Redbud vet fest

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
It’s a relatively small event. Easy sign up. Plenty of seat time. Costs aren’t unreasonable. I don’t recall what they cost now. But was never like appalled pulling money out of my pocket.

jfalat

PR Addict
You’ll end up staying! It’s so laid back, the racing is for fun, just practice with a gate drop. Hell, I’m lining up just for the adrenaline rush of the start!
I will probably stay but I am in no condition to race..barely can hold on for 2 laps as it is..letting the gate drop and bringing up the rear could be the move…lol.

Roachy

PR Addict
I went last year on a 2013 200 XC-W that I hadn't ridden yet that year; I had only been on my trials bike that season. When the gate dropped, I just let everyone go and passed the ones who fell, stalled or whatever. Remember if your not first your last anyhow. I had fun and if I make the drive I might as well ride.

mshafer62

PR Addict
In case you didn't get the email from Red Bud re Vet Fest last week...

Hello, VetFesters! We hope to see you at this year's event coming up on August 16 & 17.

Online Registration is open now. Signing up online is a great help to us in setting up the Friday practice groups, and gets you through the signup line much faster at the track. Please take advantage of that if you can. Here's the link: https://secure.tracksideprereg.com/redbud/

New info for 50 Plus riders: Last year the 50+ B class had qualifiers, so we've added a 50+ Novice class this year. If there's not much interest, we'll end up combining the two classes into a 50+ B/C class again. That won't be determined until race weekend, so sign up for whichever class you'd prefer and we'll see how it goes.

The WARRIOR CLASS (for military veterans) is part of the D14 Warrior Series this year. Other than riders looking for points in that class, AMA and District memberships are not required this weekend. That's not because we don't have rules, it's just a convenience for so many riders who might only race once a year and haven't maintained their memberships.

HOWEVER. YOU MUST RIDE YOUR NORMAL CLASSIFICATION!

How do we know? 1) We look up your classification with AMA. 2) If you're not listed, we look up past race results online. If you're a B rider, you can't ride Novice at the VetFest. If you're an A rider, you can't ride B. Every year we end up taking someone out of a class because they tried to drop down. Someone will let us know, we'll look you up and have to take you out of a class you're ineligible for. Not sure? Call or email us early, or come to sign up at the track and we'll help you figure it out. (Just don't wait until practice starts Saturday morning!)

One other note: the Friday Steak Dinner will be happening again. Make sure you get your ticket(s) Thursday night or Friday morning before they go shopping for the steak and chicken.

Questions? Info@redbudmx.com / 269-695-6405. See you soon!