Fastest MX Rider in Ohio

SCHAFFERNOCKER

PR Addict
Who is the fastest rider from ohio, ever. Current and/or non-current.

I'm talking about speed, not the most winning or accomplished rider, who would you nominate?

Mcaupp22

PR Addict
Definitely AP7, but Ohio is full of fast guys like hand, kilbarger, mages, Gibson , browning, Willard some more successful then others but all fast in their own way and each were good on different surfaces. These are the dudes in recent time I’ve grown up seeing race so more of a young perspective

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
Tim Farr is definitely a good input I didn’t think about. He’s from Ashtabula county.

In the quad world, Baldwin motorsports is the top dog. They’re from Ashtabula.

AP pretty wild career. GNCCer turned AMA pro SX winner. Never thought I’d see that one.

Brock sellards and Sam Yanatelli . . . They used to cook. Broc narrowly edged out by the late Scott sheak in 99. Maybe I have that wrong.

Broc 2nd overall at redbud
Sx wins at Houston, Atlanta, Pontiac.

Runner up 1999 Mx 125 class…..

Accomplishments aside he was just awesome to watch. He was definitely my hero as a kid growing up. And even suggested to my parents to name my brother broc.( Which turns out they did, they just dropped the k)

Last edited:

SCHAFFERNOCKER

PR Addict
2008 Moto X World Supermoto Champion, 2007 X-Games Supermoto Gold winner, and 2007 AMA Supermoto Champion
He deff had a good run in supermoto, i didnt know he was an OH native.

Shawn Rife had some serious speed. Everyone is going to the best pro career results by default. Which yes, that has alot to do with how good you are. But I'm talking about the person you thought HAD the most talent, period. Not the rider who made it longest through good habits that kept them in the spotlight.

Walker Brightwell was another one, that dude was a big time talk when I was younger.

bruceb

PR Addict
I have to mention the Golden Boy, Greg Rand. Although his pro career never took off due to early injuries that were never given the time to properly heal, his amateur battles with Reynard in the schoolboy class were epic. And then there was that time that he straight up passed RC at the Indy SX and I believe was leading (or at least top three) when his F&S Suzuki gave out.

Jack Bierbower

PR Addict
Tim Farr is definitely a good input I didn’t think about. He’s from Ashtabula county.

In the quad world, Baldwin motorsports is the top dog. They’re from Ashtabula.

AP pretty wild career. GNCCer turned AMA pro SX winner. Never thought I’d see that one.

Brock sellards and Sam Yanatelli . . . They used to cook. Broc narrowly edged out by the late Scott sheak in 99. Maybe I have that wrong.

Broc 2nd overall at redbud
Sx wins at Houston, Atlanta, Pontiac.

Runner up 1999 Mx 125 class…..

Accomplishments aside he was just awesome to watch. He was definitely my hero as a kid growing up. And even suggested to my parents to name my brother broc.( Which turns out they did, they just dropped the k)
1-1 Kenworthys.

Won a moto at washougal too.

4DAIVI PAI2K5

PR Addict
Didn’t even know he was from Ohio
Yep. we went to school together, rode bikes around the neighborhood and played at the park together. Then played plenty of poker and had good times at his races as we all got older. Great man, from good hardworking parents.