Why?

2 motos is about consistency, workmanship of the machine, taking care of your machine to finish, physical endurance and just because it's fun.

Don't make MX turn into SX.
Looks like I was correct. Eat it Knox.
Screenshot_20220721-163139_Chrome.jpg

So I had a conversation today at work that really has me thinking.
The guy is a very casual moto fan and he asked me today… Why do they race twice?
So, I of course had an answer…. We have always run two moto’s. I then got the blank, deer in the headlights look…. But why? To which I had no answer. That got me thinking.
What if… we only ran one moto locally… and then ran a split format much like the LL regionals of youth / amateur/ vet. One group at a time runs a practice and then their race. Then the next group does the same…
That then kills the argument of “I don’t want to be at the track all day”. Bingo. In and out in under 4 hours. And that is running one 20 minute moto. Which answers my argument of “we don’t run long enough moto’s to get good”

for real, no other form of racing runs two races that I can think of. Heck even moto is only one moto when it’s in a stadium. So, I ask you…. Why? Or maybe. Why not?

Hey! Then it doesn’t give me another shot if I crash in the first turn.
I DONT WANNT PEOPLE NOT IN MY CLASS IN MY WAy. I need A STAGGER START.
* 7 racers total on the gate, 3 classes

Wwwaaahhhhh

2 motos workmanship
Of the machine ? Maybe in the 80s. Now they’re so damn reliable the average guy can’t break them.

2 motos workmanship
Of the machine ? Maybe in the 80s. Now they’re so damn reliable the average guy can’t break them.
When you ask why, it's how we got here.
Great. Now we have an answer.
okay, why now? And for sure, why local?
Bikes last forever, there are no fans…

Mark it down. July 21, 2022 Dave actually contributed something of value.
Yeah well, it's not the first time nor the last.

Back