RCSX

Kinda seemed on the live stream they cut it down to a quarter of the size and more or less a glorified turn track with a couple jumps. Noticed loaders in the background moving dirt. Still wanna make the trip one of these years to give it a go.
If the weather doesn't throw a curve ball - it's a super good time.

If the weather doesn't throw a curve ball - it's a super good time.
This track this year is ZERO indication of what the race really is like. The track was a joke. But all the rain hurt them. I thought it was nuts the classes they took the entries from 68 down to 34 this year. Good year for it to happen. The only classes that they opened up to 68 were 250A, 50+, 50 7-8, 65 7-9, 65 7-11, 85 LTD 10-12, 85 10-12, and super mini. Crazy even the C classes were only one gate. So the entries have been cut way back.

I still suggest people go to this race. It is a good time. I prefer this over the Mini O's.

I would like to make the trip down there. I still think i could do well in 30+ b/c. I would definitely love the bring the 500af with me down there and race it on the vintage day as well. Meister i was stoked when i heard them say your name, i think you were in 5th or 6th at one point. Very unusual that Richie Robinson didn’t do too well, usually he is up front at that race.

For me it was good and bad. Practiced sucked and didn’t care at all how it went knowing it would be better for the races because the track was so simple. Although the track sucked it was still super gnarly. The track layout could have been modified to improve the racing so it wasn’t one lined. Making those switch backs the way they did made racing suck. The start also sucked only being maybe 50 feet. I got good starts getting holeshot in 450b limited off gate pick 9, collegboy got 27th gate pick and still came out top 10, then final Moto 450b got a top 10 start. Had the speed to go top 10 in every class and was the first 5 laps of every Moto except the last which I am happy about and the hard work is there. 450 limited I made too many mistakes. Collegeboy I rode good also made a few mistakes and 450b I was top 10 and felt great and on lap 2 I hit a kicker on the finish and there was no saving it. The timing and scoring pipe was sticking out across the whole face. Don’t know if it was the cause but absolutely could have been. Oh well I was happy to know where I stand and the speed I have. Track was gnarly even being so simple. Good start to the year
IMG_1986.png

Attachments

• IMG_9417.mov
    29.3 MB
I would like to make the trip down there. I still think i could do well in 30+ b/c. I would definitely love the bring the 500af with me down there and race it on the vintage day as well. Meister i was stoked when i heard them say your name, i think you were in 5th or 6th at one point. Very unusual that Richie Robinson didn’t do too well, usually he is up front at that race.
Richie decided not to race. We both felt the same about everything on the weekend.

I was in 3rd the first few laps but they never really mentioned me. Hopefully next year is back to normal. Lol youd do perfectly fine in the 30bc class.

Up at 7am to enjoy a morning at beach
10am - leave Cocoa beach
11am - drop wife kid n mom at Orlando mco
12pm - pick up toy hauler at speedway
2am - smack a deer going 75 in front of rest area just south of Parkersburg
4am - glad to be on my own crapper.

Dad drove from 630p to 9p. I couldn't even think about any shut eye while my dad was driving. Heart rate was higher than rolling i95 through Jacksonville in traffic. Lol. His new f350 sure made light work of my toy hauler. I thought my max tow f150 did good. Ha.

1 celebratory Michelob down the hatch.

Remind me to never straight through again.

Dog enjoying the smells

Meanwhile, my kid got a tour of the cockpit of the plane they flew in

PXL_20240307_064104746.jpg

PXL_20240306_184350267.jpg

IMG_20240306_190630.jpg

Some day Matthew will be going around to all the hot spots in Volusia County and he will find his number plates all over the place from 25 years ago. I've been trying to spread them around the last few years.

20240309_163948.jpg
20211010_191843.jpg

Back