Must Read...Ask the experts!

hershey

PR Elite
Too late last night and too busy this am.

So I am asking the MXperts ....

How do I make more time for myself??

ck1racerx

PR Addict
Is PA dirt different in 2016? Been over 10 years since I've been on PA dirt. What psi front and rear (fat-ish and prone to flats) on my Dunlop 32's? Best gate at PVR? Holeshot device or not off concrete? I forget how since Jason demo'd Malvern's concrete. Should I set my sag for this one? It probably doesn't matter because it's not SSS suspension. Lol
I will take this one... PA dirt sucks, cause its in PA, Move. 13 psi always and everywhere until you are fast enough to know better. Best gate is ALWAYS on the inside. Holeshot device are for pussies. Learn clutch control and you can start on any surface.
Now sag that's a totally different animal. Is it static or load? If load is it full load? with gear? seated in the correct spot? On the balls of your feet? Is the fuel set level at the start of the moto or end? What is the barometric pressure? Are you measuring in metric or standard? What is the increment of the device you are using? How many clicks do you have compression set at? What about spring rate, is it stock? Progressive or standard spring rate? What weight oil are you using? air pressure in the tires? is someone holding you up? where is he holding you? Forks affect sag so what oil you got in the forks? Air pressure in the forks? are they stock? what type of track are you wanting to ride on that day? Will there be a need to seat bounce anything? Are braking bumps on that track square edge or rounded? Is the seat foam stock or heavy? do you plan on eating after the measurement? How much mud weight will be added to the bike during racing conditions?
Yeah, you cant just willy nilly ask for a sag setting and walk away.... Man, do we have to teach you everything....

BJ@Beansbikepark

PR Founding Father
image.jpg

Hey experts should I leave it tracked in or should back blade it to make it more smooth? And I'm thinking about going back to EZ Widers from zig zags?

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
Looks good. Are you gonna take my money at the gate or send me home ? It's a 2.5 hour drive. I don't wanna waste all that gas to be sent home.

BJ@Beansbikepark

PR Founding Father
Come on down . I don't hate ya , I'm just having fun. If you come down Georgie , when I get the pitbitch t shirts made up you'll get the first one. All joke s aside I would like for you to come down and see what I've been doing here, and how much I really do care about this sport.

TwentyThreeMX

PR Founding Father
im making a fresh batch of pit bitch stickers! lol!! dont think chuck would approve of that but i bet bj would take a few.. lol. slap them on all the experts bikes!!!!

trent56mx

PR Addict
I have been reading the most recent post's and threads....Seems like we need a New Forum titled
ASK THE EXPERTS....I Am nominating DAVE Smith ,George,and John 250....This is for those3 just to have their own forum and they can just respond to all and every topic because well they do anyway...Here is how it will work.Say jason or any other track owner is deciding on track changes...They will go to the "ASK THE EXPERTS" forum and relay the changes they are making and all 3 can chirp in on the "right way" to do it and the "right angles" of the jumps....Or say the OMA schedule for 2017 is on the books ..JO and Jason can go to"ask the experts" and "The experts" can make the moto friendly points paying schedule up themselves so it's done the"right way" ...And "ask the experts " is not limited to the track changes and schedule...It can be anything...Track changes,The best fork rebuilder in the area,Ryan dungey smack,how to set up a sting operation,How mulch is good or bad for a track,How much sand to use....ITS OPEN TO ALL TOPICS!!!! I was gonna name it "ask the pitbitch's " but I dont think Chuck would let it fly....So if your a pitracer newbi or a seasoned vet...Go ahead and chime in on this the more people we get to respond the quicker the NEW FORUM will start and we can like enjoy pitracer again with out every freaking topic being high jacked by those 3"experts" ......this is all In good fun..to lighted the damn mood on here! bring on the sunny weather and get out there and ride!!!!!!
Being overly opinionated about anything and everything doesn't equate to expert to me either.... you cracked me up with this one.