Trump daddy

NQ1965

PR Elite
Love It!
----------------
Sen. Mike Braun: Let's drain the swamp and end taxpayer-funded congressional pensions

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/sen-mike-braun-lets-drain-the-swamp-and-end-taxpayer-funded-congressional-pensions

By Mike Braun

Published February 12, 2019

Fox News
Before my election to the U.S. Senate last year, I spent 37 years building a business in my hometown of Jasper, Indiana. Since taking office, I’ve found one thing abundantly clear: Main Street works and Washington is completely dysfunctional.

On Friday, the government could shut down again because Congress can’t find a solution to address the humanitarian and security crisis on our southern border. That’s why this week I’m introducing my End Pensions in Congress (EPIC) Act.

This legislation is similar to my, “No Budget, No Pay” proposal which would bar Congress from getting paid if they fail to pass a budget on time. It’s absurd that Congress continues to reward itself for its inaction, which would never fly in the private sector.

As pensions continue to be phased out in favor of 401(k) and other savings plans for American workers, hundreds of congressmen and senators still receive an annual taxpayer-funded pension.

For example, career politician Nancy Pelosi has been in Congress for 33 years and if she were to retire today, she would qualify for a six-figure taxpayer-funded pension paid each year. These generous congressional perks incentivize political survival over bold leadership and it’s time we end this congressional benefit for everyone.

To make Washington work more like the Heartland of America, congressmen and senators should rely on their Thrift Savings Plan -- the government equivalent of a private sector 401(k).

Additionally, I will uphold my promise to forgo my congressional pension and if Washington bureaucrats force me to accept a pension because of their interpretation of the law, I pledge to follow President Trump’s lead and donate every penny of my pension on a quarterly basis to charities across Indiana.

Our job in Congress is to serve the American people, and not enrich ourselves with special taxpayer-funded benefits. By ending congressional taxpayer-funded pensions, we will take one more step toward draining the swamp in Washington.

hershey

PR Elite
Bull s**t. Not one bill ever introduced like this is meant to pass. The Congress people who introduce them know there is no way the bill will ever pass. It's another political stunt to gain more votes.

NQ1965

PR Elite
Can't argue with that. But I'm a believer that control is something that comes and go's, and silence is acceptance.

The United States Government becoming such a massively F'd-up mess is the reason that Trump got elected. Ten years ago, Trump wouldn't of made it past the primaries. It took politics and government bureaucracy being so out of control to bring this about. And to my understanding this is what eventually leads to Revolution's. Trump getting elected was a sort of revolt by the people.

And thank God that Trump has had the balls to stick to his guns on issues, and is so honest where others in Congress would or could never be. Trump has pulled back the curtain and exposed just how bad these politicians and public officials are.

The voice and the vote are powerful, and the more general public is educated as to what is going on, the more the power and control swings.
It sickens my stomach at times to see the s**t that is going on, especially when they carry on as though we are so stupid and powerless and will sit idly by and do nothing.

I'm all for any American willing to step out like Trump has, especially when they call out the crooks and liars. But what really scares me is all of the screwed up American citizens that think all of this mess is ok.

You're correct. Those Bills will be dead on arrival. But let's wait and see how well it goes over when more Americans keep losing their Pensions while these politicians get theirs on our dime.

Public and private Pensions are in deep trouble all across the United States. There will be public outrage.

Last edited:

hershey

PR Elite
Trump won't get re elected. They screwed up the first time, they won't let it happen again. Then it will be business as usual.

John250

PR Founding Father
Trump threw the Hammer down today, and the democrats are freaking out, because they have lost again. Who cares what Nancy and Chuck are rambling about. This is absolutely a National Emergency. This is about protecting our borders from invasions of foreigners from our south, drugs, gangs, human trafficking, etc.

Over 60 times Presidents have used National Emergencies since 1976. Most for MUCH less than border security. No court has ever over ruled a President in their ability to do this, and like I said for MUCH less. The president has the ability to reallocate funds. President Trump knows exactly what he is doing, and he knows he has the legal grounds to do it.

Once again, this will go to court, but once again, President Trump will win. The Democrats can not believe how in the hell, this guy that they feel knows nothing about politics and was not smart enough to get elected is doing this. President Trump is playing by their rules, and using the tools that they (house and senate) have put in place to kick their a***s and get what he needs to the benefit of the American people. He is beating them at their own game, and they are furious.

#MAGA

Double D

PR Founding Father
Trump threw the Hammer down today, and the democrats are freaking out, because they have lost again. Who cares what Nancy and Chuck are rambling about. This is absolutely a National Emergency. This is about protecting our borders from invasions of foreigners from our south, drugs, gangs, human trafficking, etc.

Over 60 times Presidents have used National Emergencies since 1976. Most for MUCH less than border security. No court has ever over ruled a President in their ability to do this, and like I said for MUCH less. The president has the ability to reallocate funds. President Trump knows exactly what he is doing, and he knows he has the legal grounds to do it.

Once again, this will go to court, but once again, President Trump will win. The Democrats can not believe how in the hell, this guy that they feel knows nothing about politics and was not smart enough to get elected is doing this. President Trump is playing by their rules, and using the tools that they (house and senate) have put in place to kick their a***s and get what he needs to the benefit of the American people. He is beating them at their own game, and they are furious.

#MAGA
This is a breakthrough I think I finally agree with you. Ha ha

NQ1965

PR Elite
https://www.foxnews.com/transcript/...-action-to-secure-funding-for-his-border-wall

Rush Limbaugh gave a good interview on Fox News Sunday. Strongly makes the point that Trump has the Law on his side.

I also seen where past Virginia Governor and long time Clinton partner/supporter Terry McAuliffe is lining up to run in 2020. He's probably the candidate with the most potential for damage to the election as he operates from the same playbook as the Clintons and corrupt side of the Democratic party. Trump will have to fight dirty to deal with these types.

Someone maybe needs to step away from engaging with those useful idiots at PBS? :rolleyes:

In the past I usually felt that PBS News Hour gave fairly balanced coverage of the issues. But as of late, my shoe has hit the television more than once over their coverage of Trump and the issues. Particularly when reports come from PBS News contributor Yamiche Alcindor. She is no fan of Trump, and Trump is no fan of hers.

Last edited:

NQ1965

PR Elite
America one news. Something like that check it out

Wow, Love their live Illegal Immigration calculator !!!!!

One America News Network
https://www.oann.com/

upload_2019-2-19_11-57-44.png

Last edited:

Double D

PR Founding Father
36 billion a year? That’s way cheaper than 8 billion forever. Those dems are smart. Nancy and Cortez or whatever should be president Yeah both of them. Maybe between them they can come up with half a brain.

k01

PR Elite
They as in dems....
Establishment Republican reps vamoosed to cede the House to the Democrats. Finally the Dems are showing their true radical nature and are in the process of self destructing. The "they" we need fear are the are the remaining establishment Republicans in both houses of Congress. They can again ignore their constituents in an attempt to defeat Trump, the outlier.

John250

PR Founding Father
I dont think the establishment of my party is smart enough to give up seats to show the Democrats weaknesses.

I do believe there is a group of establishment Republicans that are anti-trumpers from day one. I believe they resist as much as they can also. They are sending a message to any other "outsider", dont try to do what trump did.....and jump into our club from the outside You've not "earned" it and we will destroy you if you try it.

I honestly believe many within the establishment have this opinion. I can tell you stories of how sensitive some of these elected officials are. And the longer I am in politics i've Iearned three things. You treat them with respect, they put their pants on just like you, and unfortunately you actually really dont have to be real smart or sharp to win elected office.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
Establishment Republican reps vamoosed to cede the House to the Democrats. Finally the Dems are showing their true radical nature and are in the process of self destructing. The "they" we need fear are the are the remaining establishment Republicans in both houses of Congress. They can again ignore their constituents in an attempt to defeat Trump, the outlier.
Yea you say that. Make it sound like there no way a dumboshat can get re-elected. And then we got AOC flapping her gums as the jackass she is. Explain that one is they’re self destructing ? Someone is still voting for the dumbasses!!!m

Hey John you don’t have to be smart to be a surgeon either. Just need enough time and money. You’ll eventually get there.

John250

PR Founding Father
Georgie.....thanks for the info, lol. I prefer my Surgeons be very smart. I can handle dumb politicians. But surgeons I prefer smart guys. Real smart ones.