AHRMA National at Red Bud 2017

Three words: FRONT DISK BRAKE!...

For those who want to experience an AHRMA National race class, on an eligible bike, there will be weekend memberships available.

We'll have knowledgeable staff at registration to assist in class selection, but no matter what class you race, it should be great fun!
The " JASON - KAWASAKI" class

Here is the Promoter Class info from the website, it's a little clearer to read:
http://redbudmx.com/vintage/

RedBud Support Classes:

No memberships required to race. Pre-entries will open July 18; LINK WILL BE POSTED HERE. That’s Geno’s birthday; seemed like a good day to open entries for a Vintage race!

Pre-entries close Thursday, August 31. Pre-Entry fee: $45 for first class; $30 for second class. Post-Entry fee: $50 for first class; $35 for second class.

• Evolution (up to 1983)
    • Expert
    • Intermediate
    • Novice
  • Innovation (up to 1989)
    • Expert
    • Intermediate
    • Novice
  • Transition (up to 1999)
    • Expert
    • Intermediate
    • Novice
  • 30 Plus (Transition)
  • 40 Plus (Transition)
  • 50 Plus (Transition)
  • Modern bike youth classes – for registered Vintage racers’ kids only!
    • 85cc 10-15
    • Schoolboy 1
    • Schoolboy 2

So who is in for this?

I might signup for 3 promoter classes since we run moto 1 Sat and moto 2 Sun. I can handle 3 motos per day....heck I used to race 3 classes at LL regionals but that was like 10 years ago!

Just off our last event prep call with the folks at Red Bud, and wanted to make sure PIT RACERS were the most informed group:

Gates open noon Friday.

Steak dinner $20 Saturday night, buy tickets before racing Saturday.

Vintage bike display under the pavilion, plus MX on big screen

Pit Bike races Friday night, loose rules if you have a pit bike bring it

Main entry gate, all pits up top (no a or B lot)

No charge to camp Sunday night if you want to do open track day Monday

Same track configuration as Vet Fest, with vintage prep, hard smoother surface on Saturday for Vintage, and moderate dig/prep for Sunday Post Vintage.

Thanks for the info Mike. I am planning on coming up late Saturday. Will there be coffee/breakfast available for campers on Sunday AM?

Thanks for the info Mike. I am planning on coming up late Saturday. Will there be coffee/breakfast available for campers on Sunday AM?
They do have an onsite food and beverage operation, its pretty good... but I make better coffee so come find me and we will take care of you.

I was looking forward to this race but I will be unable to go dam . Gives me more time to get my 86 cr250 ready

Signed up yesterday online. Considered doing 3 classes but ended up just doing 2.

Am I the only one that was giggling signing up for the "transition" classes?

Funny, maybe it's because I just watched Silence of the Lambs again while working in the garage....

Looks like a perfect weather weekend.

Great track, nice turnout, Saturday night streak dinner, FUN, FUN , FUN

BYOB and bring extra to share with your friends

Hope to see a bunch of PIT RACERS out there..................

REDBUD LOGO.png

Fun time! Not a huge turnout like Unadilla, but decent and was very fun and done early. So I have some interesting stories....

First moto on Saturday I'm on the gate sitting and waiting...and some dude pulls up directly next to me on an '81 YZ125 and then looks at me and goes "how ya doin!?" I'm like good, uh, ok....who is this guy, why is he way late to the gate and why did he line up right next to me.....

Then I realize it's Jeff Stanton. So then I BS with him for a bit, tell him he should be racing +50 at LL and he said "absolutely no way." So then it's getting close to time to go and I start thinking -- here is Jeff Stanton right next to me on a 1981 YZ125 and I'm on a 1998 RM250. I'm going to friggin holeshot him I don't care how many National Titles he has I know how to turn the throttle and go in a straight line and I have a massive bike advantage.

Here we go, green light (they use light instead of card), gate drops, I rip out of there like it was the last gate drop of my life and I get in front of him to pinch him off going into the left sweeper! So into the first right hander me, Bernard153, Syme401, and Babet were all ahead of Stanton! But he dipped to the inside, railed the turns, and was in front of all of us by the ski jump....
What Jeff Stanton was doing, was actually borrowing bikes and lining up for a whole bunch of the first motos just to ride with everyone. So one moto he'd be out there on a dual shock Elsinore, another the YZ, etc. It was cool.

Then to top it off at the dinner Saturday night here he is sitting at a table eating just him and his two kids (one of whom I was battling with in another moto). So Kari and I sit down with him, Amy Richie and Todd Dehoop end up coming too and there I am eating dinner with all of them. Of course I told Jeff I now get to brag that I ripped a start on him at Red Bud and he laughed and said "oh yeah you were on the Suzuki right?"

BTW Todd Dehopp was doing Larocco's Leap every lap on a KX500. Totally awesome. And Todd is going to the UK (Farleigh Castle) in two weeks for the MX Vets Des Nations as part of Team USA with John Dowd, Doug Dubach, and Mike Brown.

So that was really all the "coolness" stuff of the weekend, but I did have something interesting happen on Sunday.....
So I'm in my first moto of the day, first lap, after Larocco's leap, heading toward the finish line......and a friggin bee or hornet or something goes in my mouth and stings me inside my upper lip! Saturday stories were much more pleasant!

Back