Ain’t just Ohio moto that’s dead

2015 half year. Vs. 2016 half year KTM sales were up 11%. While adding over 150 new employees.

People are changing their riding habits. MSR gear is average gear at best. The reason dealers are closing isn't because of lack of dirt bike sales. Can't say I've ever seen strictly a dirt bike dealer, it's multiple reasons why. Service departments, parts departments, They are all apart of the business. Places like motosport or Rocky Mountain are all contributors to the loss of dealers. Plus I just bought a brand new CRF 110 and the dealer worked with me... unlike another local shop who didn't. Again I'll take my business where I get the most bang for my buck.

Motosport is part of MAG. Remember them, over $300 million in debt.

KTM offers more bikes than Honda. Just based of 50's 65's and their off road line. They have to have more but if you just search Yamaha Honda and KTM as a company they are all reporting profits vs last year. To find out the MX line specifically you'd have to dive further. But like I've been saying people have changed their shopping and riding habits. The way we buy as a society has changed but moto as a sport is trying to stay the same. We are a 2 day shipping type of world. Instant gratification is what we all want. So with that said people will ride and do what's best and convenient and economical for them. The industry isn't dead. But the weekend warrior racing is slow. Plus risk reward doesn't always add up for racing. Work comes quick on Monday and my boss would be upset if I spent it at the hospital.

I wonder how all the track owners feel about this topic every time it comes up ..Year after year after year By the same few guys!! I have personally seen one guy work his ass off for 5 days straight from sun up to sun down to make a track ready for the race weekend .."hey man let's elimate some classes ..Add more classes...so and so used to own a track " Maybe go watch what these guys have to actually do to make a track work so you can ride it and you won't bitch and moan so much..Happy holidays !! By the way it's only 47 days until Summit indoors incase anyone wanted to race it!!

I have an idea!! Quit whining! Be happy that u have a choice of where u want to ride for the weekend! I applaud the track owners that work there tail off to try and make everyone happy. I love the fact that I can load up Saturday night and decide if I want to race on Sunday or just go ride!!! Shut up, put ur big boy pants on and go ride, or race! Dirtbikes aren't going anywhere!

I was going to race Mansfield harescramble last Sunday. Then I added up the 10$ gate fee for me, the wife, and my two kids. 25$ entry fee, 25$ CRA membership. 90$ total.

We went to SVR where we are members and me and my kids rode all day. It's all about what's fun and the best bang for your dollar.

Racing is dying for a number of reasons.

MAG's problems are many and mostly from mismanagement.
Greed, corruption and corporate mentality did them in. Will do it every time.

The fact there even is a MAG (mega money type guys)in our sport is a sign it's not the little grass roots community it once was.

Narrative: a story that connects and explains a carefully selected set of supposedly true events, experiences, or the like, intended to support a particular viewpoint or thesis.

Yeah , well ....Get out of here with real facts - it doesn't fit the narrative.

He was correct about Motosport.
And what does fit the narrative is the fact that you have become more of an ass hole than ever before.
I hope it’s just an act you portray on Pit Racer because I hate to think that you believe your the only one who knows everything and is always correct. And only your opinion matters.

He was correct about Motosport.
And what does fit the narrative is the fact that you have become more of an ass hole than ever before.
I hope it’s just an act you portray on Pit Racer because I hate to think that you believe your the only one who knows everything and is always correct. And only your opinion matters.
Yep , it's an act.
You throw out stink bait - I'll be an ass.

Catfish-Bait_1573.jpg

Narrative: a story that connects and explains a carefully selected set of supposedly true events, experiences, or the like, intended to support a particular viewpoint or thesis.

So then the real narrative of this thread is ol' Georgie Porgie Puddin Pie hadn't
created, liked or commented on a post for a minute and wanted to see if he
could stir things up! Psshhh Kids!

Back