AHRMA National at Red Bud 2017

Yeah, a highlight of my racing career, I got the hole shot against Jeff Stanton! lol don't matter that he come flying by me the next corner. What a great guy! Waited for me and Dave Bernard after the race and gave a fist pump to Dave and me a thumbs up!

Stanton on the 81 YZ125

21248521_10155863374488814_186479971017627588_o.jpg

Last edited:
Had a blast, everything went as well or better than expected, thanks for all the PIT RACER support, some fast dudes here Babs jr (aka Skippy) was ripping on the 125, MX 123 was hanging with Stanton for first lap or so, Pit was clearing the back table with ease. And weather that was perfect. Nice turnout for a first year event, 340 AHRMA + support riders. The best $20 dinner you'll ever get. The Ambulance guys never moved, think they slept through the weekend, big thanks to Tim Ritchie the track prep was perfect for vintage guys. Thanks to all who came out, thinking about RED BUD 2018 any suggestions?

Last edited:
How stinkin cool to race with Jeff Stanton.
If I was next to him on the line, I'd be like ....baa-daa hey Jeff ..bla -daa wow's it going? bla-daa....I had a poster of you in my room ..baa-daa ummm.

I think that race in the UK would be a great trip...all those legends. And we just saw how fast Mike Brown still is so you know they'll still rip!

Didnt he do a school at Smith Road 100 years ago? I swear I talked to him about the Pitts special plane he flys..

Didnt he do a school at Smith Road 100 years ago? I swear I talked to him about the Pitts special plane he flys..

Hannah - yes
Smith Rd, flies planes, MX school, 100 years old - Hannah

Hannah - not at RedBud - that was Stanton

Stanton - not 100 years old, no plane, no school.

Stanton - big red meat eater during his career - now vegan -

It was Bob Hanna. I remember talkin to him wit George at the smith road hotdog stand.

Thanks sharc.

Hannah - yes
Smith Rd, flies planes, MX school, 100 years old - Hannah

Hannah - not at RedBud - that was Stanton

Stanton - not 100 years old, no plane, no school.

Stanton - big red meat eater during his career - now vegan -
I saw Stanton race at kenworthy, COOPER was racing to. Jeff ward was standing next to us watching motos.

Everyone was yelling coooooper every time he went by!

Back