'24 Loretta Lynns

nitrofish

PR Addict
No pitbikes down here is pretty sweet. It’s funny how it has changed the camping location strategy. We usually camp in stagecoach but opted to avoid the hill for mountain bike commuting. Everyone else musta thought the same thing. Plenty of parking on the hill but not much in the lower lots upon arrival Wednesday.

John250

PR Founding Father
That's awesome not pit bikes. That gives me hope that the info I received about the mini O's going no pit bikes is correct as well. Must have been some insurance settlements that have changed the pit bike policy.

John250

PR Founding Father
Looks like Loretta's is going to be a hot one for sure.

Screenshot_20240728_162350_Chrome.jpg

bruceb

PR Addict
Did the Regionals on it !!
I assumed that he did. It would not be wise to change programs for the national race. Unfortunately, with 2 grand daughters playing club volleyball, my trips to the track have been greatly reduced (to none in a few years) From his regional results, he appears to have speed with the 2 stroke. Hopefully he is like Steve Roman at Steel City; Steve turned faster laps at Steel City on his YZ-250 than he did on his YZ-450f.

bruceb

PR Addict
I realize that it is only practice (cue the Allen Iverson video), but it appears MB means business.

Rank
Racer Laptime
Fastest
empty.png

empty.png
1st
KTM
MIKE BROWN
Bristol, TN
Lap
1:55.125
1:53.279
empty.png

empty.png
2nd
Husqvarna
JEFF EMIG
RIVERSIDE, CA
Lap
2:02.982
2:01.164
empty.png

empty.png
3rd
Suzuki
BARRY CARSTEN
bayville, NJ
Lap
2:10.367
2:10.367
empty.png

empty.png
4th
Husqvarna
JAMES MAX
ELIZABETHTOWN, PA
Lap
2:19.295
2:16.428

SCHAFFERNOCKER

PR Addict
New Oakley Golden Goggle Award - Fastest lap time of the week at the ranch will be cool to see who wins!

Vet +30 Phil Harris has been putting in the Shred MX work and its going to pay off for him this week with the temps and two classes.

John250

PR Founding Father
I still call bullshit on guys like Brown, Emig, Carsten, and others in 50+ and 40+ at an "amateur" national. They've had their glory days. They need a Vet Pro class for these guy, call it a legends class or whatever. But no guy that has worked 8-5 his whole life she have to complete with guys like Brown and Emig who still do nothing but ride motorcycles. Just my opinion, but it is a amateur national where in that name do you see former pro?

bruceb

PR Addict
I still call bullshit on guys like Brown, Emig, Carsten, and others in 50+ and 40+ at an "amateur" national.
I agree that they need to find a way to add a Pro Vet or Legends class, but until they do the rules allow them to compete in the non-sportsman classes. In my opinion, Loretta's lost its claim as an amateur event once contingency programs came into play and, more recently, when they started allowing Pro Sport racers to race 3 AMA pro events and still compete at Loretta's.

Meister

PR Founding Father
I wont keep posting about it, but ill say this...

+25 Vet Pro - Anyone who has made the fast 40.

Every other vet class should have NO fast 40 riders in it. Super simple. Wouldn't hear me bitch ever again. Not saying they need any a-b-c designation for all these age classes. Simply no fast 40 guys. This would create a real amature playing field for an amature national and also give the browns and emigs a place to still ride Lorettas.