OMA Updates 2022 Rules

jrminiquad

PR Addict
Boy, we’ve come a long way since the CRA days of taking your best 35 races. There were weekends where you could race Friday, Saturday and Sunday (and people did).
Not sure how you could have a life outside of racing back then, or afford it, but people did it.

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
Now keep in mind you can race over that amount to try and earn higher point totals. Also keep in mind 2 of the Battle rounds aren't until late August and September. So you might not want to gamble on those rounds paying off, and try to get some higher points finishes in earlier, because you will need at least 4 more races at a minimum.

hershey

PR Elite
Boy, we’ve come a long way since the CRA days of taking your best 35 races. There were weekends where you could race Friday, Saturday and Sunday (and people did).
Not sure how you could have a life outside of racing back then, or afford it, but people did it.
There used to be 2-3 races every weekend from March til November back the too in the cra.

We did a lot of three race weekends back then. It's funny because the entire double points debacle I'm familiar with because there were years I chased points. The ones arguing against it never did. But somehow they knew the mindset better than a couple of us.

Scoob

PR Founding Father
How the _____ am I 35 years old for this race season ? Where does the time go. My god.

oh 35+ another class….me ponders for a second. Omg I’ll be able to race that.
Been there, said that...will again next year...well, not that specifically obviously, but similar in the "OMG, I'll be able to race that" perspective...lol.

As we embark on the 10th OMA Season, we have made a number of changes. Most of these are Battle class related. The following are changes for the OMA across the board, meaning all series will have these changes:

All 50cc classes are to be limited

For Battle Only:
50cc oil injected
Man...am I really going to comment on 50 classes???...ugh. Is where I am I suppose...good and bad I guess. Can't wait for 65's though...

That said, limited is just the term for stock, right? Were they not last year???

For the oil-injected, that basically means any oil-injected 50cc bike in the former P-Dub class to include the KTM oil injected 50, yada, yada, correct?

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
I am guessing with the economy, some people are going to race a little less than they have the last couple years.
Not so fast….student loan pause extended to may. I’m sure the tax credit checks are furiously loaded into some budget act. Potential Lockdowns are upon us once again… People might race more.

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
Been there, said that...will again next year...well, not that specifically obviously, but similar in the "OMG, I'll be able to race that" perspective...lol.

Man...am I really going to comment on 50 classes???...ugh. Is where I am I suppose...good and bad I guess. Can't wait for 65's though...

That said, limited is just the term for stock, right? Were they not last year???

For the oil-injected, that basically means any oil-injected 50cc bike in the former P-Dub class to include the KTM oil injected 50, yada, yada, correct?

These are additional classes, we still have the PW class.

All classes here: https://omxa.net/racing/classes/

Here is what's allowed and not allowed:

AMA_Limited Rules_Page_1.jpg
AMA_Limited Rules_Page_2.jpg
AMA_Limited Rules_Page_3.jpg
AMA_Limited Rules_Page_4.jpg

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
I am guessing with the economy, some people are going to race a little less than they have the last couple years.
I wish. We will race roughly 14 races this year, possibly 15. That's the most ever for me in a season. And Im putting on 2 events outside of those 15 events.......Might be all raced out by the time I go to MXON to observe.

Vet261

PR Addict
Not sure if I'm missing something but I think I noticed a discrepancy.

On the OMA schedule, it shows the Summit Indoors count for overall year points, however when looking at the results, it shows them as non-points. Just something to check.

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
Not sure if I'm missing something but I think I noticed a discrepancy.

On the OMA schedule, it shows the Summit Indoors count for overall year points, however when looking at the results, it shows them as non-points. Just something to check.
Connie was working on the points table, I dont think she has it completed yet. Summit, and future indoor events do/will pay year end points.

TowerGal

PR Founding Father
Connie was working on the points table, I dont think she has it completed yet. Summit, and future indoor events do/will pay year end points.
Correct! The new points table has been completed, and both rounds have been given their Wiseco Overall Series Points!