SAVE THE DATE: September 2nd-3rd, 2017!

Friday:

Evening Vintge 80cc race on the mini track

Racing: Sat/Sun

AHRMA Vintage & Post Vintage National Classes
Promoter Support Classes
Special Event Races

Practice: Mon
Monday- Annual Labor Day Open Practice (Modern bikes)

Last edited:
FOR SURE!

In addition to the AHRMA classes there will be promoter classes for bikes up to 1999 on the main track and a Vintage Mini race for kids and adults (I'm building a 79 KX80) on Friday night on the mini track near the pro pits. Bike and Age (30+, 40+, 50+) classes will be available, lots of opportunities to ride!

AHRMA will have full and weekend licenses for those who want run in the AHRMA National Classes. For National classes your bike will need to pass AHRMA tech inspection. For those interested in doing other AHRMA events it is much cheaper to get a license in advance and pre-register online through Series Tracker: https://seriestracker.com/or/r_login.asp?PID=14

AHRMA members will get both National and Great Lakes regional points at RedBud.

Class descriptions and bike requirements can be found in the AHRMA RULE BOOK:
http://www.ahrma.org/ahrma_pdfs/Z-2016/Forms/16_Handbook_web.pdf

Are they doing practice on Friday?

It's not on the current schedule. There was a track prep concern regarding having an open practice before the Vintage (74 and earlier) National race classes on Saturday. Tim wanted to start with the track as packed and firm as possible on Saturday for the short travel, down pipe bikes to have optimum race conditions. They would have to rip and water the track on Friday evening after the long travel bikes practice which would cause the track to be softer and rut up deeper on Saturday. The compromise was to eliminate Friday practice on the main track.

Red Bud is open on Monday after the AHRMA National, so vintage riders can also bring modern bikes, kids etc.

IMG_4157.JPG

Jason - I am a bit confused my Ultima 83 CR is 2 motos like a normal AHRMA race on Sunday right? This is for non AHRMA and if so does that mean my buddies that ride 97 bikes will ride only one moto each day but the classes are Evo, Ino, Trans, and the age classes right? The age classes then include all of those bike in the non AHRMA races correct?

Jason - I am a bit confused my Ultima 83 CR is 2 motos like a normal AHRMA race on Sunday right? This is for non AHRMA and if so does that mean my buddies that ride 97 bikes will ride only one moto each day but the classes are Evo, Ino, Trans, and the age classes right? The age classes then include all of those bike in the non AHRMA races correct?

All AHRMA classes will run as usual. So yes, there will be two motos for your CR on Sunday in AHRMA ULTIMA.

Schedule: AHRMA Vintage classes, two motos on Saturday. AHRMA Post Vintage classes, two motos on Sunday.

ONLY Non-AHRMA Promoter Classes are one moto per day. If you sign up for for two classes, for example: Innovation Intermediate and 40+ you will still get to run two motos, one from each class. The Promoter Support AGE Classes are for any eligible Support Class bike, EVO/INO/TRANS. The awards for the Support Classes will be given out on Sunday after the second motos are completed.

ALSO, any AHRMA racer can sign up for the Support Classes too in order to get more track time.

Looking forward to it. Promoter classes for me again, just like I've been doing at Unadilla the past few years.

Kinda weird that there is a promoter class for 1983 and older bikes. Those would be AHRMA eligible, maybe they are worried about people not wanting to join AHRMA?

Kinda weird that there is a promoter class for 1983 and older bikes. Those would be AHRMA eligible, maybe they are worried about people not wanting to join AHRMA?

Three words: FRONT DISK BRAKE!...

For those who want to experience an AHRMA National race class, on an eligible bike, there will be weekend memberships available.

We'll have knowledgeable staff at registration to assist in class selection, but no matter what class you race, it should be great fun!

Back