TENTATIVE LL's classes for 2022

Meister

PR Founding Father
Making mains? If you've held a pro card you should be out.
I don't necessarily agree with that Dave. They handed those things out in our day like candy at Halloween. You coulda had Peggy or Connie sign the document saying you were capable of holding a card, and YOU would've had it. I know several friends who bought there's just because the opportunity was there, not because they were capable of coming even close to making mains. Walk right on in to a national, and the pits, with credentials. The skill set required to make a main event far surpasses that of those who attempt and never make it. Personally, you're not pro until you make a main or night show at supercross. Till then, you're an A rider who holds a pro license trying to become pro. It's like some swift drivers have a CDL license, but aren't good drivers lol

Meister

PR Founding Father
Meister I like how you are trying to reason with people on Vital. HAHAHAHAHA.
My life was a lot better last year by not looking at Vital forums. I only got back on there to enter the Xmas drawings. I'm giving myself until 1/31 to look at the forums there and then I'm going back into avoidance mode.

There really is no answer for the LL Vet classes other than what they have setup recently with some being sportsman and others open.

If you have Vet B/C, then you really need Vet A also or you hose a ton of people. Also Vet B/C is nearly impossible to police.

I like one idea that I saw posted somewhere:

Rotate the sportsman designation around each year. They sort of have been doing this but not officially.
For example, one year 30 and 45 are sportsman, 40 and 50 are open (like 2022). Then another year 30 and 45 are open, 40 and 50 are sportsman. Etc.
I just have fun over there. Some ex pro is gonna read something I wrote and t bone the s**t outa me lol..

There's a few potential ideas that would legit keep merit in the "amature" national slogan. I'm sure you've read mine. First thing, sportsman needs refinded because it's fn stupid. Sportsman needs to ditch PROS period, not A riders, and I'd stfu.. lol

Who are we kidding tho.. Lorettas is not about Amateur life and never will be again.. LoReTtAs IsNt AbOuT tHaT as they say. You should hate your life and be on the edge of death to be racing there. Bullshit is what I say. The day I'm not having fun, I sell my over priced dirt bike and spend that money on something else fun. I wasn't having fun or feeling safe at one of the last races I rode this year, so I loaded up after my first moto. Mainly due to vision issues, but I (and all of you guys) don't have to do this stuff for anyone but ourselves.

Meister

PR Founding Father
View attachment 74603

One of these guys is not like the others
One of these dudes just doesn't belong
Can you tell which guy is not like the others
By the time we finish our song?
Oh, you mean the guy getting paid to be a brand ambassador wearing clothing from a place that I guarantee write him a fat check?

I love that the 24 is ahead, regardless of CC's. Sellards once pulled a holeshot on me at Beans in +25 on a RM1?? And I was on a 450 with high comp piston and all the fixins. Lol. Precisely displaying the fact that ex pros are on a different level, and the skill set doesn't disappear with age.

Meister

PR Founding Father
Picsart_22-01-13_10-52-28-565.jpg

ck1racerx

PR Addict
How about this… Do away with ALL old fart classes at LL. All B/C, C, A, Sportsman, pro, ex pro, all of it.
If you want to make it to LL then your going to have to pick one of the A,B or C classes. No more breaking up for you old people. (I would do alway with all the C classes also)

Meister

PR Founding Father
How about this… Do away with ALL old fart classes at LL. All B/C, C, A, Sportsman, pro, ex pro, all of it.
If you want to make it to LL then your going to have to pick one of the A,B or C classes. No more breaking up for you old people. (I would do alway with all the C classes also)
Oh yeah, that's smart. At that rate, screw everyone n add a B class at pro Nationals. Lol.. like I said, Lorettas would go on forever without ex pros. It'll die without amateurs.

Meister

PR Founding Father
Peterson wants to defend. And he wants to beat Hayes so he can take the asterisk away from his 2021 30+ championship….
Mike Loracco wanted to defend his 1993 500cc national championship too.....

He has an asterisk anyway, he's a pro riding sportsman less than a handful of years chasing the pro circuit lol..

I seriously have nothing against these guys. They're well within the rules in place. I'm allowed to disagree with or have an opinion on the rules in place though. Lol

DelBalso28

PR Addict
They made a choice to get a pro card, live with it.
You love this one
Here’s a fun fact, I got mine after I was in the class for 4 years solely because I was racing dudes that had theirs as well. Was very motivating. 100% within the rules as it should be. I haven’t even raced the ranch with it yet. As for skill set it doesn’t mean much until you make the fast 40 as Meister suggests. Which that is a good fence divider that I could agree with, and I’d love to be on the other side of that fence looking in no matter what it means for me and Loretta’s.

hershey

PR Elite
You love this one
Here’s a fun fact, I got mine after I was in the class for 4 years solely because I was racing dudes that had theirs as well. Was very motivating. 100% within the rules as it should be. I haven’t even raced the ranch with it yet. As for skill set it doesn’t mean much until you make the fast 40 as Meister suggests. Which that is a good fence divider that I could agree with, and I’d love to be on the other side of that fence looking in no matter what it means for me and Loretta’s.
So you're saying you simply bought your pro license and didn't earn it by hard work, dedication and speed?

It doesn't mean anything til you make the fast 40? So at your age and the amount of time you have to spend training, you believe you'll make the fast 40? I hope you do, more power to you. But realistically it's a very long shot. So you got the license for what then?

Hmm...

DelBalso28

PR Addict
So you're saying you simply bought your pro license and didn't earn it by hard work, dedication and speed?

It doesn't mean anything til you make the fast 40? So at your age and the amount of time you have to spend training, you believe you'll make the fast 40? I hope you do, more power to you. But realistically it's a very long shot. So you got the license for what then?

Hmm...

“At my age” I ran pro ams this past year to earn it, hit Loretta’s, and tried my first national. So nah didn’t buy it bud but thanks for being dense on the matter of why someone might want to cap off their prime by getting a license and trying some nationals.
At first I’m scared to race Mike Brown at the ranch(which I’ve done and happily got lapped), but now on the other end of the spectrum I don’t have what it takes to compete where you say someone like me should be trying. Ok got it.
Absolute last thing I need are your words of disencouragement.

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
“At my age” I ran pro ams this past year to earn it, hit Loretta’s, and tried my first national. So nah didn’t buy it bud but thanks for being dense on the matter of why someone might want to cap off their prime by getting a license and trying some nationals.
At first I’m scared to race Mike Brown at the ranch(which I’ve done and happily got lapped), but now on the other end of the spectrum I don’t have what it takes to compete where you say someone like me should be trying. Ok got it.
So what you are saying is that its not what it appears, and lots of people are ASSuming things they really know nothing about??? Get outta here.

Meister

PR Founding Father
Today, a pro license is most definitely earned. Back in the day, not so much.

I think guys like Johnny are not very common. The goals he's met are awesome and his efforts have been a little inspirational and motivating honestly.

hershey

PR Elite
Not words of discouragement, you didn't read my post. I said either you bought it and didn't put the work in or you did put the work in and it's a long shot to make the fast 40. My point was you did put the work in to EARN your license and did what amateurs like me are unable or unwilling to do. That's why you're a pro and I never was. That distinction should not allow you to race an amateur national event imo.

You are viewing my opinion with anger when I'm giving you respect and props for your hard work and dedication. Don't take offense to that, none intended.

Vet261

PR Addict
Today, a pro license is most definitely earned. Back in the day, not so much.

I think guys like Johnny are not very common. The goals he's met are awesome and his efforts have been a little inspirational and motivating honestly.

The other thing too is Johnny breaks the mold by actually being intelligent and respectful in comparison to the "MXSports can suck it" type crowd. You guys know what I'm talking about there, LOL.