Michigan Sprint Enduro Schedule

BTW, the event started with Riders meeting at 9:30am. Cross test opened at 10am, I think I went off at about 10:30 for my first run. I was totally done with all six runs for the day about 1:30pm.

Then go to Log Road Saturday to get setup....pit bikes, golf carts everywhere, crazy s**t going on all over, kids running wild, PA guy yelling at people riding pit bikes in the woods. Everyone crazy washing their bikes that have 2 practice laps on them. Massive start noise from all the 4 strokes at the start. Tire vendor has a line of people wanting fresh meat.
But, after so many decades of racing MX, I couldn't help myself as I drove through the packed place trying to park thinking to myself...."ahhhh, Daddy's home!"
Sound like a diff - but cool - vibe at the Sprints .....

That's exactly the format used for the US Sprint enduro series. Only difference is you start around 11:30 and be done around 4:30. They run all the mini classes in the morning before the big bikes. Its an adjustment from moto for sure but once you get dialed in and your bike tweaked its much more enjoyable. For me I did the first year on my 450. It was a handful. I now have a 300 two stroke TPI and like it much better for the offroad stuff. Suspension and tire pressure for me were game changers. Soft as you can stand it to soak up all the chop. There are very few jumps or big hits and ones I have done. Lower tire pressure makes a world of difference on roots rocks and off camber slippery ground.

I love the shorter day and less sitting in between riding sessions. As I get older its best for me to keep moving once I start. LOL . I get stiff if I sit around too long. I average an hour each day on my hour meter at the two day events.

Glad you enjoyed it. I'll have to make my way up to a Michigan round.

I now have a 300 two stroke

article-0-192E884600000578-433_964x604.jpg

a 300 /\ ....looking at the 450 like .....come' on dude??

giant-pigs-china-01.jpg
The 450......yeah, wait for me .....

Lower tire pressure makes a world of difference on roots rocks and off camber slippery ground.

What tire pressures were you running when you had a 19" wheel? I was thinking about that, but wasn't really sure what to set it to.

You can really see how brutal and rough this trail was, kid is bouncing everywhere. The rooted corner at like 12:18 was really tough, put me on the ground once and gave me fits the other two times.

Haha, he passes me at 13:24 in the vid. I remember pulling over on that log jump to let him by!

What tire pressures were you running when you had a 19" wheel? I was thinking about that, but wasn't really sure what to set it to.
I put heavy tubes in and a second rim lock and went down to 5 psi at the lowest. Between there and 8 psi seemed to work good in all applications. I was always concerned about getting a flat so I laced up my extra wheel with an 18 in rim later on and put tubeliss in it. It works good also but you have to keep an eye on the high pressure ring. I think I'm gonna put Nitromoose plush inserts in when I change tires. I like to confidence of having no l flats especially doing and endure or the 24 hour team race im doing.

I really wanted to get to more of the MI sprint enduros but never was able to.

I was looking forward to the Dutch Sport Park one, cross test looked pretty cool.

Back