Fastest MX Rider in Ohio

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
How about - Jack Penton ?

Throughout his 12-year ISDT career, Penton earned six Golds, three Silvers, and one Bronze. He rode on six U.S. Trophy Teams, two Vase Teams, and four times served as American Team Captain. In 1973, he was overall winner at a Six Day qualifying event in Bathurst, Australia, and at the Isle of Man again in 1975 he was top American and sixth overall in the world in ISDT competition.

Penton’s career on the national scene was equally impressive. Early on he won multiple motocross state championships in Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Indiana, and his first AMA National Enduro at the age of 15, the same year he finished second overall in the national series. Before it was all said and done, he earned 27 national titles in enduro competition, international trials qualifiers, and Grand National Cross-Country racing. These included a victory in the desert of Southern California where Eastern riders were not expected to do well, and an overall win at the Corduroy Canadian National Championship Enduro.

1foxracing

PR Addict
Jimmy Jarrett
This was at Beans 2010 week after Highpoint. There were other privateer pro's there that day and Jimmy would pass all of them and leave them for dead and he would be riding for over a hour non stop.
Think he won Loretta's +45 a few years ago as well.
AP1GczOwXnUb0XGinGlkBjFnP8fMUdPByEjmqTAVlP0vfRw0kWN2Jby07-7ZRB0g8HHjB2oZtI89-Pft6-8BIOgFDmCzbb87iyHNRFV9z2KsSiT2ZEhIp5oDkwV5mxzDkgLcyAZg140G-YBkxTzboqS4QcWMSGvTWGJ3MUyJ614gvk9dBJUU0kBDwV9CRlS0A57vu69jxoO6OQR_oY16bhesGMU0Nn15sdLDi-w-aDP4x0Fq9mVng-03e5MA3qfxsnUJNHN5KHAEQsHtCMd_ZLKVh4kQBEvXVmpKwfeQOAPesmjYLUu5jcwp-_tq2NMTjCwKlFuYTbjxH8B-f05wAa_jv-nUuKW13MbxQVo_nGTFJvSt27QqC9M2ASKIaLSfUtG4WZ66QsMBQOlOmJJphaaTqCJGjnZajz_FQ9h0PhhDfti2PoyFCtL20rX0KataCzs6hehnGsANaryE5uQlSbyNNBiLASoA9Vjuww55UuaPFIj_b5plX9_YYxMoEQA9Hm5fNUpmp_3CAspmfYzptCUR7IDVfQ30l2pqStEg5bq1xD3xGNyXZ5dVgnA884rlRlEdWrKD9Ud1IAGPS19GdHEWreBUzofQbnkAgrIxCkt6KZ_Pk_hmqxuD5i2EaNn93pIS90uktgZa7jZo9qG5rD85GqkZXGdp8zOG7MN9TGp0Pkg33JR5PPkgm0uHVHLiqt59LoOVy9032ql0OL9xpieL90uSiZgXmbxrCaipaCmE_ObNSArNUvxnGZmIRJJkWFpRQORhEfuvFdH9kSbLnmZCd-yU4-JOFXK5pYFLSAeCAJovx43p8lSXuJXoFrB72bTkR4vrPogNuZhkTp5IKlqNX5NyXpuSgscxcXuKqVxRsf4WdhSAgCjW50j4t9VMXu-dRhVYauz3fOpwk_womSwbXwA92Du9=w1229-h879-s-no-gm

SCHAFFERNOCKER

PR Addict
I miss your photo galleries @1foxracing, I have so many memories saved from your lens view.

I like seeing the woods guys come to the track, its got to feel so good passing everyone with a big ass fuel tank and the opposite suspension setup.

Mcaupp22

PR Addict
How about Todd Krieg... remember watching him rip at 62
Todd Kreig did very well at the nationals and I remember seeing him for the first time at malvern like who is this guy but from then on I paid closer attention. Very sad it ended the way it did for him getting paralyzed I believe it was a bike malfunction that caused the crash

Meister

PR Founding Father
I miss your photo galleries @1foxracing, I have so many memories saved from your lens view.

I like seeing the woods guys come to the track, its got to feel so good passing everyone with a big ass fuel tank and the opposite suspension setup.
Yeah, Trevor Maley went by me at OIR like i was stuck in first gear. At first i didn't realize it was him but realized the second time he went by lol. Big old enduro rear fender and a big tank. I was like holy crap!

Romanyak256

PR Addict
Jimmy Jarret for the gncc and Scott P,
AP, sellards, Gibson and gracyk for Mx and amateur id say rife, bowers, walker bright well and Justin weeks we all top of the prospects when in the amateur scene.

1foxracing

PR Addict

Thanks, I've been living with stage 4 Cancer the past 2.5 years so I'm probably finished taking any more pics. The past couple years I did take race pics at Beans by loading myself up on Narcotic pain killers to make it through the day. I hate taking that s**t and can't stand the feeling of being high. Watching all forms of motorcycle racing is what keeps me going today.

Meister

PR Founding Father
Thanks, I've been living with stage 4 Cancer the past 2.5 years so I'm probably finished taking any more pics. The past couple years I did take race pics at Beans by loading myself up on Narcotic pain killers to make it through the day. I hate taking that s**t and can't stand the feeling of being high. Watching all forms of motorcycle racing is what keeps me going today.
Dang man, sorry to hear.

RocketRobin

PR Founding Father
Jimmy Jarrett came up to RedBud Vet Fest one year while he was still racing the GNCC's and no one up there knew who he was. We may have had him out drinking the night before the race and he said "If I don't win tomorrow, it's you guys fault". Moto 1 in +25A class, he gets stuck in the gate on the drop, starts dead last behind everyone and proceeds to pass the entire field in 5 laps. The announcer is asking over the PA - "Who is this guy? Jimmy Jarrett, never heard of him but he sure is fast!"

That was a great weekend of fun!

Sellards was the guy before AP has passed Brock's accomplishments. It was so fun to go to Beans when BJ built the track for Brock and Team KTM to ride on, made all of appreciate what those guys can do. Having Langston and Sellards riding at your practice track, makes you realize how slow you really are. And don't forget to throw in the Quad Rider who would come up on you and scare you to death at the same time....... Tim Farr (I hated having a quad come up on me at Beans and pass me)

Fun times back in those days.

Fastest MXers from Ohio:
1. Aaron Plessinger
2. Brock Sellards
3. Gavin Gracyk
4. Tyler Bowers
5. Tim Farr

Honorable Mentions:
Jeff Gibson, Jason Luburgh, Levi Kilbarger, Michael Willard, Mark Burkhardt, Zach Ames, Willy Browning, Matt Barnes, David Hill, Tom Kelley, Charles Dunaway, Chris & David Whitcraft, Joey & Chris Leadbetter, Mike Katin, Joe Oehlof, Vincent & Logan Karnow, Jimmy Jarrett, Fred Andrews, Bo Bowman, Jimmy King, Justin Weeks, Walker Brightwell…
Carter Gray is well on his way, Blake Pressdee, like so many other kids were fast on minis that never translated. A lot of others made nationals but I’m named out. I came into the sport in 2001, so my knowledge of the speedsters prior to 2001 I can’t really recall.

Last edited:

John250

PR Founding Father
Fastest MXers from Ohio:
1. Aaron Plessinger
2. Brock Sellards
3. Gavin Gracyk
4. Tyler Bowers
5. Tim Farr

Honorable Mentions:
Jeff Gibson, Jason Luburgh, Levi Kilbarger, Michael Willard, Mark Burkhardt, Zach Ames, Willy Browning, Matt Barnes, David Hill, Tom Kelley, Charles Dunaway, Chris & David Whitcraft, Joey & Chris Leadbetter, Mike Katin, Joe Oehlof, Vincent & Logan Karnow, Jimmy Jarrett, Fred Andrews, Bo Bowman, Jimmy King, Justin Weeks, Walker Brightwell…
Carter Gray is well on his way, Blake Pressdee, like so many other kids were fast on minis that never translated. A lot of others made nationals but I’m named out. I came into the sport in 2001, so my knowledge of the speedsters prior to 2001 I can’t really recall.
A few left off. Greg Rand, Josh Steele, Mark Mussleman.