Malvern AQ

John250

PR Founding Father
R+? Y'all have explained this one before. Me forgets...
Regional plus classes. Additions to the regional race schedule to give a few classes races in between motos since they have regionals split 3 ways now.

pape718

PR Member
But but but..... Papi jumped it on a super mini... I will clarify here tho, I don't necessarily think either are/were too big. The speed required to hit the current one is the pucker factor, specifically when soft.. The old road jump was 3rd on it, I've even missed a shift before it and did it in 2nd and didn't die. Lol

John, it's still just flat up on top, but it is a rumored 130' now lol..

If anyone's using me as a benchmark, they definitely drank too much.. lol.. weird tho, I don't typically eat cheese fries. I can't place that day tho.. I think last year I skipped a couple late in the day second Motos too.. lol
Yep and pussy meister didn't jump keep whining bitch and it's 120' get your rumors right. I just want to give my opinion I guess that's what you call crying

J

Juju shuster

Super easy lol it's definitely harder now. s**t can happen on any jump bud. Know your an expert analyst but your opinion doesn't matter

hershey

PR Elite
Here is what it boils down to. 90% of the people there this weekend didn't jump the uphill triple even when everything was perfect. As a track owner you build the track the way you want along with being as safe as you can make it. But in the end our sport isn't safe and as a rider only YOU can make the choice to do what's safe for your ability. I've seen 20 different posts on social media about the race weekend. All.of them talked about challenging, none of them complained about the triple being too hard or the track being too rough. It's a choice, Matthew said it himself. To be competitive in his class up front you had to jump it. The front runners aren't complaining because the jump is comfortable for them to do. Why? Because they practice and race in those conditions regularly so they can be up front. Matthew made a choice to push and hang up there Even though HE wasn't comfortable. That's a riders choice, not the track owners. And 90% of the other riders chose not to jump it. Imagine making a track where everyone does all the same jumps and obstacles, it more boring than today's SX tracks we watch every weekend.

They fixed the mud and ruts on the face best they could. When it dried enough, they fixed it better. It was a good weekend. Hone your skills and compete again.

Meister, you've been on the couch for 2 months and how long before that. Your conditioning and lack of seat time were your limiters this weekend, not the track.

J

Juju shuster

Response to twenty three MX. Exactly the one im talking about. It took all of fourth on my 250 sx but it was a rush!!! Lol

Mcaupp22

PR Addict
first lap of the moto I hit it on the left towards the middle in a somewhat straight rut but on lap two I was going for a pass jumping down the hill and had to hit it on the right side where the rut going up to it didn’t line up with the rut on the face which sent me weird and obviously came up super short. But after I wadded it up and two others they fixed it and I didn’t see another crash on it. I am comfortable with jumping it in ruts just the ruts do make a big leap like that sketchy for everyone

team186

PR Member
Offering all the standard regional plus classes: 30+, 40+C, 60+, Women's C, Women's 30+, Warrior

AND I'm adding a Vet 30+125 B/C class!
Just a suggestion, you might make the Vet 30+125 "Sportsman" opposed to "B/C", to allow just about every rider attending your VET Regional an opportunity to ride this special support class (assuming they have a 125 parked next to their 250/450 4T)??

FYI, AC/DC or Motorhead tribute band for Saturday night?? Or maybe after reading the comments above spend a few bucks less get these guys the OH Back Street Boys (they might have a wedding that weekend)??

Good luck with your event.

Steve H.

MX315

PR Addict
Well I guess people still do go on pitracer ! Just need a good topic to flame on! Nobody Has brought up how the sweet the announcer was all weekend ….Dude is on point and entertaining as hell ! Malvern for life.
5CDD2F15-6713-4B35-A035-7B4C3F24123D.jpeg
CB7EF8E2-FCC7-4C5C-9FBA-A45C9BC2C03F.jpeg
2F6EAADE-4898-4DB0-92D5-E0440038BB75.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Meister

PR Founding Father
Here is what it boils down to. 90% of the people there this weekend didn't jump the uphill triple even when everything was perfect. As a track owner you build the track the way you want along with being as safe as you can make it. But in the end our sport isn't safe and as a rider only YOU can make the choice to do what's safe for your ability. I've seen 20 different posts on social media about the race weekend. All.of them talked about challenging, none of them complained about the triple being too hard or the track being too rough. It's a choice, Matthew said it himself. To be competitive in his class up front you had to jump it. The front runners aren't complaining because the jump is comfortable for them to do. Why? Because they practice and race in those conditions regularly so they can be up front. Matthew made a choice to push and hang up there Even though HE wasn't comfortable. That's a riders choice, not the track owners. And 90% of the other riders chose not to jump it. Imagine making a track where everyone does all the same jumps and obstacles, it more boring than today's SX tracks we watch every weekend.

They fixed the mud and ruts on the face best they could. When it dried enough, they fixed it better. It was a good weekend. Hone your skills and compete again.

Meister, you've been on the couch for 2 months and how long before that. Your conditioning and lack of seat time were your limiters this weekend, not the track.
I must suck at everything, including clarifying my opinion. Lol.

Let's start this one by saying my opinion here would be the same even if I won. My first post regarding the matter was to encourage stumpy by letting him know he wasn't the only one struggling as he was talking down on himself based on the challenging track. If you reread what I've wrote through all of this, I only had an adverse opinion on two areas of the track that fired people up.

The triple itself is not hard, or dangerous, even with the ruts on the face. It's actually one of those brainless just twist it jumps. My choice to not jump it was based on a couple of reasons. Traffic. I'm not landing on someone if I have anything to do with it. Even last year in traffic I wouldn't jump it around other riders. 4th wide open on a 450 is no joke. Come up quick on someone Infront of you that checks up, bad juju about to happen. Saw a vid on FB of a very talented group of riders come very close to playing out what I'm describing. Currently, with my lack of seat time and conditioning, Simply not worth the risk to me to try those kinda moves. 4th gear going in to the ruts before it was far more intimidating than the jump itself. No excuse tho and I'm definitely aware that lack of seat time, conditioning, among other issues were certainly a contributing limiting factor, and I'm completely ok with my results given the circumstance! Again, not worth the risk, to me. Call me a pussy, a bitch, a whiner.. I don't really gaf.. lol

So, you're definitely right that it was my CHOICE not to jump the triple.

You mentioned that I say more maintenance makes it better. Well, yeah, but let's not twist it in to saying I think the whole track needs prepped 4 times a day so it's a highway or something dumb and exaggerated. That's not what I've meant or said at all. Simply, first two turns don't need to be wall to wall ruts and 4th wide sections don't need peg draggers! Beyond that, I think our opinions are probably alot alike..

Here's a random pic I took of the second turn.
PXL_20220515_182734497.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Toddco327

PR Addict
Well I guess people still do go on pitracer ! Just need a good topic to flame on! Nobody Has brought up how the sweet the announcer was all weekend ….Dude is on point and entertaining as hell ! Malvern for life.
I did my best!!! Thanks!!!!!

Did anyone get some Ice Cream from Kirk tho…. That stuff is so good. One of the dads I talked to from SC said he had 4 cups the one day. 3 of them blackberry. Said he hasnt had blackberry since he was a kid. It took him back to his childhood.

No joke it’s so good tho.

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
Just a suggestion, you might make the Vet 30+125 "Sportsman" opposed to "B/C", to allow just about every rider attending your VET Regional an opportunity to ride this special support class (assuming they have a 125 parked next to their 250/450 4T)??

FYI, AC/DC or Motorhead tribute band for Saturday night?? Or maybe after reading the comments above spend a few bucks less get these guys the OH Back Street Boys (they might have a wedding that weekend)??

Good luck with your event.

Steve H.
Thanks steve. Sportsman it is, or maybe just Vet 30+ 125………being a regional plus class not sure it matters.

J

Juju shuster

You weren't getting all the way up and over in 2nd lmao. You guys are a trip go argue with your wives weirdos

J

Juju shuster

And honestly I could give two shits about anybody's opinion especially some guys that comment on every f*****g post lol. I was trying to give my opinion on riding above your limit. I'm not an espn track analyst

Meister

PR Founding Father
And honestly I could give two shits about anybody's opinion especially some guys that comment on every f*****g post lol. I was trying to give my opinion on riding above your limit. I'm not an espn track analyst
Glad you don't care about anyone's opinion. That's what it takes around here! Who even are you? Lol.

It definitely happened on the yz450 Rogers bought off me. Stock gearing the thing was a beast n revved to the moon. Bj Morris and Joe McDaniel may remember it even happening because it was definitely loud and they were prob near me. Lol

J

Juju shuster

Im the one who reads you goofs opinions regularly never comments and I comment once and you and your butt buddy think your gonna tag team me like this is wwe or some s**t lmao. Btw that was my second year of riding Moto I was blasting all that in 17 so if you want to downplay somebody's experience like you guys are the Moto capos then know your history. Pretty sure you and goose your pitracer wingman weren't blasting s**t like that your second year of Moto. Stay in your lane.