MERP - GP Series 2024

Especially no bashing on here - I have nothing but good things to say about working with Malvern. He taught us a lot about working in the promotion game and was a true professional every time we worked with him.

It takes an unbelievable amount of time and resources to do this stuff. I was UNBELIEVABLY naive to the amount of work that goes into it on I was on this side of the fence.

It was not from lack of effort that’s for sure - sometimes businesses have to make tough decisions.

This isn’t the first track we have lost and unfortunately will not be the last.

I’m going to miss Malvern - great track - great people and lots of great memories.

Last edited:
OPEN PRO PURSE CROW CANYON copy.jpeg

Battle pay and War pay!

Slippery dippery doo. We know your not coming Meister!

2 stroking this weekend after fighting that 450 last merp, im in testing mode now!

2024 Crow Canyon I GP - Race Recap

Words: Bierbower

Photos: Fraas

By SRS Suspension

What. A. Day.

It’s tough to put this whole day into words really. We’re coming in to our third season as race promoters and to have a day like today is simply unbelievable.

We are so so so grateful for our racers. Without you guys we could have never gotten this far. It’s been getting you to come try a MERP GP - make sure you have fun - then you go tell 10 buddies.

Today all 10 of those buddies showed up.

604 rider entries. Smashed our old record.

We have amazing support from our sponsors and we’re introducing them one by one on social media - these companies that support us are the backbone of what makes this series special. We’re working hard to get their names out there - SUPPORT THESE COMPANIES. Our little community thrives this way - the money you spend comes back to you when you spend it in the right places.

The course. Holy smokes. We had a different course it seemed like every hour when the green flag waved. One common denominator - it was GNARLY every time. Things were going pretty solid then the C Class Boys went out and blew that track to pieces. By the end of the day - mud, ruts, slick, roots, rocks, hardpack, dust and water. We raced it all.

I was expecting to get my head ripped off a couple times at least - BUT….for the most part everyone was stoked. A lot of “duddde that course was gnarly”

Riding dirt bikes is tough some days - and I think that’s why we keep racing them. It pushes our physical and mental limits. Takes our minds to places better than everyday life. When we are picking up bikes in the roots and ruts - not a single cell phone in sight. Just a bunch of dirt bikers living in the moment!

The racing. Also gnarly. Open Pro Sport had a massive line of 16 riders - a healthy mix of motocross and off-road talents. Familiar MERP faces would find themselves at the pointy end of the pack. Jake Bornhorst with a nice payday and Zach Peters put in his strongest ride to date - a second place to kick off his title defense is a statement. Local off-road hot shoe Mike Pillar would round out the podium.

Some blunders - scoring, woods loop crazyness. It wouldn’t be racing without blunders I suppose. We’re hard on ourselves and we want to run a tight program. We’re working on it. We also did not expect 600 + entries today. Thank you guys for sticking with us.

Busy week incoming - working on some video, photos and more.

Thank you all for the support - we feel blessed to do this stuff for you. It’s just dirt bike racing but damn are we having fun doing it along side you.

I feel bad for some of my pit racer buddies - the track exploded during the C Class. 177 C class entries - we’re going to have to find a way to split it up.

I don’t know if it was a Crow thing or a first race of the year thing or what. But it was insane. That C class group was massive and I think that caused more issues than the track itself - one bobble and it would clog up a bottle neck. Off-road guys are used to this stuff but we get some moto people come out and this is new territory.

Sorry Kreps - We did find a reroute after your race for whatever that’s worth!

Thanks for the support boys.

What are you guys thoughts on a 2 day event? We basically have way too many entries in our 11AM and 1PM races and it’s causing a lot of congestion on track if things get technical.

Back