It's Regional Time!

Nathan Ramsey, Mike Brown, Robbie Reynard - all trying for the ranch this year in +40.
Grewe is going to have some competition....should be a great 3 moto's in +40.
Don't forget Barry Carsten, Keith Johnson, Pedro Gonzalez......the class is stacked.

Why when people state THEIR opinion about a track, cost, operation or anything about a track every promoter get so butt hurt? It is their opinion, and they have a right to it.

I learned a long time ago when I first got into politics, everyone has an opinion. They may not agree with you but they still have their opinion. Just like a politician, you're probably better off reading those opinions possibly learning something from those opinions but never responding to them. It'll be a lot less stressful for you. And at the end of the day you may learn something about your event or organization.

Stating opinion is one thing but arguing things that aren't fact is another. Stating a track doesn't have enough "usable" track surface is your opinion. Stating a track is less than 20' wide without actually knowing for sure is a guess. Same goes for cost, saying the price is outrageous and you were mugged at the is your opinion; stating we charged more than the other regionals is a bogus statement.

Did I have a few people come to me throughout the weekend voicing their opinions? Yes, but I told them all the same thing; "I'm sorry you feel that way". We also had people making claims that weren't true to try and get their way or in some cases to get people fired up in hopes to get more people backing their claim so they could overwhelm us in hopes we would change our process. One example of this was the amount of riders taken per class. We can only take 64 and we had people claiming they took 78 in some classes at Englishtown, NJ. Mike Pelletier was at both Englishtown and CTMX and he quickly debunked that claim. People will say and try anything to get people fired up in hopes they will get behind them and push.

Chillitown has always been a track that listens to opinions and improves upon them but one thing I won't stand for (and I know Jeremy won't either) is people making claims about CTMX that aren't true.

Were there things that we did that we could have done better? Absolutely! I don't know any track that could hold a perfect regional event their first try.

Stating opinion is one thing but arguing things that aren't fact is another. Stating a track doesn't have enough "usable" track surface is your opinion. Stating a track is less than 20' wide without actually knowing for sure is a guess. Same goes for cost, saying the price is outrageous and you were mugged at the is your opinion; stating we charged more than the other regionals is a bogus statement.

Did I have a few people come to me throughout the weekend voicing their opinions? Yes, but I told them all the same thing; "I'm sorry you feel that way". We also had people making claims that weren't true to try and get their way or in some cases to get people fired up in hopes to get more people backing their claim so they could overwhelm us in hopes we would change our process. One example of this was the amount of riders taken per class. We can only take 64 and we had people claiming they took 78 in some classes at Englishtown, NJ. Mike Pelletier was at both Englishtown and CTMX and he quickly debunked that claim. People will say and try anything to get people fired up in hopes they will get behind them and push.

Chillitown has always been a track that listens to opinions and improves upon them but one thing I won't stand for (and I know Jeremy won't either) is people making claims about CTMX that aren't true.

Were there things that we did that we could have done better? Absolutely! I don't know any track that could hold a perfect regional event their first try.

I was glad to see the improvement from day to day.

I spoke with AMA officials and things we discussed were noted and were corrected. I can't complain about that.

The facility was fantastic. I was pissy about the price jump compared to the normal price structure, but I see that its comparative to other regionals. That combined with the atmosphere that was had, I can no longer bitch about it.
As far as the cow path, I tried to get my boy to go to the other lines, when he didn't that is no ones fault but his and mine.

I wasn't thrilled about the track being shortened, as it cut out the part where we feel my boy could have made up time, but it was that way from the beginning and not changed in the middle of the program. So it is what it is.

I hope my boy gets this far next year, and I hope that Chillitown gets another go at it. Myself, my family, my friends and most importantly my son all had a fantastic weekend.

Watch this vid - it's Ironman - from a few years back.
Since then, they've slowed it down a bunch but the personality has remained.

You can notice how well the track races - and I found this to be the case in my motos there as well.

Excellent layout.

Hoping to. Son has a baseball tournament all weekend but I may skip out on Sunday and have some 1-2-5 time

Come to briarcliff....I got some rollers from 1985.....
IMG_0570.JPG

Did you take that damn S turn section out? JO, that created nothing but inside to inside racing. Hate that section.

I know how much you value my opiniom!!!!

Big G -outs.
That's what slows us down.
Many good tracks use them.
The track they use at the ranch is a constant deluge of obstacles designed to make you lose rhythm.

Where are they at on the track at BC?
Should be cool - new stuff - Yeah!

Back