before Loretta's in my opinion.

Blah Blah Blah ....didnt read .... just RUN it

Can I get a F--- YEAH??