It's Regional Time!

I wouldn't say that at all. While it didn't run quite as fast sat as some I've been to it wasn't bad and Sunday went smooth. Every step I went through to get in the gate and sign up was quick and easy. I'm not sure what other people experienced to claim that.

No problem, again how many national tracks have you ridden on? Ive ridden High Point, Steel City, Ironman, Muddy Creek, Millville and Red Bud. The narrowest parts of all of those tracks are still wider than anything at CTMX. All Im saying is for a race with full gates of very fast riders it isnt optimal for passing. I didnt hear anyone who thought it was while I was there. Its great for the small kids but thats about it. For the local races, Battle series and Area qualies its great! You cant beat the event and grounds for sure. The down side is many riders wont return because of the price gouging and fair race track feel.

And as far as flagging, Ive done my share. For me to do that is out of the question, Instead you will have 4 class entries, 3 practice entries, 4 gate fees and 3 nights of camping. If I figured it right thats $365 Im donating to help Ohio MX. Not including the food and t shirts I'll buy.[/QUOT
No problem, again how many national tracks have you ridden on? Ive ridden High Point, Steel City, Ironman, Muddy Creek, Millville and Red Bud. The narrowest parts of all of those tracks are still wider than anything at CTMX. All Im saying is for a race with full gates of very fast riders it isnt optimal for passing. I didnt hear anyone who thought it was while I was there. Its great for the small kids but thats about it. For the local races, Battle series and Area qualies its great! You cant beat the event and grounds for sure. The down side is many riders wont return because of the price gouging and fair race track feel.

And as far as flagging, Ive done my share. For me to do that is out of the question, Instead you will have 4 class entries, 3 practice entries, 4 gate fees and 3 nights of camping. If I figured it right thats $365 Im donating to help Ohio MX. Not including the food and t shirts I'll buy.

I guess you feel your point should be validated by the fact you have ridden on the national tracks you mentions and that somehow makes you right but I think you have done a great job of confusing the disagreement. You originally made the claim that CTMX was narrow because the track wasn't 20' wide and usable. Now you are comparing it to High Point, Steel City, etc. I don't need to have ever ridden any of those tracks to read a tape measure and know that I am right.

I personally witnessed a lot of following this past weekend because kids wanted the fast line and didn't want to use a outside corner. Or better yet cutting the track! Just ask Knox! I watched him fix the hay bales numerous times in the corner he was flagging yesterday because kids didn't want to use the outer 15' of track to pass so they bulldozed the track barriers to start a new line. We have had lots of full gates in years past and the track held the riders just fine and some of those gates were when the track wasn't nearly as wide as it is now. I've never seen so many kids at one of our events docked for cutting the track as much as I seen this past weekend. I've also never seen so many nasty parents screaming at their kids...maybe thats the correlation? These kids are under so much pressure they are willing to cheat to keep from getting yelled at.

Sounds like you are just sour about your decision to attend a regional event and now looking for things to complain about to somehow feel better. Classic case of buyers remorse? Now its the money? lol! What did you expect to pay? Did you think you were going to roll in and pay the same price as you did the last time you were at CTMX? Cmon man! Really? Wasn't it you that just said we should have had more people on quads getting to riders? Well we did. We also had more in registration, staging, front gate, track maintenance, facility maintenance, security, extra equipment and thats just to name a few. Where do you think we should get the money to pay for all this extra staffing and expenses? You seem like a smart guy so i'm disappointed at the fact that you feel like we were price gouging when we were on par with all the regional events. I would expect more from such a seasoned rider as yourself...you know, since you have ridden on national tracks and all.

As to the $25 to $10 primitive camping change, that was adjusted before anyone purchased those passes so no one over paid compared to the next.

Gotta love the Monday morning keyboard warriors that have all the answers.

Here we go again with the track isn't wide enough! You ask for three sections that are 20' and usable? Just as a quick reference the three overhead banner canopies are 24' wide. I think people look at the track and because its not spread out over 50 acres everyone thinks its narrow. In order to be considered for a area or regional event you must have a minimum of 20' of "usable" track all the way around so obviously we met that requirement.

As far as flagger go...I'd like to invite you to come help in a few weeks at our Battle race.

Just because a track is a certain width doesn't mean it races that wide. One of the draw backs to Chilitown has been the the nature of the zig zagging sections where inside to inside to inside is the by far the fastest line. The guy taking the slower line never has a chance to pull ahead and make the pass stick because those sections are so short.

Go race somewhere like Red Bud and understand that you can pass someone without being close to them.

Of course Knox makes it all sound easy without actually showing us.

I guess you feel your point should be validated by the fact you have ridden on the national tracks you mentions and that somehow makes you right but I think you have done a great job of confusing the disagreement. You originally made the claim that CTMX was narrow because the track wasn't 20' wide and usable. Now you are comparing it to High Point, Steel City, etc. I don't need to have ever ridden any of those tracks to read a tape measure and know that I am right.

I personally witnessed a lot of following this past weekend because kids wanted the fast line and didn't want to use a outside corner. Or better yet cutting the track! Just ask Knox! I watched him fix the hay bales numerous times in the corner he was flagging yesterday because kids didn't want to use the outer 15' of track to pass so they bulldozed the track barriers to start a new line. We have had lots of full gates in years past and the track held the riders just fine and some of those gates were when the track wasn't nearly as wide as it is now. I've never seen so many kids at one of our events docked for cutting the track as much as I seen this past weekend. I've also never seen so many nasty parents screaming at their kids...maybe thats the correlation? These kids are under so much pressure they are willing to cheat to keep from getting yelled at.

Sounds like you are just sour about your decision to attend a regional event and now looking for things to complain about to somehow feel better. Classic case of buyers remorse? Now its the money? lol! What did you expect to pay? Did you think you were going to roll in and pay the same price as you did the last time you were at CTMX? Cmon man! Really? Wasn't it you that just said we should have had more people on quads getting to riders? Well we did. We also had more in registration, staging, front gate, track maintenance, facility maintenance, security, extra equipment and thats just to name a few. Where do you think we should get the money to pay for all this extra staffing and expenses? You seem like a smart guy so i'm disappointed at the fact that you feel like we were price gouging when we were on par with all the regional events. I would expect more from such a seasoned rider as yourself...you know, since you have ridden on national tracks and all.

As to the $25 to $10 primitive camping change, that was adjusted before anyone purchased those passes so no one over paid compared to the next.

Gotta love the Monday morning keyboard warriors that have all the answers.

My post specifically said more than 20' wide AND useable. I have no buyers remorse, I simply don't agree that the track itself was regional worthy. Everything else, besides the outrageous costs compared to other regionals, was fantastic. The extra money comes from the 890 ish rider entries compared to a normal 3-400 turnout.

Hey, no sweat off my back. The kids had fun, the weather was great and I spent time with family and friends. To each their own.

Keyboard warrior # 2,765,832 out

While there are many keyboard warriors, I can assure you that Hershey is not.

He's just A warrior. Lol

I don't have a dime in this so my opinion doesn't really matter. However, I completely understand what 20' of useable track actually means. I had 50' wide sections on my personal track. We used the two inside lines every single lap of the 2,000,000 made. Lol

Knox, I'll be impressed if your old ass can keep up with your mouth/warrior fingers. Lol I'll even offer up my 450 if we're at the same track and +65 isn't the same Moto as +30. That way you can't say your under powered. Since you dropped weight, my suspension should be perfect for you too. It's set up for fat old washed up vet riders like myself. Lol

There were 106 tickets to the ranch given out Sunday to riders that had no problem finding usable track. Its funny how things work. I had a guy Saturday cussing me about how much the track sucked and how we are clueless on how to run an event blah blah blah. Sunday the same guy came up, shook my hand and apologized to me saying the stress of the event had gotten to him. He went on to say that the place was top notch and everyone had worked their a***s off and it showed. My point in all of this is its always the tracks fault when little Johnny doesn't perform but when he does its all smiles and compliments.

My post specifically said more than 20' wide AND useable. I have no buyers remorse, I simply don't agree that the track itself was regional worthy. Everything else, besides the outrageous costs compared to other regionals, was fantastic. The extra money comes from the 890 ish rider entries compared to a normal 3-400 turnout.

Hey, no sweat off my back. The kids had fun, the weather was great and I spent time with family and friends. To each their own.

Keyboard warrior # 2,765,832 out

As a comparison here are the numbers for those that like facts:
upload_2017-6-13_1-14-51.png

upload_2017-6-13_1-15-39.png

Why when people state THEIR opinion about a track, cost, operation or anything about a track every promoter get so butt hurt? It is their opinion, and they have a right to it.

I learned a long time ago when I first got into politics, everyone has an opinion. They may not agree with you but they still have their opinion. Just like a politician, you're probably better off reading those opinions possibly learning something from those opinions but never responding to them. It'll be a lot less stressful for you. And at the end of the day you may learn something about your event or organization.

Back