Mini O’s. What’s the update!?!?

Vet261

PR Addict
Great job Mitch! Two championships and 4 more podiums in some really tough classes.

MitchOveralls.jpg

hershey

PR Elite
Super fun week, if you've never gone I suggest making the trip. More fun than LL and good racing still. Normally most the top guys are there. Lots of stuff to do, free dinner on Thanksgiving and so many awesome races to watch. The icing in the cake is riding the outdoor track! Sx is fun but just ok, the MX track is one of my favorite ever. It gets knarly rough and rutted, is 30' wide in most places making racing safe and fun. Meister shouldn't go, it's rough and rutted....did I already say that? John259, you stay home too.

Austin made a main in sx, got cheated out of another main because of yellow flag ignoring, made 1 main in mx and ended up 29th out of 88 in 12-13 85 limited.

I went 19-11 for 14th oa in +55. Pumped on that since I've ridden 14 times now all year and not worked out.

The one and only bad thing beside the insane amount of rule breaking pit riding would be yellow and red cross flags. Last year wasn't bad but this year theyight as well not have even waved the damn things. 90% of riders completely ignored them. It was insane, Joseph was jumped in multiple times while flags were out in sx and broke his collar bone from the hits not the crash. Nothing happened to the riders who ignored the flag. In the 250b sx practice all but 1 or 2 front guys and the back markers ignored yellow flags for 3 laps in a row, the ama official pulled them all over after practice and chewed them a new one for a couple mins...made no difference. All week, every glad was basically ignored.

In sx, Austin caught the 2 in front of him easily and could have made the pass into qualifying position but a yellow came out, the 4 in front of him all jumped just after he caught them, they jumped and he checked up. Caught them again just before the same yellow flag and they all 4 jumped he checked and lost ground half way through the last lap. No main for him. Asked the official about it and he said they were penalizing people but couldn't guarantee they would get them, they didn't. The ones that jumped on Joseph didn't get penalized either. Saw the same official on the line at MX. Asked him about the flag situation, he bragged about having given out over 100 penalties (I'm assuming this was for sx because it was the first day of MX). I walked away thinking he should be embarrassed not bragging. Everyone I spoke with had the same impression, it was the worst they had seen for flags being completely ignored.

Other than that, great week and we will be back for next year!

pape718

PR Member
Yea
Super fun week, if you've never gone I suggest making the trip. More fun than LL and good racing still. Normally most the top guys are there. Lots of stuff to do, free dinner on Thanksgiving and so many awesome races to watch. The icing in the cake is riding the outdoor track! Sx is fun but just ok, the MX track is one of my favorite ever. It gets knarly rough and rutted, is 30' wide in most places making racing safe and fun. Meister shouldn't go, it's rough and rutted....did I already say that? John259, you stay home too.

Austin made a main in sx, got cheated out of another main because of yellow flag ignoring, made 1 main in mx and ended up 29th out of 88 in 12-13 85 limited.

I went 19-11 for 14th oa in +55. Pumped on that since I've ridden 14 times now all year and not worked out.

The one and only bad thing beside the insane amount of rule breaking pit riding would be yellow and red cross flags. Last year wasn't bad but this year theyight as well not have even waved the damn things. 90% of riders completely ignored them. It was insane, Joseph was jumped in multiple times while flags were out in sx and broke his collar bone from the hits not the crash. Nothing happened to the riders who ignored the flag. In the 250b sx practice all but 1 or 2 front guys and the back markers ignored yellow flags for 3 laps in a row, the ama official pulled them all over after practice and chewed them a new one for a couple mins...made no difference. All week, every glad was basically ignored.

In sx, Austin caught the 2 in front of him easily and could have made the pass into qualifying position but a yellow came out, the 4 in front of him all jumped just after he caught them, they jumped and he checked up. Caught them again just before the same yellow flag and they all 4 jumped he checked and lost ground half way through the last lap. No main for him. Asked the official about it and he said they were penalizing people but couldn't guarantee they would get them, they didn't. The ones that jumped on Joseph didn't get penalized either. Saw the same official on the line at MX. Asked him about the flag situation, he bragged about having given out over 100 penalties (I'm assuming this was for sx because it was the first day of MX). I walked away thinking he should be embarrassed not bragging. Everyone I spoke with had the same impression, it was the worst they had seen for flags being completely ignored.

Yea they were bad on not docking people even on the red cross flag, same thing happen to me in plus 50 sx red cross out on finish line jump for 3 laps the 2 guys in front me jumped every lap that same ama official on the gate said they had 4 officials out there they would catch them it was a joke felt bad for the down riders.

Mcaupp22

PR Addict

One thing you forgot to mention though is even though gatorback gets rough and rutted there isn’t any ruts on any jumps there. So the 100 foot triples don’t have foot peg deep ruts so it’s super rough and gnarly but not unsafe !! Meister would agree I’m sure. Glad you guys had a good time and Austin did well. Still pissed I couldn’t go this year but there’s always next year when I’m fully healed

Mcaupp22

PR Addict
Also after seeing they capped riders this year how did they make a new record supposedly??? Little confused cause I would figure capping the riders would mean less riders ???

hershey

PR Elite
Also after seeing they capped riders this year how did they make a new record supposedly??? Little confused cause I would figure capping the riders would mean less riders ???
Because more classes filled the capped races than before and more of the others were larger than before.
One thing you forgot to mention though is even though gatorback gets rough and rutted there isn’t any ruts on any jumps there. So the 100 foot triples don’t have foot peg deep ruts so it’s super rough and gnarly but not unsafe !! Meister would agree I’m sure. Glad you guys had a good time and Austin did well. Still pissed I couldn’t go this year but there’s always next year when I’m fully healed
Malvern had no rutted jump faces either.

Scoob

PR Founding Father
Yeah, the in-laws went this year to support Hayden. Definitely a thought for next year if some work things pan out this next year...