Some Old Helmet Vids

MX955

PitRacer Pro
Thanks John, very cool!!!

Is there still old race results from some of those tracks posted somewhere?

hershey

PR Elite
Good stuff. Reminds me why I didn't like Scenic all that much lol. And why i suck at ruts, none of those tracks had real ruts back then and nobody really complained about prep, that's all we had !

So many good memories from back then, it's hard to believe I've been racing since 1988! I have some old harescramble videos from back then I should get transferred to digital. Same with some early mx racing.

Scoob

PR Founding Father
That Red Bud vid makes me wonder the year I actually made it. My maiden voyage to Vet Fest...my one and only at this point. I am always hanging one leg out shaking all about...lol. Good shtuff! ;)

Scotty810

PR Addict
I seem to recall McGrath wearing a helmet camera at the Cleveland SX back in 1995 and I think they even had a real-time feed to the scoreboard from it. I have to imagine the resolution was horrible but fairly impressive that was even an option back then. I was only 7 at the time so I may be wrong. Anyone else able to confirm that?

trent56mx

PR Addict

Last time I remember McGrath wearing a helmet camera. Atlanta '95. 20 minutes into the video crashes into Craig.

Don't think he rode with it after that