RCSX

Yellow Flag update.

Screenshot_20240226_170808_Yahoo Mail.jpg

Good thing I got a mountain bike last year. I love that thing more than any pit bike I could ever have. Well my groms dope too and saves me a lot on gas in spring, summer, and fall

Good thing I got a mountain bike last year. I love that thing more than any pit bike I could ever have. Well my groms dope too and saves me a lot on gas in spring, summer, and fall
I loaded a free huffy in the trailer tonight... Lol

In for Vintage tuesday! E - bike with pedals works everywhere....
I’d love a e bike but I ain’t paying that much for a bike but definitely going to drop 2-3k on a full suspension one soon. I have always rode bicycles but by far my favorite form of training now along with rowing

guess my $50 walmart mongoose mtn bike will get some use this weekend.

im going to bring my grom too. see what happens with that, i know i wont be the only one trying to use that as an exception to the rule... other than getting me for an extra "vehicle" pass.. but i can pull it in the trailer, not taking up any extra space.. see whaat happens!

im going to bring my grom too. see what happens with that, i know i wont be the only one trying to use that as an exception to the rule... other than getting me for an extra "vehicle" pass.. but i can pull it in the trailer, not taking up any extra space.. see whaat happens!
The street legal bikes with tags never needed a pit pass. I don't think they can prohibit you from riding those. You will probably have to park it in the garage area or outside the fan zone though and not up behind the bleechers.

Although grom tires suck at tracks when it’s really wet and muddy I love that thing so much. Why my mom didn’t let me have one in high school I really missed out lol. By far best thing I did was trade a 110 for a grom

I’d love a e bike but I ain’t paying that much for a bike but definitely going to drop 2-3k on a full suspension one soon. I have always rode bicycles but by far my favorite form of training now along with rowing
I ba e a buddy who’s the manager at a Trek store… if you want a trek let me know i can probably get you a damn good deal. He’s gets employee only pricing on like 6 bikes per year.

I ba e a buddy who’s the manager at a Trek store… if you want a trek let me know i can probably get you a damn good deal. He’s gets employee only pricing on like 6 bikes per year.
That’s what I got right now and I love the thing. Obviously one of the lower end ones but great right out the box for what I wanted but definitely figured out fast riding the trails how rough it was on forks only

After 30 months off a motocross bike, Matthew talked me into riding the 2024 Daytona Amateur Supercross. Plan was to hit the gym, ride some over the last two months. Nah, I rode one time, and let's go racing. Got an awesome 6th place start on a destroyed track due to lots of rain. The ruts were horrible. Got stuck behind some other guys that fell in the ruts, but only had one small tip over and finished 22nd out of 34 in the Main. Would have been much further up had I not got hung up in both the 2nd and 3rd corners on lap one for sure. Found out after that the Green Kawasaki on the ground in front of me was Allen Lotts, he got a good start too. Either way for being totally unprepared I am happy. The kids were joking with me about staying forward on the bike since I had not been off a gate in a long time. But the old dude still can get a start without practice! Kept talking to myself to not hold on tight through that sand pit. Also the ruts were so bad, just tried to get around the corner, get the bike straight and on the gas again. Because of rain and lightning they ran no heat races or LCQs. Practice and Mains only. They limited the entries in all but about 8 classes, so those classes will just have two main events they said. Race 6, my main was the last for the day. Starting Monday AM with race 7. Worst Daytona track by far in 15 years of racing here. The speedway also had some gates closed that have always been open, kind of a pain in the ass. The no pit bike, no SXS, no ATV rule is AWESOME! Let's pray Mini O's follows and does the same thing. Tim Cotter even mentioned you may see this rule follow them to other events. Could they really finally get Loretta's under control? Matthew got me back out on the track. Has me motivated to go hit some races now. Matthew has three Main Events tomorrow, so good luck to him. Now to go ice this old hip. ✌️

120348.jpeg
120364.jpeg
120323.jpeg
120324.jpeg

Last edited:
So end of rcsx. Gotta say worst weather ever in all the years. So no clue after all that rain how the track was even rideable but somehow even though it was insanely soft it still was good. Layout was by far the worst ever. But the cards that they were dealt with it is what it is. Track would be fully prepped and trashed within one lap. Oh well

That rocket launch was bad ass just now
I caught the thrusters blazing. Was pretty awesome to see. Was in conversation with a buddy and happened to be facing that way and about crapped my pants.

Daytona left a lot to be desired this year. Was the worst track design ive ridden there yet (dry or not). Lots of confusion and meaningless radio chatter. I only did 26 laps total and sunday's practice was under yellow and red cross flags most of the time. Only got one "fast" lap in on monday morning in one of my 2 lap practices. I wasnt gelling with my bike too well and felt like a goon on it. In the main I was in 3rd off the start but couldn't hold that pace without being on the edge of rag dolling, so I just rode it out as safely as I could. Ended up 8th. Still in the hardware, and not hurt, so good enough for me. 5.2 hours of seat time since last years rcsx probably didn't help my cause either lol.

Mathew was going great this weekend but his few hiccups held him back from the results his speed could've awarded. Nice to see his old man atleast on a bike lol.

Was really bummed for alot of my friends who made this year their first Daytona trip. I talk up rcsx alot because its usually a blast through n through. This year not so much on many different accounts. Hope all the first timers give it another go eventually.

Kinda seemed on the live stream they cut it down to a quarter of the size and more or less a glorified turn track with a couple jumps. Noticed loaders in the background moving dirt. Still wanna make the trip one of these years to give it a go.

Ha - !
I just checked the results.
Good job on a bitch of a weekend guys.

How CRAZY is it that you travel hundreds of miles - to a completely foreign track and end up racing the same local guys ....
happens all the time ..??? What ?

Back