Battle live timing link??

JO, obviously you can't throw a yellow flag. There really is not an answer for it, and it could have been a KTM 65 rolling the jump just as well. It is racing.

I guess it's more of a parent thing. The battle series has some damn fast 65 sr. Riders in it, and a kid on a trail 70 didn't belong on the track with them. Just my opinion, but I would rather see that kid in the 50 at. Class for safety reasons, not age....for that very reason. But once again, just my opinion.

Well, I was there!!!

Heard a birdie call this site Pissracer in the sign up trailer Lmao...

I want to say that I really had a great time racing this weekend, practice day was fun too. I believe the format is fantastic as is and the facility is top of the charts for sure. The bling around the track is amazing as well, there are around 50 country flags around the inside track viewing area, flowers planted, hell, the landscaping is better than most houses.

The signup process is easy and relatively quick with friendly, helpful people. You always know when your race is up with great announcing, plenty of speakers around and a radio broadcast that actually works correctly. The flagging seemed much better than the regional so either I didnt pay as much attention or most likely they stepped up the game.

There were only 2 things that I heard people complaining about, and I agree with both. Too long a day and mid day track prep.

The length of the day can be tackled many ways to shorten the day. First off CTMX did a good job of starting each day when they were supposed to, I know it was really close to each days starting times but make it start exactly when its supposed to, if nobody is up there for practice the clock starts anyway. Start the next moto like they did on practice day, but the big thing I see where they could speed the day up is mid day prep.

I was moto 8, after moto 7 they watered the track heavily .... without touching it with a tractor, turned the place into an ice skating rink. They did a couple full prep sessions too but the times they simply watered the track was overkill making for a lot of crashes.... they even did this to the PW50 kids. Lincoln trail has this down to a science, all day, every moto, they simply mist a section of track as the last rider in each moto goes by. They work their way around the track all day non stop. And Im talking just a light mist, enough to make the dirt stay dark, not get wet and slick. Periodically they hit certain sections with a tractor and full water, again one small section at a time as the last rider in a class goes by. The racing never really stops for prep. The track really stayed great all day and what CTMX did worked great for that.

Class structure is a dead horse, nobody wants to give up their trophies and tracks need the money to operate. BTW ...the trophies this weekend were awesome!!!

What really surprised me though were the amount if vet riders I know who made LL and didnt come to CTMX for a good gate drop with fast riders????

Thanks to Chillitown for a great weekend of riding, racing and getting so many friends together to hang out with!!

BTW.... I wont complain about the long day for a race series like this.

I will second that, the sign up went smooth. I pre reg. the boy.We got his transponder, signed our papers and picked up his packet in about 5 mins time.

Well I suppose you just sign up for 3 classes and settle in for a long day. If there's competition race till it's dark.

Escore needs to get their s**t together. Have a back up computer.

We had great family time this weekend which is most important! I'll admit I grew impatient on Sunday, long day the heat didn't help. We always love the Saturdays, good practice, love watching and seeing our quad buddies race. I wish we had a camper to stay, we never want to head to the hotel. Pitbike race was cool to see 42 crazy fools from 10 yrs old to 40! Looked like a blast! Nice little prize bag for the boy with his win. We prepare for the long Sunday race day, Chilli is notoriously famous for it, no biggie. A thought, move the riders meeting to 7:30 am before practice. My only real complaint is the hose watering between motos on the blue grooved areas. I seen several crashes at the little tunnel coming from the back section. Sign up for us was super quick and easy. Escore is the major problem here! Good weekend! Thanks to the entire staff and OMA for giving us great moto. We can't wait for the next round at Briarcliff MX!

We had great family time this weekend which is most important! I'll admit I grew impatient on Sunday, long day the heat didn't help. We always love the Saturdays, good practice, love watching and seeing our quad buddies race. I wish we had a camper to stay, we never want to head to the hotel. Pitbike race was cool to see 42 crazy fools from 10 yrs old to 40! Looked like a blast! Nice little prize bag for the boy with his win. We prepare for the long Sunday race day, Chilli is notoriously famous for it, no biggie. A thought, move the riders meeting to 7:30 am before practice. My only real complaint is the hose watering between motos on the blue grooved areas. I seen several crashes at the little tunnel coming from the back section. Sign up for us was super quick and easy. Escore is the major problem here! Good weekend! Thanks to the entire staff and OMA for giving us great moto. We can't wait for the next round at Briarcliff MX!

I forgot to congratulate you guys on that win!!

Another thought on the riders meeting..... With the excellent PA and radio broadcast there, why does everyone have to come to the tower for a meeting??? Why not just announce it and save time that way too??

would I like a shorter day? Sure I would, but I also expect it to be long at a big races. Props to Malvern crew for a 4pm day, but they did not have as many riders nor 90s and sunny weather to deal with.

I spoke to Jeremy after the first 40 plus moto. I was extremely frustrated, I was one of a few that hit the deck. Went into the S corners and the ruts were full of water and just washed the front end out. The leader also went down on that first lap, he was not happy. I tried to be constructive with my frustration, but he also knew I was pissed. They did the same thing last year before our moto, and Steve Williams ended up laid up because of it. Old news now, the second moto track conditions were great. Jeremy was nice and polite and fixed the issue for moto 2.

Disappointing at the 40 plus turn out. These guys need to come out for these races. DMC holds a race and will have 20 plus riders. A race like the battle only draws 18? Not sure who monitors the 30c class, but really....your winner won all 6 motos of the 30c class 2 years ago and went to Loretta Lynns in 30+. I am guessing, but this is not who should be racing 30c class.

My son rode 250c and 125. Man both those motos were getting it. The second 250c moto was as good a moto as any to watch. I saw no one go down, and they had 44 on the gate for it. There was racing all the way around the track. One mistake and you were losing 3 or 4 spots. Probably one of the best 250c motos I have watched ever. As for the 125 moto....guys were flying. Old man Pape was up in the top 5. Second moto, Mitchy was on his ass for 5th I think. I stopped and told Mitchy if he would have passed Pape I would have gave him $20! Props to 45 year old Pape running with the kids though.

I had my sons friend with me to race this weekend too. The kid latterly blew the sole off his boots. Thanks to Hershey helping the kid out to race with loaning him a pair of size 10s. I didn't think he wanted to wear our extra size 12s!

Overall a great weekend at the races.

I spoke to Jeremy after the first 40 plus moto. I was extremely frustrated, I was one of a few that hit the deck. Went into the S corners and the ruts were full of water and just washed the front end out. The leader also went down on that first lap, he was not happy. Jeremy was nice and polite and fixed the issue for moto 2.

Not sure who monitors the 30c class, but really....your winner won all 6 motos of the 30c class 2 years ago and went to Loretta Lynns in 30+. I am guessing, but this is not who should be racing 30c class.

Chillitown has great people who dont get upset about complaints and always try to do their best to learn.

And yes, by far the sandbagger of the year award goes to Tommy Boner, +30C champ for the battle series ( all 6 moto wins ) 3 years ago ..... LL rider in the +30 B/C and now +30C winner again. Douche bag.

http://www.tracksideresults.com/omxa/archives/2014/seriespoints.asp?s=1&c=43&r=pos

IMG_0580.JPG
As for the 125 moto....guys were flying. Old man Pape was up in the top 5. Second moto, Mitchy was on his ass for 5th I think. I stopped and told Mitchy if he would have passed Pape I would have gave him $20! Props to 45 year old Pape running with the kids though.

Was a fun low stress weekend

1-1 in 85 Mini Sr 1st (24)
2-3 in Super Mini on an 85 3rd (36)
8-8 for 8th in the 125cc class on his Super Mini (29)

Pape had killer first moto on the 125cc class with a 3rd I think

Moto 2 of that class was best race of day for me to watch

Mitchy and Pape were close on start..Mitchy had killer jump but got swallowed up by the 125's .. and around in 9th around the first corner..I think..Jeff goes by Mitchy and it's on..Mitchy within 2 seconds most of race and at times a little tighter..they come through mechanics row and I'm screaming and waving an umbrella at Jeff not to let Mitchy get him...Mitchy later says he thought I was telling him to get Jeff..blahaa. Side note Jeff and Mitchy have their own fun taunts from RamJam earlier in the year..us even cracking on each other on the gate. They finished 7th and 8th that moto...Jeff comes
Off wasted exhausted and says .."I knew it was Mitchy coming"..Mitchy not too tired..youth on his side at 13...me stoked and rubbing it in that the old guy..kept him back..Great times ..great job Jeff..I needed some new material to run it in on Mitchy
#vetguyskickbutt

Last edited:
was anyone taking photos yesterday? If so, are they posted any where?
Ones I knew

Mike Vizer Mike Vizer Photo
OntheRoadPhotograpy
B.O.B Brendon Obrian
Tom White Productions was doing video edits
Eric Ritz is usually good for a few pics

Those ones I saw..find them on Social Media..I think Ontheroad has his up on his web page already

I had a case of oldmanitus this weekend. Gout in the elbow. That is a new one for me. Had it in the ankle , toe and hand but never in the elbow. Had everything loaded and ready but with 15 degrees of movement if would have been like my trip to The Vern... pointless...
How about all youth classes on Saturday. Big bikes on Sunday...

Why did no one protest Boner? Sandbaggers will always sandbag unless you do something about it. Maybe that is why he did not race last year so he could ask the AMA to move him back/ And you know they will say OK.

http://results.americanmotorcyclist.com/Riders/40627-tommy-boner

Yeah, the guy has ridden B classes and C classes in the same year at AMA events even.

In '14 he was at the Ranch, real C rider for sure......

http://lorettas14.tracksideresults.com/class.asp?c=14&e=1&s=

It wouldnt even be so bad but the guy brags about his winning all over FB, when confronted he wants to fight about it and race title for title....on FB only of course. Funny, I asked for my title to his bike after I beat him and then he was all apologetic and said he was just kidding back in 14! lol

My son rode awesome and passed a ton of people in moto 2 of 250c. Rode back to 19th. It was awesome every lap because one screw up and you lost 4 spots. Why was that moto so awesome to watch? 44 riders on the gate.

Back