First Dirt Bike

Ron505

PR Founding Father
k01, You didn't happen to buy that Plymouth Arrow used did you? We had one as well.

k01

PR Elite
Bought it new in 1979. Yamaha yellow, just had to be.

s-l400.jpg

k01

PR Elite
1974 Yamaha 125 MX. My dad traded an air compressor and $150 cash for it. Started an obsession that has lasted 45 years. Thanks Dad, Love you !
Cool! I was on a 1974 100 MX and a 125 MX with a 175 top end back in 1974. 100 and 200 displacement classes in the old days.

k01

PR Elite
My brother bought a Plymouth Turismo in 1979. I believe that was a pretty sad time for the Big 3 automobile manufacturers.
They sure produced a lot of junk.
The Sport Arrow was all Mitsubishi and their dirt bike themed ads were neat. Liked it so much my next mini truck was a 4WD Dodge D50.

NQ1965

PR Elite
When we moved out to the country, my newest neighborhood buddy, Terry was riding a Trail 70. Wasn't but a year or so later his Dad stepped him up to a KD100. Great little bike.

I was so jealous and envious. Terry's dad was never really a "hands-on" or garage type of guy, where as my father was. (but his dad loved motorcycles). But because there were three of us kids in my house, my parents were making me work and save up my money if I wanted a dirt bike. "Bastards!" Haha:D:D
But that being said, Terry abused and trashed most everything he got. He made a sport of it, haha. :D Him and I laugh at it all today.

1642437396520.png

Last edited:

John250

PR Founding Father
They made the denims with all four different manufactures names on them. I had a pair with Yamaha on them.